PDA

View Full Version : club vr4 window stickers

smitty31
24-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey,

this might sound a bit dumb, but how do you put the stickers on to the window, when i pull the backing of the sticker, some letters come of with it, and some stay on the other bit./duh

foxdie
24-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Skill my dear boy. Skill.

Atik
24-06-2010, 03:02 PM
You have to do it very gently. Apply even pressure over it all and as you pull the backing away from the stickers, do it very slowly and if needed, help it by holding the letters on the glass.

Scanny
24-06-2010, 03:44 PM
it helps if you pull the backing right back on itself and use a fingernail or something to hold the letters in place through the bit you are pulling and use the same technique when putting the sticker on the car. i did it at an angle too so i was pulling the backing paper down which exposed the letters at a 45 degree angle where the paper folded back on itself

the real challenge will be the full width stickers i am going to have made up before knockhill in august. i might leave that to the experts, especially the front one which wont have the heating elements to line up with

smitty31
24-06-2010, 04:26 PM
cheers, i am going to atempt it now.

Roberto
24-06-2010, 04:29 PM
And just make sure you know if you have internal or external stickers.

It could be the wrong side your trying to peel off.

Atik
24-06-2010, 04:33 PM
The official way to get vinyls on any surface is to use soapy water to get the vinyl in place, then squeegy out all the water, let the vinyl stick and then peel off. The soapy water allows you to the vinyls without risking it peeling away.

The CVR4 stickers are so small that it can be lined up by eye. Just ensure that the surface is clean and that you apply pressure on all parts of the letters. The last thing you want is half of a letter ripping away with the backing paper as you peel it off... been there, done that, ruined the vinyl, ordered new ones and then had to re-fit! LOL

smitty31
24-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I have done it, /applaude
thanks for the help guys.

Atik
24-06-2010, 04:54 PM
TTIWWOP :p