PDA

View Full Version : Dual? Sequential?

andyleaves
27-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Lets see if I have this right from what I have read after running "Sequential" search just on the turbo's forum. (See Steve, I can use it :) )

Our Vr's are dual not sequential

Dual = Meaning one turbo basically independent of the other, per side of the 'V'.

Sequential = Two tub's inline; smaller to get the lump going (reduce Lag), and a second bigger tub to lay he power down.

Davezj
27-06-2010, 02:19 PM
yes that's it

andyleaves
27-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Cheers Dave,
i gather then, that because of the mass of pipe work is the reason we only have a single (BOV/Dump Valve/Waste Gate Again not really what sure the diff is between them, they all seem to do the same job! {Ducking Now!!!})

Nick Mann
27-06-2010, 03:02 PM
The turbos both feed the same pipework at the same time. Only one bov is required for one pressure system.

Turbo_Steve
27-06-2010, 03:29 PM
BOV/Dump Valve/Waste Gate Again not really what sure the diff is between them, they all seem to do the same job! {Ducking Now!!!})

Oooh!! [suck air through teeth!]

Dump-Valve
At a basic level, your dumpvalve/BOV/recirc whatever you want to call it opens when you let off the throttle. It stops the turbo from trying to spin backwards and damage itself: it vents all the air out of the pipework going between the turbo(s) and the engine.

Wastegate
Without one of these, your turbos will just keep spooling faster and faster until they melt! There is one on each turbo. They are in the exhaust system, and effectively "bypass" the exhuats side of the turbo, opening when it reaches the target boost / flow pressure.

Nice one on the searching - you have much still to search! :D

andyleaves
27-06-2010, 07:22 PM
/YMaster

Turbo_Steve
27-06-2010, 09:48 PM
very good, my young padowan.