PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on here then?

HPRULZ
25-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I am reposting these dynos in a seperate thread as they kinda got buried in the rolling road results and I would really like to hear what people think is causing this. I know that several cars were running lean that day but none had graphs like this, car wasnt exhibiting knock and as most of you know runs solid 15 sec quarters and is standard boost. I use it daily for a run from Harlow to Romford and it doesnt miss a beat. It was suggested that I try a new fuel pump (which is on order now) and Ben suggested maybe try a differant MAF but all input is gratefully received. I would like to get it resolved as John has (very wisely) declined fitting the uprated ECU until it returns more conventional results.

Kev

bradc
25-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Your power curve is fairly flat from about 4000rpm. I would guess the problem actually starts there and then at 5500rpm everything goes completely crazy.

I think a new fuel pump and maf are indeed the first two things to test.

Eurospec
26-06-2010, 01:14 AM
This may be a number of issues rolled together.

What intercooler is on that one Kev?

cheers,

Ben.

Nick Mann
26-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Could it be the fuel pump not getting the full voltage? I think the relay is the one on the bulkhead, it switches full power to the pump at certain points...

Fuel filter could be blocked, meaning not enough flow at higher RPM?

FPR could be not working properly - fuel pressure not rising properly with boost? (I think this last one is clutching at straws though!

HPRULZ
26-06-2010, 10:30 AM
This may be a number of issues rolled together.

What intercooler is on that one Kev?

cheers,

Ben.

Hi Ben,
I have one of Gareths intercoolers on it mate, I have a new fuel pump on the way and am still trying to source another MAF, plan was once I had those items which were suggested as maybe's was to bring it back down to you.

Kev

HPRULZ
26-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Could it be the fuel pump not getting the full voltage? I think the relay is the one on the bulkhead, it switches full power to the pump at certain points...

Fuel filter could be blocked, meaning not enough flow at higher RPM?

FPR could be not working properly - fuel pressure not rising properly with boost? (I think this last one is clutching at straws though!

Thanks Nick,
at least as long as the suggestions keep coming in I will have stuff to try the most frustrating thing is when I don't have anymore ideas.
rep given.

Kev

ianturbo
26-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I have just been reading both the For sale ECU's and this thread ,and dug out last years printouts ,
is the AFR on mine good or bad ?? cause i aint got a clue ,
or would i need a better fuel pump /maf ??
ian

bradc
26-06-2010, 10:51 PM
That is very good for a stock car Ian. Most of them dip into the 10's which your one does not do.

Wodjno
26-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Agree with Brad /yes

Thats as good or better than i've seen on some tuned cars ...
Stock cars normalley plummet into the 10's and even 9's /help

ianturbo
26-06-2010, 11:58 PM
So should i be lookin at the 0.2-13.0 ??or the one that goes sky ward ??:smart:
and it was 12 months ago it was on rollers , got a fat exhaust on it now , and have swapped the air flow meter due to lights on dash commin on after start up !
ian

Wodjno
27-06-2010, 12:01 AM
So should i be lookin at the 0.2-13.0 ??or the one that goes sky ward ??:smart:
and it was 12 months ago it was on rollers , got a fat exhaust on it now , and have swapped the air flow meter due to lights on dash commin on after start up !
ian

The 1 that goes skyward is your Boost in Bar and you read that from the righthand side scale..

The 1 that starts at 13 is your AFR and u read that from the lefthand side scale /yes

ianturbo
27-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Cheers , am now thinkin were is Nick Mann and his go faster ECU !!:flamed:
ian

Nick Mann
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Huh? You've lost me there, Ian.

ianturbo
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Will mine go well with one of your box of tricks ??
Ian

Wodjno
01-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Will mine go well with one of your box of tricks ??
Ian

Are you sure you don't mean Jutter Non ? :whistle:

ianturbo
02-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Are you sure you don't mean Jutter Non ? :whistle:
:smart: :smart: :smart:
ian