PDA

View Full Version : Some News i wish to Share with the Club

VR4WGN
01-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Well i have not really been active on the club for some time lately so i thought i would let evryone know that Im getting Married toward the end of the year.

i will be married in the United Kingdom, im going over to get my Girl and marry her and spend some time with her family and then come back to New Zealand afterward to have a second ceremony for in New Zealand start our life together..

im hoping to spend some time there (2months maby) and also hoping to be able to meet as much of the crew as possible.

we have alot to sort through and paperwork,visas and all that sort of stuff to work through so if anyone has any extra info or can in any way assist in the helping of sorting all this(wether there ios any info you may have that could help us acheive this)please let me know.

the SAD thing is that i made a comitment to myself that should we get married i would sacrafice some posessions to help aid the funding behind this,and sadly the Mivec Legnum is on the chopping block, and possibly BOTH the Full Recaro Interiors.
im not too happy but its only a material item and you cant put a price on love.

so my goal now is to raise close to $15k in 3-4 months,i have decided i might quit my job at Redfox and continue my buisness fulltime as i make much more in this than there, i will also look at travelling and doing contract welding or fibreglassing in this time too.

i need to be financially backed up for while im in the UK so i am going to be working 24/7 and yes brad this means your beast will be starting to be built up this weekend so i can cross this off the Important to do list..

Being married and having children is something iv wanted so much in life since my Cancer and now that this is happened im so excited,all iwant is my own lil gremlins to enjoy life with ,life is too short to worry bout work all the time so i want to relax and enjoy it with my partner and hopefully in the near future our children..

secondly if any of the UK guys wish to come to the wedding please do so.. as it stands i DONT have a Best man for the UK Ceremony but have 1 for the NZ ceremony.so i was thinking maby i could make mone yoff this and put an auction up for my best man lol.. joking.......
i dont have anymore friends left in the uK as theyv all travelled back to their countries back in 04.

iv lef tthe entire planning upto my beautifull Girl but wish i could be there to do it with her.. so as far as venues etc go im not sure where or what.... i think we will be getting married in or around Sheffield/Aston somewhere...

ok so iv said my stint and now i need to get A into G thanx for your time guys and keep watching for some sales and bargains.. im going to be producing a hell of alot of....

miller
01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
£1.50 for Best Man role!!

only kiddin!! We will have a meet up around Sheffield area to say hello i think! Let us know when you land etc!

Best of luck for the future and with the wedding!

Mike

Wodjno
01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Congratulations Dude.. /yes

Look forward to meeting you when ur over if we get the chance..

Wodj

AlanDITD
01-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I know the club loves to help each other out in times of need, but CVR4 best man, i have officially seen it all.

When and how did you meet this girl mate?

scott.mohekey
01-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Congratulations Q! This is great news for you.

bradc
01-07-2010, 11:29 PM
As I said yesterday, congrats!

You'll have to put up some pics and prices on the stuff you want to sell

elnevio
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Great news, Q! Congratulations to you both. :thumbsup:

DEFINITELY have to meet up when you're over. I work in Sheffield. Aston is only about 10/15 minutes away from me! Let me know if you need a party planner, LOL!

SGHOM
01-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Aston hall would be very nice for a reception ..... Not sure on getting married there though!

giblet
01-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Congratulations! As for getting married in Sheffield, PAH! Come down to Leeds, its much classier :p

VR4WGN
02-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanx guys
um yea i kinda do want a CVR4 Best man lol... woulda been cool aswell to get a convoy of VR4's too,but this could be arranged later date.. um yes im stoked,didnt think id ever find the right 1... we met over here in NZ toward the beginning of the year through a mate of mine,and we have spent evry minute together as best friends and just love ea company... she treats me right and i like that ,we are both very happy,she is extatic tho....im hoping this all comes together well and turns out to be an unforgettable day for her so lets try make this happen BIG with the club please...... like a surprise to her,um but yea as for bEST MAN im stuck for 1.....and YES we WILL Definatly have to make sure i meet all if not most of you guys over there....
any input or ideas please lemme know
~Q~

lancerevo3
02-07-2010, 12:41 AM
congrats Q. any chance you could carry a set of recaros over with you to save on postage hehehe.
hope you have agreat day

mark

sodge
02-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Congratulations Q! :)

ianturbo
02-07-2010, 01:05 AM
All the best mate , and if on your travels to uk you stumble across sunny Accrington i will gladly meet up !!:beerchug: :beerchug:
ian

VR4WGN
02-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Thank u so much guys it is a bit of a priority to meet up with the brittish crew really as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity .. Btw is there anywhere that hires out vr4 wagons heheh.
If and when I come I'm more than happy to bring some items for you guys within weight reasonings tho but by all means let's meet up for sure

VR4WGN
02-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Thank u so much guys it is a bit of a priority to meet up with the brittish crew really as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity .. Btw is there anywhere that hires out vr4 wagons heheh.
If and when I come I'm more than happy to bring some items for you guys within weight reasonings tho but by all means let's meet up for sure

Atik
02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Congrats Q. Best of luck with the wedding and I am sure the Club members will rally round you and help where possible. A CVR4 wedding meet is one that will most definitely be well attended :p

Jane
02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Wow - congratulations :bananadan

Gly
02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
congrats to the two off you,

TAR
02-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Thats great news, congratulations to both of you.

I'm sure we can pull off some kind of meeting when you are over, maybe a few if you intend to see the sights before you return.

:happy:

mike74
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
congrats dude, wish you both the very best for the future :)
(ps-count yourself lucky you're not getting involved with the wedding planning. there's only so many cakes & fabric swatches you can look at before it all blurs into one) :rolleyes4

Pastor of Muppets
02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
just want to add my congrats too and if theres anyhting you need all you have to do is ask
and if you fancy a tour of the cotswolds while your here just say the word!!!

Pugme
02-07-2010, 09:46 PM
well im new round here, and dont really know anyone (yet)

but congrats all the same bud. good luck with everything :D

jb2815
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Congrats mate hope it's a good one.

Didn't know you worked at Redfox? I spent a few weeks there at the end of 08 through work. The owner Alan seemed like a good dude.

Adie
03-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Congratulations to both of you!

VR4WGN
03-07-2010, 09:20 AM
thank you so much guys really aprecite all th kind words,im gettting somewhat excited about comming over,i hope i grow the funds pretty quicksmart and that my police clearance comes back clean.

im very very keen to meet all of the UK Crowd,so im hoping we can arrange a club meet when im here,ofcourse dates is not known as i am waiting on the governments unfortunatly...
but id love a big meetup

aboo
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Congrats Q & all the best for the future. I'll do my best to meet up with you when you come over.

How do you fancy a Scots man in a kilt as your best man:) ?

And you could have a white VR4 as your wedding car.

VR4WGN
03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Congrats Q & all the best for the future. I'll do my best to meet up with you when you come over.

How do you fancy a Scots man in a kilt as your best man:) ?

And you could have a white VR4 as your wedding car.

hmmmm the "Best Man" bid grew form 1 Pound Fifty to a kilted scottsman with a white legnum,WOW...... /Poms i really dont know who is going to be my Best Man,i only know all you UK Boys there and not even in person lol.. but i think that its gonna be 1 of you club boys,:curtain:

if i can id like to fill the wedding up with Gen-8 Cars TBH,Katy said she wont mind,as we are on a somewhat tight arse budget that elimenates the use of an opel astra or a fiat punto(yea right),but yes i definatly want Her to turn up in a VR4 most definatly

BillHardy
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats Q,if you want,my wife has about 30 wedding dresses left over from her business mostly older style though and if your lady would like one it will be free,but we are in Scotland i'm afraid,and she also does wedding cakes,flowers etc

HPRULZ
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
congratulations dont think a wedding cavalcade of vr4's has been done yet.

Kev

Nutter_John
03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm affraid it has been done Kevin , Kieran had one when he and Alex got married

SGHOM
03-07-2010, 10:06 PM
& an R 32 gatecrashed the party !

VR4WGN
03-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Congrats Q,if you want,my wife has about 30 wedding dresses left over from her business mostly older style though and if your lady would like one it will be free,but we are in Scotland i'm afraid,and she also does wedding cakes,flowers etc

thank you so so much man,it means alot to me really it does, currently the dress is being made(in China of all places) but im not allowd to see it,should it fail for some unknown reason then i will contact you.
Cakes could discuss thsi with you and flowers maby too,ATM im looking for the cheapest prices as mentioned we are on a tight az budget.....,sux i know but non the less it has to be a day she will never forget.

RE the Legnums Kieran you lucky Bstard lol... but still id like to do it, how far apart does the CVR4 Community space apart in the UK??

Nutter_John
03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
where you getting done Q ?

SGHOM
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8600&highlight=Wedding

VR4WGN
04-07-2010, 01:05 AM
where you getting done Q ?

do you mean where are we getting married? AFAIK its going to be the reception at the Aston Chruch i think then the Local Hall in Aston is the Venue for the rest IE private dinner and then the party after...

but dont forget i have the Stag do b4 that

BillHardy
04-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi again Q,let me know what sort of cake/flowers etc your looking for and my wife can let you know a price,can send pics of her past cakes flower arrangements to see

Nutter_John
04-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Aston Church is in which area (thers a few Astons in the UK ) , that way you can see how many members live near there and can provide a nice vr4 convoy

TAR
04-07-2010, 11:12 PM
C'mon John, you really should read the whole thread!!

Its somewhere near Sheffield.

:happy:

Nutter_John
04-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Nah reading the whole thread would be toooooo easy :D

VR4WGN
05-07-2010, 09:41 AM
yea john read lol.. yea near sheffield it tis ma man...

VR4WGN
05-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi again Q,let me know what sort of cake/flowers etc your looking for and my wife can let you know a price,can send pics of her past cakes flower arrangements to see

i might ask for some pics etc ,might be worthwile

VR4WGN
21-07-2010, 04:45 AM
hey guys well update so far!!!

from what we have discussed the wedding is going to be held at the Consort Hotel www.consorthotel.com

basically 2k(pounds) pays for everything including complimentary night stay at the Banquet suite for the couple..

dont know much bout this al but seems good to me.:stars:
um all we need to do is supply the cake,and decorations,flowers etc and theyll do the rest

we are looking at the 2nd October or the week after but aiming for this..

Again it cannot be confirmed as its entirely upto my Passport arrival and visa permits etc as i will be travelling on a South African Passport(border stop all the time). so here to hoping that all goes well and we recieve everything in not too distant futures..

The Wedding Dress and shoes have arrived but i am not allowed to see it aparantly,so guys winning picture gets a VR4...... lol
bet she will look absolutley stunning as she does even when she wakes up...(anyone got a grater for tat cheese) lol..

um theres 3 Brides maids so ill be looking for 3 Brooms men and 3 Grooms men,3 to sweep away the drools of the grooms men coppin a dribble...(only joking..

the wedding and the after party will be pretty much open to you ALL some will be for dinner but cant afford to do all im sorry,so basically the grooms Men will get in and a few friends in UK..

its still pretty hard times for me with the deadline aproaching,4 almost 5 legnums to sell and no passport and work slowing down,so the pressure is on for me to move mountains...

i was thinking that once im in the UK should anyone need anything done that they wish soemone else to do ,by al means pleeeeees let me know ill be keen to do some modding while over there..

i do wish to take back a few GB items you guys get there but ill be fighting my WIFE for MY LUGGAGE SPACE

Ryan
21-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Why on earth are you travelling on a SA'n passport instead of a NZ one??? Surely you must be a citizen by now?

hayase
21-07-2010, 05:25 AM
u just need to take it easy

indeed it put much stress on u due to u need fast-selling for big day

don't worry bout the dinner, I'm sure we'll be much more satisfied if you post a pic of your wedding day (free fuel for the convoy will be nice :rabbit: )

I just don't get it why u're not allowed to see your dress and shoes

mattnz
21-07-2010, 05:58 AM
I just don't get it why u're not allowed to see your dress and shoes

It's considered bad luck in the West :)

Nube
21-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Congratulations mate,mines in august. It's obviously the year for it!

VR4WGN
21-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Why on earth are you travelling on a SA'n passport instead of a NZ one??? Surely you must be a citizen by now?

itll take too long for it to arrive plus my convictions member...but they said i can have it tho..

Nube
21-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Forgot to say, will be glad to fire up for the convoy if you go for it mate.

VR4WGN
21-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Forgot to say, will be glad to fire up for the convoy if you go for it mate.

ill be hoping for heaps of legnums...

but Katy will be staying at the place overnight so rhere wont be an arrival car unfortunatly,but the convoy is still a goer

VR4WGN
29-07-2010, 08:33 AM
:sad3: well here it is

We were all set then Bang!!!!

i got a 6 month Contract starting 8 August 2010 running through till after X-Mas with the possibility of more and apay rate starting @ $20p/h PAYE with TracGrip.
i built their 108 Service truck decks and sides for them bACK IN 2005/6 AND NOW IM GOING TO BE WORKING FOR THEM ,pretty scary but exciting too.
but the problem now is that i cannot take more thn 2 weeks off for my Wedding and i have to be in UK for minimum of 26 days before we can marry.

so this leaves evrything screwed up now and im sad, Katy Cried so much i didnt know she could be this upset.

so now decided to bring her back to NZ in the 1st week of September and then she is atleast back with me and happy and then we shall plan once we know what happens with work,but the way her parents are talking is that we should marry in NZ if its easier then go to the UK on a holiday early next year or something.

personally im so bummed but then you DO need a job to live and to offer your partner security correct? we know how rare jobs are and we need to accept almost whatever you get offered. im just fortunate this company is a very good company

taupodrifta
29-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I feel for you both bro. She must be devistated but you are correct in saying jobs are few and far beyond and you gotta take every opportunity that comes your way especially to give you and your wife a good life. Ime sure a wedding in NZ cant be that bad and then as you say can holiday over there later when your contract has ended. Hope you get it all sorted bro. And ime sure all the boys will rally together so you can still have a legnum convoy for the wedding lol

elnevio
29-07-2010, 08:56 AM
You certainly need to do what's right, even if it's hard to do so. Keep positive! /grouphug

VR4WGN
31-07-2010, 08:24 PM
thanx man..
seems that we have the money for the plane ticket back now BUT half is with Katy and the other half here with me..
whats the best options in getting the ticket booked the fastest so we dont lose it??

her family has gotten so weird now she wants to come back and are not helping her in any way,its sad to see how your own family can do this to you..
theyv even told her to find her own way to the airport too..
im so upset i dont know what to do.. she is merly a shy girl and is scared already of travelling but now having to try get to the airport makes the stress on her worse..

KHK
01-08-2010, 05:57 AM
withdrawn

VR4WGN
01-08-2010, 06:18 AM
what 's the point going to UK? solely for wedding ceremony?
traditional answer should be yes
but
any other options?

what's 1st priority?

are you on the same wavelength?/drinkswine

bluemooney
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
hi mate

right i did it the other way uk to oz

few little tips

if you book a one way NZ to here then when you are married book a ticket back to NZ for both of you you both will get 10kg extra luggage just tell them that you are emagrating back to NZ have marrage cert to hand :thumbsup: , found singapore air lines the best for this .

also book a not so popular flight which is mostly empty and you can usallly get a few more kg for free as well.
managed 18kg over limit once .

bear in mind i did this every time i came back here till i got most of my stuff to oz.

not sure how smart you are with money trading but by changing to other currency then ending up with the one you want you can make money.

my mate did it for me as he works in "the city" shop around for rates

only went to NZ for 3 weeks hols but if it is the same as oz you can haggle over the exchange rate, here it is set so just be aware of that
check rate in NZ and here for pounds sterling you my get a better rate in NZ as the exchanges don't have to pay to get the sterling.

every time i changed money in oz i got scottish notes , if you fly into london first job find a bank and change them they are fine to tender but some shops get funny cause it says bank of scotland on mainly in london and the airports.

if you need help with shipping ect feel free to pm me i shiiped a car both ways and a house worth of furniture.

good luck hope you are both very happy

gareth