PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 $4.5k - Pics!

iOnic
28-06-2010, 12:53 AM
97 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
~180,000 Kms
Pearl White
Wof to October 2010 (flew through last WOF) and Reg to September 2010
Have a folder with receipts for all the maintenance and servicing + WOF sheets
$4500ono

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-295101883.htm

Pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/ionic/DSC00006-5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/ionic/DSC000182.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/ionic/DSC00017-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/ionic/DSC00009-6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/ionic/DSC000082.jpg

Service history:
Cambelt + oil seals done at ~120,000kms
Active Yaw Control (AYC) rear diff serviced and inspected
Transmission flushed and oil and filter changed
New vented discs and pads on the front + new fluid
Rear brakes inspected but still have plenty of life in them
FL Tie Rod end replaced for WOF Oct 2009
FR Caliper sliding pins replaced

The car has just had a big service. Done ~2000kms since the following was done:

Hydraulic Lash Adjusters (Lifters) all serviced - all 24 of them. No ticking from this Mitsi :D
Engine oil and filter changed
Entire cooling system flushed (radiator, engine etc) + overflow bottle cleaned
FR Brake hose replaced
Brand new Spark Plugs
Brand new Alloy core Radiator
Brand new transmission oil cooler lines
Brand new Thermostat
All electronic systems have been checked on a diagnostic scanner and there are no faults and everything works as it should.

The major services have all been done so there are no big expenses coming up and there are years of trouble free and very exciting motoring ahead.

Faults: Nothing major – a few cosmetic details.
There are a few small scratches/dents on the exterior
The car has had parts resprayed at some point and they don't match the factory Pearl white. Hard to tell unless you're looking for it/fussy.
Cup holder divider is broken. Still perfectly usable but again, something to replace if you're fussy.

iOnic
28-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Small video I took of the exhaust note a while ago. Please note the boost gauge is not included in the sale and has already been removed from the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwz3pySIRkg

bradc
28-06-2010, 02:36 AM
It has 191kw at 5500rpm and 343nm at 4000rpm

iOnic
28-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Cheers. I was made aware of that but can't change the listing till it expires :) Any offers will be considered as the car is just sitting in the garage being unused which is a waste of a great car.

heads_up
28-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Keep that for a few months until I'm ready to buy again, right what I'm looking for, little high on kms for me but still wtb!

Distort
28-06-2010, 02:44 PM
if it doesnt end up selling would u ever want to part with the engine cover ... my trade me stalking for one isn't going good =P cheeeers

iOnic
28-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Keep that for a few months until I'm ready to buy again, right what I'm looking for, little high on kms for me but still wtb!

We'd rather it went sooner rather than later but you never know :) The km's are getting up there but we chose it over lower km examples because it was the most mechanically sound at the time and hadn't been molested/thrashed like a lot of the VR4's we'd seen so the km's weren't really a bother.

if it doesnt end up selling would u ever want to part with the engine cover ... my trade me stalking for one isn't going good =P cheeeers

Dunno that you'd want it :P It's a bit bung like most of them get. I keep an eye on trademe to find another one to replace it with but they're a bit hard to find haha.

Distort
30-06-2010, 01:14 AM
lol cheers no cover atm =(

iOnic
09-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Bump price dropped to $4300 or near offer

fuel
09-07-2010, 02:33 AM
so why is you still have the 205kW/363Nm power figure in there after being corrected on no less than two different occasions? Are you trying to mislead people?

Ryan
09-07-2010, 02:58 AM
so why is you still have the 205kW/363Nm power figure in there after being corrected on no less than two different occasions? Are you trying to mislead people?

If you read the thread he did mention:

"Cheers. I was made aware of that but can't change the listing till it expires"

fuel
09-07-2010, 03:28 AM
oh right, my apologies. Having never listed a car as a classified I wasn't aware you can't change it half way through.

iOnic
09-07-2010, 04:02 AM
Are you actually interested in the car or is it simply your goal to repeatedly point out a mistake that I've already told you I am aware of? I can't possibly be the first person to make that mistake. It really is an honest mistake that slipped my mind at the time of writing the listing - I'm well aware of the fact that only the PFL Manual and FL models were 206kw versions. It's not my intention to mislead anyone especially over something as arbitrary as a manufacturer's quoted power figure but in the interest of pleasing you and helping you sleep comfortably at night, that bit has been removed from the listing now :) Sleep tight Fuel, the world is safe again :)

iOnic
12-07-2010, 04:25 AM
$3900 - last price drop. If it doesn't sell this week it can sit in the garage until it rots/we get sick of seeing it :D This is ridiculously cheap considering the condition it's in.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-295101883.htm

Harlet
26-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Car is now viewable at 668 Tremaine Ave, Palmerston North from 8.30am to 5pm weekdays. Weekends are by arrangement only.

Price is $3900 ono.

After driving her in this morning I really wish I could keep her but sadly 3 cars for one person is just too greedy and expensive. I would like her to go to a good home if possible.

Happy to deliver throughout NZ for a fee.

fuel
26-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I reckon you might have good luck $1res'ing it on Trademe. I sold my one, a '96 done higher kms and probably not in as good condition mechanically and no leather interior for $3370 - the thing with a $1res auction is it generates anywhere between 5-10 times the interest you would have otherwise got with a standard auction or classified listing. All it takes is two determined interested parties who wont back down and a bidding war begins and usually escalates to a favourable price.

Sorry I don't mean to be picking at your advert but I feel it could use some more pics - Trademe give you 20 slots it makes sense to use them all to get the most out of your money.

*edit* I see you have used up most the pic slots, must have been a while since I first looked at your listing. You could try taking photos on a sunny day with a nice back-drop and clear shots of the car with no shadows or glare etc. PM me if you want some pointers, I have found some changes in my listings which have made clear differences and more people interested.

Harlet
27-07-2010, 04:26 AM
I've already spent $40 listing it on trademe, can't get that money back or change it to an auction for free to its staying as is. I am by no means rich especially after the legal BS I've been through with my ex recently.

As for photos, kind of hard to get photos when I work 40 mins from where the car is normally so its dark when I leave and dark when I get home and has been raining every weekend since I put this up.

I have had plenty of time wasters inquire about it over the last week, and if for some reason I wanted a 50" plasma and dvd recorder I might have gotten rid of it several times over/duh

Will leave it as is if it sells it sells, if not meh will chuck it down the back of the section for a dog kennel.

VR4WGN
27-07-2010, 04:52 AM
its tippy right? iv got 1 just delivered to Turners ill get 3k for it no doubt so try them....

mattnz
27-07-2010, 05:14 AM
I've already spent $40 listing it on trademe, can't get that money back or change it to an auction for free to its staying as is. I am by no means rich especially after the legal BS I've been through with my ex recently.

As for photos, kind of hard to get photos when I work 40 mins from where the car is normally so its dark when I leave and dark when I get home and has been raining every weekend since I put this up.

I have had plenty of time wasters inquire about it over the last week, and if for some reason I wanted a 50" plasma and dvd recorder I might have gotten rid of it several times over/duh

Will leave it as is if it sells it sells, if not meh will chuck it down the back of the section for a dog kennel.

Lol or swaps for 92 Integra 18 inch chromies on the front, stock hubs on the back, 1 good tyre, imitation momo steering wheel, missing one wing mirror, cut springs but goes hard azzzz bro and looks fully sick. Maybe + some cash my way?

They're always good for a laugh though :D

fuel
27-07-2010, 08:36 AM
how many "when was the cambelt last changed?" questions have you got even though you have clearly mentioned it has been replaced? it's unreal - just about every single car I list I get the obligatory "when was the cambelt done?", even on the chain driven cars I've specifically said don't run cam belts.

Harlet
27-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Surprisingly I haven't been asked about the cambelt this time. Was offered a 1989 Ford courier wagon on 18" chromies in matty b for it lol.

VR4WGN doesn't turners rip you a new one in fees???

fuel
27-07-2010, 10:46 PM
they rip the buyer mostly - they pay $305 on top of the auction price for a car between $2000 and $10000, I think the sellers fee is $100 or so.

Harlet
28-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Might have a chat to the manager at turners here, might be another option.

heads_up
28-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll need about another month but I'm still interested.

Harlet
28-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I'll need about another month but I'm still interested.

Will hold off doing anything drastic for another month, would recommend viewing before you set your sites on it, or have someone you trust look at it on your behalf if you can't

Harlet
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Cars back in marton now as our 40ft container at work has arrived and the warehouse is about to be filled up again.

VR4WGN
03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
i dont mind paying the fees ey.. better the car sitting there safe than parked up taking my space at my shop or my home

Harlet
12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
i dont mind paying the fees ey.. better the car sitting there safe than parked up taking my space at my shop or my home

I have heaps of space at home for it, and tbh if it was stolen I wouldn't be too fussed its fully insured as are all my cars:happy:

Harlet
19-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Bump still have it if anyone is interested.