PDA

View Full Version : any one used or using this EBC

VR4Kaos
30-06-2010, 09:20 AM
thinking of buying this has any one got any experiance with it ? is it good or is it poo as i aint a clue
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Greddy-Profec-Electronic-Boost-Controller-/190410721633?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c555d0961

Atik
30-06-2010, 10:06 AM
If it does what it says, it will be fine Karl. Not sure how many here have the Profec A Spec that you listed, but I know many will have the Profec B Spec.

Seems a decent price for it as it stands. I'd say go for it, but if you can spare a few extra ££s then maybe look for the B spec version as you will probably find people know these better and can help/advise you if you have problems.

Also, its an EBC that you linked to; Electronic Boost Controller :p

Turbo_Steve
30-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I've used one of these - it has to "learn" your boost curve, which can be a bit arduous. Once it gets the idea, though, it's pretty good. The OverTake boost can be useful if you haven't got a fuel cut setup as you can run things a bit too hot for a few seconds.
As I doubt you will have removed fuel cut (unless you're buying a stand alone ECU to go with it), just set it up for max boost and use your right foot :D

Nutter_John
30-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Hmm so having one of our ecu's doesn't remove fuel cut ???? :D

Turbo_Steve
30-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, I know it can, but there isn't any benefit, is there? I didn't think you could boost past the delivery of the injectors, ergo you couldn't choose to run more boost than you were able to fuel for, deliberately going hot and lean for a brief period of silly bhp.