PDA

View Full Version : accessiblity problems

Scanny
28-06-2010, 09:40 PM
i am aware of the issues with google chrome not allowing access to drop down menus etc but i am now having those issues on firefox but only since my membership status was reinstated. presumably there are settings in my profile that need rectifying but i cant get into my profile to make any changes. the page drops a few lines and thats all that happens

i was able to access everything before the reinstatement!

Big Ian
17-07-2010, 01:06 PM
ahh so that's why i can't change my profile either ... we use google chrome to

if adminn can do it, could you please delete all of my signature please as ive not got the VR6 any more :D

aboo
17-07-2010, 01:11 PM
ahh so that's why i can't change my profile either ... we use google chrome to

if adminn can do it, could you please delete all of my signature please as ive not got the VR6 any more :D
what do you have now?

Nutter_John
17-07-2010, 01:13 PM
i am aware of the issues with google chrome not allowing access to drop down menus etc but i am now having those issues on firefox but only since my membership status was reinstated. presumably there are settings in my profile that need rectifying but i cant get into my profile to make any changes. the page drops a few lines and thats all that happens

i was able to access everything before the reinstatement!

have you tried logging out and logging back into the site ?

Big Ian
23-07-2010, 11:11 PM
what do you have now?

/Wyhy i am now thee proud owner of a rather "minty'r than mint" E30 BMW 318iS
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/jacsuz/318%20iS/100_1658-1-2.jpg

ive owned about 6 E30 BM's & nothing comes close to the condition of this one ... probably one of the cleanest car's ive owned (so far)

many more pic's here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3871075

aboo
23-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Very nice Ian. Any plans to mod it?

Big Ian
23-07-2010, 11:28 PM
no, if anything i'll return it back to how it should look, which would inc: black trims and either 14 or 15" BBS alloy's & remove the Tech 1 side skirt's?
i like it "as is" but being the rarest UK model i think it would be best as close to standard as pos?

ive had had quite a few ££££ offers for the E30 but i'm not parting with this, i was even told of an advert that had been posted on Gumtree by a past owner trying to trace the car so he could buy it back
just in the past 15mths it had £6K spent on it! & i got it via a deal for my Golf VR6 :D

quick search & the advert is still live: http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/67/60853767.html

aboo
23-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I hear what your saying.

bradc
24-07-2010, 12:14 AM
The front bumper and side skirts look good, I would not remove those at all!

Those wheels are pretty crap though!

As for the browser and site problems, just use IE8, it works with everything.

Big Ian
31-07-2010, 03:15 PM
brad they wheels are going no-where :D they are original BBS LM alloy's ordered from the factory in the proper stud pattern for a E30 (4x100) ive got the receipt for them and the last owner paid £1270 for them, it's actualy the wheels that most folk comment on :thumbsup: .. in a good way

Maxus
31-07-2010, 09:07 PM
As for the browser and site problems, just use IE8, it works with everything.

Not sure that's the best advice, websites should not be locked down to a single browser or platform. For security and compatability alone I wouldn't use IE8.

Wonder if we can work with the techies to resolve the compatability issues, not too hard, just need to ensure we use cross-platform code and support so everyone regardless of device or OS can use the site :D

/end rant :P

Anyhows, the car looks cool, like others I am not a fan of the rims to be honest, but hey that's just me and my opinion! Keep us posted with progress though!

bradc
31-07-2010, 09:08 PM
The black and silver thing is all wrong though. If they were just silver they would be much better.