PDA

View Full Version : predictions on the score tomorrow?

Humpty's Revenge
26-06-2010, 10:14 AM
So just for a bit of fun what do you think the end result will be then guys.

I think /Hmmm could be extra time but not penalties.

So 2-2 by full time

But going on previous I think Germany as they have looked the better side out of the two.

I really want England but the performance I don`t think is there.

What say you?

Jane
26-06-2010, 10:16 AM
With blind optimism, I predict 2-1 England and Rooney to score at least one of them /bananaroc

Humpty's Revenge
26-06-2010, 10:17 AM
With blind optimism, I predict 2-1 England and Rooney to score at least one of them /bananaroc

Jane fingers crossed

JTG
26-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I do believe we will win this one. The Germans are certainly nothing special (granted, from what we've done in this world cup so far, neither are we, but we all know the quality we have in our side and what we're capable of) and I think a solid 2-0 or 3-1 win are the best bets.

Ryan
26-06-2010, 10:45 AM
uploaded/50107/1277325458.jpg

My prediction is more pain for England.

Spirit
26-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Now we are in the knockouts every game should be treated as a cup final. On their day, this England side is capable of beating any of the other teams still left in........BUT, I think they will let themselves (and us of course) down.

However, I am going to be optimistic and go with the 2-1 England win

elnevio
26-06-2010, 11:50 AM
I think this will go one of two ways (and not meaning the obvious they will win or we will win!):

A tight game, which England will mess up, losing 1-0 or on penalties;

or

An easy win to England, perhaps 4-1 or thereabouts.

I.e. I can't see Germany thrashing England, nor can I see England winning it if it's tight towards the end. But I could see England finally discovering their mojo, getting into the groove, and making the game look easy. They've got the quality, but have they got the glue to stick it all together into a coherent side. I hope so!

Oh, and David James has showed why he continues to get selected as the 'keeper. He has showed really safe hands since his return. However, you are always wondering with him when the next 'calamity' will rear its ugly head. /duh

crazyken76
26-06-2010, 11:55 AM
after the last game i think the team will be up for this and will win 3-2

Kieran
26-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I think England will go up two frames to one, only to be beaten 15-love and knocked out in the 5th round being 6 over par with a 30 second time penalty and a refusal at the final fence. :joker:

Ryan
26-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I've dusted off my bell-helmet for the match :p

Humpty's Revenge
26-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I've dusted off my bell-helmet for the match :p

OH ERR:speechles

Humpty's Revenge
26-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I think England will go up two frames to one, only to be beaten 15-love and knocked out in the 5th round being 6 over par with a 30 second time penalty and a refusal at the final fence. :joker:

You really hate bootball don`t you K??/pan

Ryan
26-06-2010, 12:18 PM
OH ERR:speechles

Jokey jokey /haz

I will be supporting Germany though /yes

JTG
26-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Jokey jokey /haz

I will be supporting Germany though /yes

Why?

Ryan
27-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Why?

Because I like Germany.

richy rich
27-06-2010, 07:56 AM
3-0 to Germany

Humpty's Revenge
27-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Just a thought.:smug:

If England beat Germany and Argentina beat Mexico and then we beat Argentina we get 2 birds with 1 stone.

The Germans for there constant boring :snore: behaviour of penalty shoot outs and those cheating :censored: Argies with there hand of god goal.:P

/popcorn

VR4Kaos
27-06-2010, 09:11 AM
think that thre germans will beat us 2-1 @ least which is gutting for me as Claire (trouble en strife) is quater German :(

White Lightning
27-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I have to agree with Nev, I think it's either going to be a tight game and we lose or we will win comfortably. And as I am feeling positive today, I am going to go for the later. So, a 3-1 England win for me.

SGHOM
27-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Pork pie, sausage roll.... Come on England score a goal /Wave

ANTHONY
27-06-2010, 04:11 PM
5-2/bananaroc

col1n
27-06-2010, 04:26 PM
5-1 by the looks of it/woot2

ianturbo
27-06-2010, 04:29 PM
WTF !!! England are a bunch of overpaid arseholes !! And can I get mi money back on mi shirt ???
Ian

Wodjno
27-06-2010, 04:49 PM
And they think it's all over ??

Humpty's Revenge
27-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I think this will go one of two ways (and not meaning the obvious they will win or we will win!):

A tight game, which England will mess up, losing 1-0 or on penalties;

or

An easy win to England, perhaps 4-1 or thereabouts.

I.e. I can't see Germany thrashing England, nor can I see England winning it if it's tight towards the end. But I could see England finally discovering their mojo, getting into the groove, and making the game look easy. They've got the quality, but have they got the glue to stick it all together into a coherent side. I hope so!

Oh, and David James has showed why he continues to get selected as the 'keeper. He has showed really safe hands since his return. However, you are always wondering with him when the next 'calamity' will rear its ugly head. /duh

You had an Irish time machine Nev./haz

elnevio
27-06-2010, 05:26 PM

A tight game, which Germany will mess up, losing 1-0 or on penalties;

or

An easy win to Germany, perhaps 4-1 or thereabouts.

I.e. I can't see England thrashing Germany, nor can I see Germany winning it if it's tight towards the end. But I could see Germany finally discovering their mojo, getting into the groove, and making the game look easy. They've got the quality, but have they got the glue to stick it all together into a coherent side. I hope so!

EFA...

In reality, Richy was probably closest! /yes

PaddyB
27-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Pah - there goes my fleece.

Humpty's Revenge
27-06-2010, 07:26 PM
What do you think should happen to the ref and lines men? :microwave

elnevio
27-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Seeing as Sepp Blatter is the ONLY person who thinks there should be no goal-line technology, he needs a good kick in the nadgers. Followed by implementation of said technology (although only for potential goals).

The linesman had a clear view of that goal. How he didn't see it, I have no idea.

aboo
27-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Seeing as Sepp Blatter is the ONLY person who thinks there should be no goal-line technology, he needs a good kick in the nadgers. Followed by implementation of said technology (although only for potential goals).

The linesman had a clear view of that goal. How he didn't see it, I have no idea.
It would'nt have changed the out come of the game so no point dwelling on it.

elnevio
27-06-2010, 08:04 PM
It would'nt have changed the out come of the game so no point dwelling on it.
We'll never know for sure. But probably not on tonight's evidence generally.

However, it would have been 2-2, probably into half-time, and then a game with a totally different complexion.

The point I'll be dwelling on is that this is yet more evidence of why we should have goal-line technology. It would take the 4th official about 10 seconds to say whether the ball was over the line or not.

Pastor of Muppets
27-06-2010, 08:12 PM
does this mean all those flags will finally stop litering the roads??

richy rich
27-06-2010, 09:03 PM
They think its all over IT IS NOW weeeeeeeeeeeee

aboo
27-06-2010, 09:35 PM
We'll never know for sure. But probably not on tonight's evidence generally.

However, it would have been 2-2, probably into half-time, and then a game with a totally different complexion.

The point I'll be dwelling on is that this is yet more evidence of why we should have goal-line technology. It would take the 4th official about 10 seconds to say whether the ball was over the line or not.
It should'nt just be goal line technology. It should be for diveing, red cards that should'nt be & off side.

Most games are filmed And we see the replay with in seconds so why cant another official not be watching the replay.

They have been doing it in rugby for years.

martin_y
27-06-2010, 09:48 PM
It should'nt just be goal line technology. It should be for diveing, red cards that should'nt be & off side.

Most games are filmed And we see the replay with in seconds so why cant another official not be watching the replay.

They have been doing it in rugby for years.

Agree it was a joke, sorry IS a joke that they dont use technology ! When the stakes are so high, it puts people off the game when its so obvious that a very wrong decision was made.

chris g
27-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Result of the game

England lose, Manager goes, players still make a fortune...

And continue diving, cheating, intimidating referees and then complaining after the game despite video evidence of their cheating and thuggery

How any of them deserve to be Captain of the national team with this type of behaviour is beyond me..

And role models...?