PDA

View Full Version : A dig at BP

mike74
25-06-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

BillHardy
25-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey Mike thats very funny and probably just like they are handling things in real life

maori_by_nature
26-06-2010, 01:49 AM
throw the ping pong ball... what happened??? nothing!!! ur ****d lmao!!!

martin_y
26-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks to all the negative hype, the share price is low, and I've just bought a whole lot, in the HOPE that it will recover !!

mike74
28-06-2010, 08:40 AM
i got the link sent to me at work & almost wee'd myself. i think it sums up bp's efforts quite nicely :)

Turbo_Steve
28-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Just out of interest - what would you guys have done differently?

mike74
29-06-2010, 08:52 AM
i wouldn't have tried pumping 'rubbish' downhole for a start (top-kill). they seem to be trying all the cheapest/easiest options first & as a result its still leaking. working up in Aberdeen & in the oil industry, im VERY sure there's technology out there that could've sealed it up by now (i can think of a couple of options off the top of my head). i personally think they're biding their time until the relief wells are drilled so they can then control it & start producing from it. most of the efforts so far have been to try & reclaim the oil thats leaked out & sealing it has come second best!

(btw, my last job was working as a subsea wellheads/completions (xmas tree's) designer at Dril-Quip but have also worked on downhole kit & currently work with surface wellheads) :)

Johnny_Cashed
29-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Really fecks me off with the Americans going off at BP - Bhopal anyone? Fecking American govt are such hypocrites and the American public seem as bad, with the opposition to things such as American military personnel being tried for crimes overseas in the countries in which they take place.