PDA

View Full Version : My new purchase again, not a vr4 but a..............

chrisvr4
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Mg Zt190+ lol

I owned one of these about 2.5 years ago and loved it so today i went out and got another one.

58k, full service history, im the 2nd owner, Bodywork paint is all original and in excellent condition for its age, alloys could do with a refurb but thats me being fussy.

Not everyones cup of tea but i like them ! :D

Its hasn't got the power of a vr4 but it turns heads like one :)

/rally

andyleaves
03-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice but would have better in Racing Green..
My humble opinion.

VR4Kaos
03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Mg Zt190+ lol

Not everyones cup of tea but i like them ! :D

/rally
im a coffee kinda guy :upsidedow :laugh:

giblet
03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Congrats. Drove my brothers cdti 75 which had been kitted up to look like a zt a few times. Nice cars

rich77
06-07-2010, 07:52 PM
nice car mate i love those , your old jags still going strong mate cheers

chrisvr4
06-07-2010, 09:23 PM
nice car mate i love those , your old jags still going strong mate cheers

Cheers mate and im glad your enjoying the jag :)

If your ever up this way please feel free to drop in

chris

Ryan
06-07-2010, 09:40 PM
I quite like it Chris - although I must agree with the sentiments expressed by someone earlier in the thread about BRG perhaps being a more suitable colour :)

Turbo_Steve
06-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Tell you what, those MGs are more fun-per-mile than the VR4. I've had 3 now, and you just feel like a hooligan :)

And now, before someone tries to lynch me, I must also stress that the VR4 is more powerful, much grippier (and so faster through the corners in the wet) and is nicer to drive on a long journey.

miller
06-07-2010, 10:56 PM
i cant see how it turns heads like the VR4 :seeking: :seeking:

MarkSanne
07-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Like it! The misses spotted a few of these 'in the wild' when we were in the UK a couple of weeks ago and indeed: head turner!

pezza
07-07-2010, 08:24 AM
LIke it lots..I think they look great. Prefer that version to the later facelift ones... I was looking at a ZTT wagon, not the 4.6 RWD mustang engined one, the 135 cdti. /yes

The interior looks very good too.

The 2.5v6 is great sounding engine..

crazyken76
22-07-2010, 01:40 PM
i agree mt , i had a mgf in silver and spent about 4k on mods on it and still my vr4 still turns more heads than that ever done sorry but mgs are to common and that model looks like a grandad car :)
just to add this is the only one i like

AlanDITD
22-07-2010, 01:43 PM

and why wouldnt it?

Nice looking car mate low millage to. can you still get bits for them ok?

miller
22-07-2010, 02:49 PM
and why wouldnt it?

[sigh]

So in your world the VR4 is as common as an MG?

Think you need to get out more, maybe extend your camping trip south for a couple of years :uhoh: :elvis: :p

AlanDITD
22-07-2010, 03:41 PM
[sigh]

So in your world the VR4 is as common as an MG?

Think you need to get out more, maybe extend your camping trip south for a couple of years :uhoh: :elvis: :p

common where did i mention common?

In fact unless your looking at the VR4 from the front its a pretty average looking car in standard form. Its certainley no head turner. Modified they can look fantastic of course but it would be hard to distinguish a Vr4 from a volvo for most people!

Atik
22-07-2010, 03:56 PM
it would be hard to distinguish a Vr4 from a volvo for most people!
I would disagree with that. The standard Galant probably fits into that comment, but a VR4 with its aggressive body styling, is definitely a head turner. And in comparison to the MG (which in its own right is a head turner), the VR4 (in my opinion anyway) is more of a head turner and looks nothing like a V70 :p

Turbo_Steve
22-07-2010, 05:17 PM
I disagree that most people would be able to tell it apart from a volvo, but most people would struggle to tell a Vr4 apart from a V6 sport. They'd be more inclined to look it one than a GLS, but I doubt they would be able to tell you why.

The MGs definitely garner a few looks, though. I've had a couple now, and people are always unsure quite what it is / whether it's fast or not.

bradc
22-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Especially PFL VR-4's. I'm not trying to turn this into a PFL vs FL argument, but the stick on wheel arches, rear wing and different tail lights make an FL VR-4 look quite different to any other 8G, especially in the UK where you don't see FL tail lights on anything else.

chrisvr4
22-07-2010, 08:19 PM
If we all liked the same thing the world would be a rather boring place.

I like the looks of the zs but as for the nasty, cheap interior plastics put me off the car.

Tbh id much prefer the driving position in the mg than the vr4, the seats hold you in place which i found my old vr4 didn't and on a long run i.e to wales the mg was a better car, much more comfortable, even when putting your foot down i was still getting 30 - 35 mpg.

I don't regret selling the vr4, i had the pleasure of owning one for 8 months and i basically got bored lol

After the Mg i think a Stagea will be my next car, if i find one that looks a bit different to any other ;)

i agree mt , i had a mgf in silver and spent about 4k on mods on it and still my vr4 still turns more heads than that ever done sorry but mgs are to common and that model looks like a grandad car :)
just to add this is the only one i like

chrisvr4
22-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Cheers dude.

Yep parts are easy to get hold of :)

I have just had all the cambelt's changed and the spark plugs for £265 and the mechanic who carried out the work was so impressed to the design of the engine, the way it had been put together as things were so easy to get to etc etc he said it was the easiest 2.5 engine he had worked on ! :)

and why wouldnt it?

Nice looking car mate low millage to. can you still get bits for them ok?

Turbo_Steve
22-07-2010, 10:26 PM
I can't believe how cheap MGparts are, and how easily it all comes apart and goes back together.

where you don't see FL tail lights on anything else. :) You mean apart from a Legacy GTB wagon? :D :D

(Just kidding, btw).