PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new member

Brunty
24-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Evenin'

Seem to be lots of new members - around the same time as all the VR4s disappear off AutoTrader!

Liked the look of the VR4 since I first saw one in the Mitsubishi garage near my folks place. Just got the loan approved from the bank and will be looking for a VR4/Legnum (pref UK spec) w. leather interior pretty soon.

Like the site tons of useful stuff for a newby like me.

Cheers

Steve

Jimbo
25-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the site, matey. :welcome:

I've not been here long myself, but I can vouch for the quality of the locals - some great banter goes on here, both the informative and the funny.

If you're after info then I would strongly suggest joining as a full member - it's only £20 for a full year and you get full access to all the best information about these fabulous cars. Go on, you know you want to! :)

Spirit
25-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Welcome to CVR4 Steve, and good luck in your hunt for one of these beauties.

Spot on advice from Jimbo, the £20 will be the best £20 you can spend on your VR4 ;)

Nick Mann
25-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Where abouts in Brum? I live in Redditch and work in Aston. Don't have the VR4 anymore, though!

Why not pop along to Trax a week on sunday, there should be a few of us there to chat to and ask questions.

Good luck in your search!

BraindG
25-08-2004, 10:14 AM
HEWO! :welcome:

The Vee
25-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Welcome to you Brunty. The previous posts say it all. Keep us up to date !!

Brunty
25-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys - I expect VR4 ownership to be expensive but £20 before I've even started looking! Give us the sales pitch then, what will my hard earned get me? What with the buyers guide and a friendly mechanic I'm thinking I'll only need an idea of insurance costs before I commit - any comments?

Nick,

I've got a flat in Edgbaston but I'm just finishing a job in London before I return in September, when I'll put some effort into finding my VR4.

I might well come down to TRAX (Sun 5th Sept?), are the details/times on the site somewhere, got a link to it?

Cheers and thanks again.

Steve

SGHOM
26-08-2004, 07:23 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4299&page=1&pp=20

Brunty
26-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the invite - I was hoping to make it down but managed to lose my passport (three days before I went on holiday!), so had a frantic time and missed the meeting. Hope everyone had a great time, with a bit of luck I'll make the next one.

Cheers

Steve

Nick Mann
26-09-2004, 10:08 PM
No probs.

Everyone is welcome!

For the next big meet, see my signature!