PDA

View Full Version : Help,

scottie2hotti
22-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Ok so I got my speedo fixed end of April, the speedo and odo weren't working everything else was working fine, and took it to my local Mitsubishi to fix they quoted me $200 so I got them to fix it, got a phone call 10days later saying it was ready to be picked up for $556.

When I picked it up I noticed the fuel and temp needles f the high vis weren't working and you couldn't see the levels. So I complained on the spot as I hadn't left the garage yet and they tried to tell me that the needles don't light up (load Of S**t). I had to take the car as I was meant to be moving up to Auckland the next day and told them to advise me what they wanted to do. After waiting around for them to contact me I got impatient and contacted them.

They are now offering to remove the speedo and check if they left off a cable and install it for free and if that no the problem they will send it away to the company that fixed it and let them diagnose they issue and if it was there issue or Mitsubishi or a new fault. This is when they say Its your word against our mechanics who says it wasn't lit up in the first place so you will have to pay for the repair if they diagnose it as a new problem,

How do they get off trying to tell me I'll have to pay for it if its found to be a "new problem" when It appeared after they "fixed it". If this is the case do I have any legal ground to stand on? Inst there a law against trades people making work for themselves? Like with WOFs etc?

I think I might of pissed him off when I made a complaint to Mitsubishi NZ :P

mattnz
22-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Have you tried pressing on it into the dash a little bit? The contacts can be a bit iffy sometimes I've found.

I don't know if there's a law against it, but it's bad business to potentially lose an ongoing customer over a couple of hours labour.

bradc
22-06-2010, 09:01 AM
For $556 I would damned well expect that everything would be perfect! It is most likely a loose connection though that wouldn't be hard to fix, but I would get them to do it rather than you spending time to fix it.