PDA

View Full Version : internet

Wodjno
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Need help with WiFi connection via my Mobile. It's HTC HD2 and has been an awesome phone for the internet, until today :(
I can't connect thru my WiFi at home, it keeps asking for the network key. It never did this before except on initial setup of course. Normally when i'm in range of the router the phone connects automatically. But when I put the network key in It says it's not correct ? but I know it is. My Lappy and desktop are still working normally.
Anyone any ideas ?

Wodj

martin_y
04-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Open a text editor or email, and now type your password so you can read what what you've typed. Its easy to THINK the password is correct on a mobile device, but you may need to be pressing alt or shift or or a symbol key or something for some of the characters.

VR4Kaos
04-07-2010, 07:38 AM
is it case sencative mate ?

andyleaves
04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Karl, yep the wep wifi key's are case sensitive..
As martin says use a text editor you might even be able to copy in...
My blackberry does some strange stuff when trying to use password's etc.,

VR4Kaos
04-07-2010, 08:02 AM
/duh should of bought an Iphone lol /Wave :d

andyleaves
04-07-2010, 08:28 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Think about it they have only been out what about two years? we are now on what version 3 or 4. You need to ask yourself why have they had to make so many changes?
Apple are going the same ways as microsnot sell it first and fast fix it later...

richy rich
04-07-2010, 08:56 AM
i'm having the same kind of problem but my blackberry is telling me i dont have a ip address wtf i can use the internet on the phone without using wifi.
I can also connect to my wifi with both laptops.

Pugme
04-07-2010, 09:03 AM
www.xda-developers.com

you will find all your answers here, i have a touch HD running custom rom, and imo it wipes the floor with the i phone.