PDA

View Full Version : MMCS to aftermarket Head Unit

allzilamon
30-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Hey guys,
I've picked up my Legnum the other day and realised that it come with the MMCS system. Too bad it is in Japanese.
So, I'm thinking of changing it to an aftermarket double din unit.
What is involved?
Would all the functions that were in the MMCS compatible with other units ie. Air con control?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Gly
30-06-2010, 06:30 AM
no,

you would either need to take the mmc system out and replace it with the normal ac system,

or just use a single din unit in place of the factory tape player,
but the mmc unit will have no control over it like it does the factory tape/radio

you can get a english conversion disk for the mmc, but the tv will still not function,(the whole ntsc/pal thing)

allzilamon
30-06-2010, 06:56 AM
where can i get the english translation CD
ive searched all over the net for it

Gly
30-06-2010, 07:20 AM
no idea, some one on here may have one they can copy for you,

i beleive it may be specific to prefacelift/facelift aswell as the screen size changed, so you need to say which you have

Ryan
30-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I think Jeremy (CANDEE) might still have one?

allzilamon
30-06-2010, 10:12 AM
is it a hard process to change the MMCS system to the normal AC system?
I'm guessing ill need both the normal system and its surroundings.
And would all the functions still work?

wipash
29-07-2010, 12:19 AM
I've got an English conversion disk. I'll find some way of getting it to you tonight. Plz hold =P

Edit: Instead of paying me for it, how about you help the club and sign up, and i'll get it to you for free?

GalantOnly
29-07-2010, 12:56 AM
I've got an English conversion disk. I'll find some way of getting it to you tonight. Plz hold =P

Edit: Instead of paying me for it, how about you help the club and sign up, and i'll get it to you for free?

What a patriot! He need a rep for that.../notworthy

Zipperdydoda
09-04-2011, 11:14 PM

I am signing up even as we speak.....to help the club if nothin else.....!