PDA

View Full Version : FS:-Nissan Skyline R33 GTST 5 Speed manual modified *** SOLD! ***

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 09:23 AM
YEAR: 1993 (L-REG BUT HAS GOT PRIVATE PLATE INCLUDED)
COLOUR:BLACK
MILEAGE:Approx 139,000 To which alot was in KMH, but not on the new engine.
R.F.L.* EXPIRY DATE:SORN
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE:EXPIRED
PRICE:£1600
CONTACT DETAILS: Pm or reply through this thread
LOCATION. ISLE OF WIGHT
DESCRIPTION:

OK after much deliberation I have decided to sell my R33 import as a complete going concern. Now I bought this as a project but to be honest with you I have lost total interest in it as I`ve just got to much to do plus we are hopefully moving soon and I don`t want to take this with me. So please understand you are buying a project car.

Here is the goodies:-

5 Speed manual.

LSD.

HKS Super dragger exhaust.

HKS dump valve.

Siebon carbon fibre bonnet.

Veilside R33 GTST rear spoiler (With carbon end plates not fitted).

Genuine GT-R grill.

Modified Jun 400r front bumper.

Blitz FMIC.

Blitz 75mm down pipe.

Blitz intercooler

Stage 1 Abbey ecu.

Tein Super street suspension fully adjustable.

K & N Air filter.

Front adjustable strut brace.

Nismo smoked side indicators.

Luminous blue dials.

Dash mounted turbo timer.

Cat 1 Scorpion alarm/Immobiliser.

Razo gear knob.

Light tinted glass all round.

The engine has been replaced and is an ATF power unit with the following:-

GT-R Forged pistons.

Peened con-rods.

Lightened & balanced crank.

GT-R Fuel regulator.

GT-R R32 Clutch.

GT-R R33 Exhaust cam.

Electric windows.

Fully adjustable wing mirrors (Fold in type)

A/C but that needs charging

Electric sunroof

Tracker which can be re-activated at your cost if need be

Standard Skyline wheels.

Plus probably other things but that's the main good stuff.

I do have a folder full of stuff

It needs finishing with the following:-

Power steering pump (Supplied)
Front indicators fitted and wired up (Supplied)
N/S Headlight wiring fitted and checked (Wiring supplied)
Heater matrix replaced (Supplied)
Hole in O/S rear arch
Both arches are also slightly rusty on the inside lip.
Will need a battery
General tidy up and a re-spray but that's something that can be done in time probably as paint is not good.

Which is not a lot plus everything that I have found that needs doing I have got. Obviously there could be other things but its on or around 85% ready.
Now it runs very well I have driven it on a private road.

You get a lot of car for very little money and the asking price is non-negotiable as I paid more than that for it.

Pictures to follow very soon. The wheels are not included in the sale plus I`ll take some more detailed pickies soon but it gives you an idea.

More photos of the car, needs a really good clean. I`ve taken pictures of the bad bits and the engine damper is`nt mine so that is the only thing that does`nt go with the car.

Wodjno
29-06-2010, 09:31 AM
£1600 ??

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 09:33 AM
£1600 ??

Yes mate £1600, is that a fair price??

Here`s some more pickies, please remember the engine damper is not mine and does`nt go with the car but everything else does that you see.

/thankyou

Wodjno
29-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Yes mate £1600, is that a fair price??

Sold in parts you gotta be talking 10k /JawDroppi

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Sold in parts you gotta be talking 10k /JawDroppi

I know what you mean bud, but I don`t have the time or space to strip it plus I paid less than 2k for it plus I`ve had the wheels of it which are on my Legnum and they were £850 just for the wheels.

Thats the club price so it will go for more on other sites.

So grab yourself a real bargain.:thumbsup:

Wodjno
29-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I know what you mean bud, but I don`t have the time or space to strip it plus I paid less than 2k for it plus I`ve had the wheels of it which are on my Legnum and they were £850 just for the wheels.

Thats the club price so it will go for more on other sites.

So grab yourself a real bargain.:thumbsup:

Ok Dude.. Just thought i would make u aware, if already wasn't, but you are :D

If i was close by mate i would prolly take it off your hands, and part it out..

Someone is gonna get a bargain /yes

Would it not be worth lobbing it on Ebay with a start Bid of 2k and no reserve.. ?

Good luck will the sale mate ..

Wodj

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Ok Dude.. Just thought i would make u aware, if already wasn't, but you are :D

If i was close by mate i would prolly take it off your hands, and part it out..

Someone is gonna get a bargain /yes

Would it not be worth lobbing it on Ebay with a start Bid of 2k and no reserve.. ?

Good luck will the sale mate ..

Wodj

That could be an idea but I was thinking PH?

Reason there are far to many /Hmmm well we all know what I mean.

Wodjno
29-06-2010, 10:03 AM
That could be an idea but I was thinking PH?

Reason there are far to many /Hmmm well we all know what I mean.

Yup.. I know what u mean ..

But when u see something like this /help

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/skyline-r33-gtr-rolling-shell-/260624522912?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cae6e9ea0

For that price :speechles

Then does it not make u think about your pricing again /Hmmm

Atik
29-06-2010, 10:23 AM
If this came up for sale in around 6 months time, I'd probably have taken it. Cant afford it right now, but good luck with the sale Steve. At that price, it wont be around for long.

stuey
29-06-2010, 10:24 AM
If I had the space and time I'd be interested.. Unfortunately I don't...

These are awesome track day cars...

apeman69
29-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Interested in this but can't imagine how I'd get it from the IOW. Move to the mainland, take it with you then happy days :) for me!

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Interested in this but can't imagine how I'd get it from the IOW. Move to the mainland, take it with you then happy days :) for me!

:deal2: Easy Alan, car trailer and as for moving to the mainland I`d have to sell me BMX, skate board and come into the real world by about 10 years I think as this is the land that time forgot!/pan

crazyken76
29-06-2010, 12:47 PM
if i had the money i would of had that :)

VR4Kaos
29-06-2010, 02:30 PM
im in talks with my mrs on this steve

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 02:35 PM
im in talks with my mrs on this steve

OK Karl many thanks, there is one other member finding out about a car trailer so all I can say is first to give me a node gets first refusal and even better a small deposit will secure for 10 days./popcorn

VR4Kaos
29-06-2010, 04:06 PM
OK Karl many thanks, there is one other member finding out about a car trailer so all I can say is first to give me a node gets first refusal and even better a small deposit will secure for 10 days./popcorn
im ttrying to convince her that she can have my vr4 and ill have the skyline but she just not bitting steve :sick:

VR4Kaos
29-06-2010, 04:07 PM
oh and get rid of the German golf

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 04:47 PM
oh and get rid of the German golf

LOL That`s the other halfs, she loves it mate plus she gets 475miles to 45 quid mate. Great for her because she was useing £45 a week in our diesel pajero now it`s £45 every six weeks!

Just tell her it makes sense!

Kieran
29-06-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL That`s the other halfs, she loves it mate plus she gets 475miles to 45 quid mate. Great for her because she was useing £45 a week in our diesel pajero now it`s £45 every six weeks!

Just tell her it makes sense!

What series and model of Golf is that?

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 04:53 PM
What series and model of Golf is that?

1999 Mk4 1.4 16v K. It did do a little less but I gave it a service and she gets around another 20 miles to tank.

Thats filled right up the the brime and the needle sits just at the bottom of the gauge with the light on all the time.

Plus it`s only done 56,000 with full service history.

VR4Kaos
29-06-2010, 06:16 PM
i was on about my mrs golf mate

VR4Kaos
29-06-2010, 06:24 PM
oh its a 2.0 tdi 51 plate 72k any offers lol

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 06:28 PM
i was on about my mrs golf mate

:oops: /haz

apeman69
29-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Steve could you take some more photos for me. I'm in work at the mo and i'll pm you my email adress later tonight. Trying to sort some transport and storage cos I am interested in this. Karl, sod off, you don't want it! :)

Wodjno
29-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Steve could you take some more photos for me. I'm in work at the mo and i'll pm you my email adress later tonight. Trying to sort some transport and storage cos I am interested in this. Karl, sod off, you don't want it! :)
Thats 1 way to get over 300bhp /STP

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 08:34 PM

No worries Alan. I`ll have to take them later tomorrow as I`m out all day mate if that`s OK?

Like I said it will need a respray but I`ll email you full size pictures as soon as I can dude & I`ll PM you when I do.

All I will say though is first to give me a certain nod and a small deposit I`ll keep it for 10 days for who ever mate.

I think thats fair.

Thanks bud........./lol

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I`ve just taken some pickies, all I need to say is bloody hell it needs a clean, the bonnet does come up really good when clayed and polished. It does look worse than it really is :sigh: . That`s why the price reflects this.:thinking:

andyleaves
29-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Hmmm Skyline lump > Legnum body?????

Humpty's Revenge
29-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Right I will say to everyone a huge thank you for all your interests but I have now taken a deposit for the car.

So this is sold pending completion of sale.

I will keep everyone on here up to date as and when.

Many thanks for the deposit .

Speak soon.

apeman69
29-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm sure I just posted a reply in this thread, but it ain't here.

Totally gutted that this has gone. If the sale falls through then let me know please as I'll still be looking into transit costs just in case.

Glenn, I suppose I could put the £000s I would have spent on the Skyline into a turbo upgrade for the Legnum. 300BHP..... pah!

Wodjno
29-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Glenn, I suppose I could put the £000s I would have spent on the Skyline into a turbo upgrade for the Legnum. 300BHP..... pah!

Go for it Alan /yes

Then i can't wait for the next RR when your at 380bhp and looking for a 0.1 bar drop in boost thats kept you away from breaking 400bhp /Devil5

VR4Kaos
30-06-2010, 09:08 AM
/Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy /Hissy
were is he /boxing /boxing /boxing /boxing /boxing

orionn2o
16-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Shame I missed this one ! Hands were already in pocket fishing for cash!

White Lightning
16-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Bargain /JawDroppi

aboo
16-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Was it someone on here as you say"Many thanks for the deposit"?

Humpty's Revenge
31-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Was it someone on here?

Well the car left my driveway just before 11.30am today :mexicanwav

Saw it in my rear view mirror all the way to the ferry./Steeringw

So your answer is yes a club member has bought it.

If they want to make them selves known than that`s up to them!

Anyway sad to see it go & hope you got it home OK?

Rep has been added to the lucky traveller!:thumbsup:

VR4Kaos
31-07-2010, 06:22 PM
so wanted to buy this mate once my mrs gave me the go ahead i nagged her to death you had sold it aaarrrrgggggg still gutted now thought that this was a bump thread cos buyer backed out tbh was gonna grip it with both hands then tell the mrs hehehehehhe
congrats on the sale Steve oh and to the lucky b@st@rd that beat me to the post .....

apeman69
31-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Yes Karl the buyer backed out and as of 19:00 today it's in storage at an address in South Wales until I decide what I want to do with it.

Humpty's Revenge
01-08-2010, 09:23 PM
SOLD!!

apeman69
23-08-2010, 06:20 PM
What am I going to do with this Skyline? Well, I dunno really!

Before I bought this I was edging toward the view to break it and make some money to go towards what would effectively be a free turbo upgrade on the Legnum.

I've wanted a Skyline for years and years and, surprisingly, when I had the opportunity to buy it I didn't really see myself keeping it (and running two expensive to keep cars). Even when I was looking over the car I didn't really get any feelings of excitement: at this stage it was probably going to be a breaker or one to resell.

My partner (Sian), her brother (Paul) who is a self-employed mechanic, and his son (James) all tagged along on the journey to the Isle of Wight.

On first seeing the car in the flesh, whilst walking up Steve's driveway I could hear jaws dropping to the floor and whispers of 'You can't break this'.
I still wasn't convinced or decided on what to do with the car and just had a look at it and decided it was worth the money.

Driving from Steve's house to the ferry was both a pleasure and a worry. The car handles like a go-kart and it was lovely to drive a decent manual again. The worrying came once the water temperature gauge started to rise at an alarming rate. There was nowhere to stop on the IOW's narrow roads and I was left praying that the temp would reduce. It did reduce and then it went back up again! By the time we reached the ferry it was in the normal zone.
When we were looking over the car Paul noticed that the bottom radiator hose was not getting hot as quickly as it should have been. With hindsight, clearly, water was not circulating throughout the whole system.
We spent a while in the car park at the ferry port looking things over and adding some water then bleeding the system. It had been a long day by now and, with the awestruck posse I had in tow, I don't think we were all thinking straight.
I drove the car from the port, through Southampton traffic jams and the water temp never went above normal. On the faster A roads out of Southampton the temp raised to a scary reading on the gauge and I had to pull over as, no matter what load or speed was applied, the temp would not decrease at all.
We stopped at a service station and Paul removed the thermostat to check if it was working. It was. Again, down to tiredness / illogical thinking we left the thermostat out (more work for me later on).
Filled the radiator with water, bled the system of air, started it up and let it run. Normal temp. Set off down the A road towards home and within 5 minutes the temp was virtually off the gauge.
We ended up towing the car for about 100 miles. It was quite a downbeat journey for the posse after all the excitement of the day. For me it didn't really make much difference because I still had options concerning what to do with the car and I had no real feelings for it either way.

Sian loves the car and didn't stop talking about it for the first week. Paul wants to buy the car but he won't pay enough. I've told Sian she can have it but she says she wouldn't look after it (and it isn't exactly a daily work and back driver as if there is so much as a pea on the road it will hit the front bumper or intercooler pipe).

So now I have a Skyline that I have nowhere safe to park, I would have to be careful where I drive it and I haven't even looked into the possibility of insuring it. It is not yet running correctly (probably due to the generic map on the ECU more than anything), needs some time-consuming work in the lights department but on a positive note it passed the MOT without any advisories.

It makes no sense really why I am keeping this car other than for something to do in my spare time. However, I don't really have any spare time!

Last week, after replacing the blocked radiator, I removed and cleaned the idle control valve (easier than on the Legnum), replaced the spark plugs with NGK 7s (it had worn and black NGK 8s in it), checked out everything I can on the engine really and it is idling much nicer now. I also had to take the whole dash out to get at the rev counter needle that had fallen off! It took 20 minutes to get the spark plugs out and I was making it up as I went along!

Today I re-fitted the thermostat that was left out on the home journey.
I have the heater matrix to replace (which I should have done while the thermostat housing was off, doh!), oil & filter change, who knows what to do with the lights (I may just disconnect everything and start from scratch and rewire them all) and look at the speedo which has now stopped working (whole dash out again!). The air filter needs a bracket making so that it doesn't wear away from vibrating against the engine bay which I intend to get on to tomorrow.

All this sounds like an almighty moan but I'm just trying to clarify my thoughts really. I bought the car knowing it was a project and have no problem with that.

I am enjoying working on the car myself. There is little I will do, mechanically, on my Legnum as it is my pride and joy and I don't want to bugger things up. The Skyline is a different prospect altogether. It's a great learning opportunity and if something goes wrong then so what?

I just wish I had more time to spend on the Skyline because I can see it has the potential to be a bit of an animal. A part of me is wondering what the hell I am doing and why and another part is telling me to wait until it's running right and I've got the opportunity to enjoy it. I just hope I'm not 50 when I get it finished.

In summary, my basic plan is to get it running nicely and all the little niggles sorted, attempt to insure it somehow (I hope I don't have to get two policies like I have in the past), drive it around and enjoy it.
What will probably happen is that I'll get it running nicely and then want to get it running a nice big chunk of POWAH. Can you hear my wallet sobbing?

VR4Kaos
23-08-2010, 08:32 PM
u just knock me sick /Hissy well wanted this car could kill my mrs it was her winging that prevented me jumping straight in there :bigcry:
think you should give me first dibbs when you part with it mate :chugchug:

Nick Mann
23-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Heh! Nice to see you enjoying it, Al! Looking forward to reading the next update and seeing it on the road.

Wobble
23-08-2010, 11:41 PM
good on you for playing around with it yourself . hope you get to learn many new things in the process.

hope we might see it at the next rolling road.

apeman69
06-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I haven't been able to spend much time on the car during the last couple of weeks but I have:-
Removed, cleaned and reattached (more firmly) the grille and grille mesh which involved making a couple of replacement mounting brackets;
Relocated the intercooler as it was occasionally catching on the bumper from vibration at idle. I could hear this banging/knocking noise from around the bottom of the engine area and, needless to say, I was getting a bit worried;
Removed and replaced the heater matrix (bit of a pig of a job, lying on my back in the passenger footwell);
Made and fitted a mounting bracket for the Apexi cone filter as it was rattling against the wheel arch previously;
Flushed the water again and replaced with distilled water and anti-freeze in readiness for.....
A bit of a blast down a quiet road!
Took it out today in the pouring rain to get it up to temperature and see if there were any remaining overheating problems after the radiator swap.
All seems good and it is a lovely car to drive.
I thought the speedo had stopped working but when I looked at it, reading 40mph, then looked out of the side window at passing objects me thinks I was travelling quite a bit faster than 40! Needle off and calibration some time.
The heater blower doesn't work though the climate control appears to function so that's another little niggle onto my list.
The turbo seems to be working well though there is now a problem with the Apexi turbo gauge in the cabin. Should be a simple fix for this one and I've got a replacement gauge if it isn't just down to piping (which I have previously disturbed) or wiring.
The car is idling and driving noticably better with the new spark plugs and a bit of use. I can't wait to get the fuel tank empty so I can shove some V-Power in it.
The car seems to be running rich to me and could obviously do with a proper tune as I don't think it has been custom tuned since the rebuilt engine was put in.
I've also got the complete original airbox which I assembled today just to make sure it is all there and I think I'll probably take the cone filter off and put the airbox back on to see if there's a difference. I think there should be and I know a lot of Aussies keep the factory airbox which is good for 500BHP apparently. I really don't know why the Skyliners seem to want to ditch the airbox, whack on a cone or pod then immediately complain that their ECU needs remapping! Oh well, just need a panel filter for it and a testing I shall go.
I've still got loads of other little things that I want to sort out.

I now have a question for all of you that own two or more cars. How do you, economically, get them insured? In the past I have had to pay for two separate policies (one for each car) with my no claims bonus on the one policy and zero no claims on the other (ouch!).
There has got to be a better way than this. I've seen the Admiral multi-car thing on TV but that seems to be one policy for two cars owned and driven by two people. What gets me is that the no claims bonus is related to my driving history and is in no way related to the car that I drive (it has accumulated during ownership of many different vehicles so cannot be related to a vehicle as such). Also I cannot drive two cars at once!
How do you or anybody you know get around this?

kinkyafro
06-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I've seen the Admiral multi-car thing on TV but that seems to be one policy for two cars owned and driven by two people.

I've got an Admiral/Elephant multicar policy seem to remember that you can do almost any permutation of car/driver you want.

However... If you go over 3 mods they refuse to insure you and from what I know of your cars that makes them a non-starter for you.

VR4Kaos
06-09-2010, 09:08 PM
simples
sell me the skyline

apeman69
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Karl, you couldn't afford it because I'd set the price too high!
Read this statement as "You ain't avin it, pal!".... yet

apeman69
06-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info, Kinky.

VR4Kaos
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Karl, you couldn't afford it because I'd set the price too high!
Read this statement as "You ain't avin it, pal!".... yet
:furious4: you teasing biatch Alan :furious4:

apeman69
06-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Just buy another one you plank, there are plenty for sale :)

VR4Kaos
06-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Not as nice with them mods for that money there ain't bud

apeman69
07-09-2010, 04:52 AM
:) I know mate. I'm only joking with you.

apeman69
06-11-2010, 11:19 PM
For anyone who may be interested: I've done a few more bits and pieces on the car:-

A) Replaced the cone filter with the original airbox and high-flow panel filter

B) Replaced the coil packs with uprated ones

C) Checked and fixed boost gauge

D) Fixed the 'rear lights not working' problem (blown fuse in boot)

E) Fixed the 'heater not working problem' (I forgot to plug it in when I changed the heater matrix... doh!)

F) Sorted the front indicators and replaced blown sidelight bulbs

G) Re-attached the bonnet vent mesh that was in need of some TLC

H) Removed the terrible condition vinyl wrap that was covering the whole dashboard.
This is what it was like before: peeling, scratched (and this is one of the better bits). Top half is with vinyl and bottom half is without.

This is how it is now

I) Removed the terrible condition paint (at least I think it was once some sort of paint) that was completely covering the driver's door switch panel and re-fitted it. Steve-vr4-ish can vouch for how bad this was. Now it looks just like new!

J) Mounted indicators in the front bumper.
Before I shoved them in the bumper

Once they'd been mounted

K) Attached mesh to all the open spaces of the front bumper

L) Plastic-welded a serious crack in the dashboard that was threatening to snap the panel in two. The weld is on the back and, luckily, I caught it early enough for the front to not be immediately noticable.

M) Plastic-welded one of the dashboard mounting clips that snapped off on removal

N) Bolted the ECU back in place as it was dangling and resting on the footwell carpet (I can see why the previous owner didn't bother... probably gave up in frustration!)

O) Finally got the ignition shroud to fit correctly by adding a few (missing) screws and a bit of friendly pursuasion

P) Re-attached the speedo needle in the correct place. I thought I'd do this by connecting the laptop to the data port and using the speed off this as a guide to where to put the needle on. With the car on the ramp the speed from the laptop was, clearly, garbage. I disconnected the KPH/MPH converter behind the clocks so the car was speed limited and speed was in KMH.
How old must this thing be? F.E.S.?

Drove it suspended in the air again and the speed reading looks correct (as you'd expect). This means that the KPH/MPH converter is screwing up the speed signal fed back to the ECU from the speedo head and, as the converter fitted is a crappy 4 wire one I'm not surprised. With the car having Nissan's HICAS rear wheel steering assistance system, which is road speed dependant, I'll have to consider fitting a better 5 wire converter or perhaps removing the HICAS system altogether. That's for another day though!
After re-attaching the KPH/MPH converter the road speed seems accurate with the laptop and my perception of speed so I reckon (without further scientific testing) that job's a good 'un.

That's about it I think.
I've still got to do something with the rust on the rear arches and cosmetic work but the car is now in a suitable state to drive around and enjoy.... once I tax and insure it!
It's in need of a custom remap as the 'Stage 1' ECU was an off-the-shelf unit and was fitted before the rebuilt engine was put in so there is no way it will be running at it's best. It is now, however, in much better shape than when I first drove it across the Isle of Wight... and I still haven't put any V-Power in it... yet!

Here's a couple of pics I took today after I finished messing with the speedo and re-fitting the dashboard. It doesn't look too bad on the pics although it is EXTREMELY dusty.
Sorry if this is upsetting for you Karl :)

aboo
07-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Sounds like your getting there/yes

apeman69
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes. I've been holding off on buying a beefy turbo, nice wheels and all sorts of other stuff until I get some off-road parking sorted. Asked for quotes for finishing off a driveway at our second home but it seems that nobody around here wants to work these days. That's what's putting me off insuring it at the moment: I'd have to make sure it was returned to the workshop before they close every day.

apeman69
15-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Wow, it's nearly a year since I bought this car! Time for another MOT soon.
I still haven't taxed or insured it though it could be driven on the roads today.
I've just been tidying stuff up and changing a few bits here and there since I last updated this and I still don't know where I'm going to safely park it once I've bitten the bullet, took a chunk out of my wallet and forked out for the insurance.

Anyway, here's an update on what I've been up to since November: when I've not been in Egypt enjoying myself :)

The front bumper and the Blitz intercooler have both been sold and replaced by more functional and, to me at least, aesthetically pleasing alternatives.

What used to look like this...

now looks like this

I sold the Jun bumper and bought a standard one with the proceeds :)
However it needed a bit of trimming on the top so that the GTR grille would overlap it and thus the bumper would fit on. I had to cut this section out then plastic weld the top surface back into the hole I'd made to, effectively, cut a trough out of the top centre of the bumper

This Blitz monstrosity, which sat about 2 inches off the tarmac...

made way for this more practical Japspeed unit. The intercooler took quite a while to do as I had to cut a hole in the inner wing, rust proof it etc and getting all the new pipework and joiners to line up was a bit of a ballache. I also had to remove the standard airbox and put the pod filter back on as the snorkel for the airbox won't fit with the new IC piping... grrrrr!

The rusty rear arches have still to be finished off though I have had a go at removing and treating the rust in readiness for the fitment of FRP 400R style overfenders. The flash from the camera makes the arches look worse than they did in reality.

A test fitment of the 400R overfenders would indicate that, with a bit of blending in and after spraying, they might not look too bad

I've done a few other bits such as tightening the loose throttle cable and front strut brace, connecting the boost solenoid back up as it appears someone in the past had an EBC connected and just whipped it out in a rush, fabricated and fitted a basic heat shield for the air filter, rewired the front indicators as there were non-standard units in the Jun bumper, cleaned up and greased the brakes, fitted stainless brake lines front and back, replaced brake fluid with ATE Super Blue.

Just about the last thing I did was fit the wheels that I bought off vr4drifta (Amesh). They're Rays Gram lights 57C, I believe, and they fit quite nicely indeed :) although the nearly new Triangle brand tyres don't inspire much confidence in driving a 300HP RWD car in all weather conditions. The difference in centre bore between the Rays and the standard wheels was only around 2mm so, happy days!
These are the crappy standard wheels that Steve sold the car with (cheapskate)

These are what's on it now. I've got to stop taking photos in a dimly lit garage using a poxy phone

Still to do:-
- Oil & filter change
- Try to find out exactly what has been changed, from standard spec, in the Abbey Motorsport upgrade ECU it has
- Decide on what boost control route to take: MBC, EBC, standard setup
- Cold air feed from the bumper to a nicely placed hole left from taking out the original intercooler
- Get a stereo and install it along with the sub and amp that are sitting in my living room
- Sort the rusty arches out completely (might end up chopping out some 'metal') and fitting the overfenders, including fronts perhaps
- Stick on some carbon 'GT' wing badges I've got hanging around
- Get some centre caps for the Rays wheels
- Fit aerocatches to the CF bonnet and get the whole bonnet sprayed black
- Tidy up the paintwork as required
- Check out the HICAS system and, at least, replace a perished earth strap to it
- Geometry check and adjustment as required
- Undersealing

Once all these are done I'll be more than happy that it's up to scratch and then the modding can commence /woot2

Getting there slowly and, as I'm sure most will appreciate, it's difficult with everyday commitments and I'm certainly no grease monkey!

nettielikescars
20-06-2011, 12:36 AM
If you need any bits for the skyline give Serious Performance Autos a ring on 01323 760076, Really helpful bloke there called Andy, what he dont know about Skylines aint worth knowing.

apeman69
30-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Ha ha... the penny's just dropped!

Sent from my Huge Brain using MyFingers :)

nettielikescars
30-06-2011, 09:13 PM
ha ha... The penny's just dropped!

Sent from my huge brain using myfingers :)

lol!