PDA

View Full Version : Output Shaft

VR4WGN
03-07-2010, 10:46 PM
can anyone please help me with the dims for the output shaft?? i was given an evo 1 to replace my incomplete manual conversion kit but it seems to me its the same length as the auto shaft on the vr4,i cnt remember if the manual 1 is / was shorter than the auto by atleast 5-10mm,can someone confirm for me please,otherwise i will try use an auto 1 but am just a bit concerned bout this.

i am ready to install the engine into the next vr4 im selling and dont want to put it all in and use an auto shaft if itll mean leaking fluid...
Cheers
~Q~

Nutter_John
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
manual one is shorter , should be using a evo 4-6 shaft as i'm not sure an evo 1 is same

bradc
04-07-2010, 05:35 AM
I think he means he was using an evo shaft, not an evo 1 shaft

psbarham
04-07-2010, 08:20 AM
the manual ones are 5mm shorter and yes an evo 4/5/6 fits and works perfectly

VR4WGN
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
thank you guys so so much,it seems i was supplied an auto VR4 one then,grrrrrr,lucky i idnt bother installing the engine today then but rather took the day off to rrst my weiry old bones...

Nick Mann
06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Are we talking about the lay shaft for the front passenger side drive shaft here? I'm not sure I'd describe it as an output shaft if so.... Not trying to picky, just trying to clear up potential confusion.

VR4WGN
07-07-2010, 08:33 PM
ok so ts called a Lay Shaft?? i thought it easier to describe s a Output shaft as it connects the box and the diff together nd gives drive correct?

scott.mohekey
07-07-2010, 10:13 PM
It connects the front diff inside the transfer case with the front left axle. If you look closely, you'll see it just runs right through the gear box. The parts that connect the box and the transfer case together are the two short splined shafts that the lay/center shaft runs through. These two shafts are outputs directly from the center diff inside the gearbox. One for the front wheels, the other for the back wheels.