PDA

View Full Version : Playing tag with a 4X4!

Fully
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
My poor Galoon came of second best against a Land Rover Discovery 2010.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5430/dsc00044sy.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7131/dsc00043s.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/778/dsc00042sf.jpg

$3750.00 to repair the bloody thing!

wintertidenz
05-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Guess you bumped into them?

Johny
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
oh noes!

miller
05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Ouch....

That reg still makes me chuckle!!

Fully
05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
No.
I was clearly not at fault. I was not the one coming through the intersection on a give way. How ever I was speeding while being on the wrong side of the road and had being drinking the night before he claims.

My version was like this:
I was going down Papanui Road going to do a right hand turn into Heaton St.
There was a queue of traffic at the set of lights. So I pulled out into the flush medium strip to make my right hand turn.

A few meters I notice the 4X4 stick his nose into the medium strip.
I hit the brakes and stop about 20-30 cm in front of him. Re-leaved that it was a near miss :D
Just as I was about to hit the horn (this dude was looking over his left shoulder)
when my bonnet was coming towards me. (I flattened it out a little to open it)

I ask him to give me his details, refused to and said some **** about not claiming liability. Had an argument I did tell him do you know your give way rules :D
Anyway this clown was being an arse, So I called the cops. Took his car details.
Waited like 40 minutes. Decided to take the car home. Picked up my partners car and drove to work. I made a visit to Mr Plod to report it.

This were it gets interesting. I was told they were looking for me as I was a drunk boy racer who left the scene. Funny that when I had rung them about an hour before hand. Dident take long to sort it out that I was not drunk and a boy racer.

But he is still being a tosser about it. He even rang me and abused me.

I thought if you can live in a flash area of town, take your kids to private school
Drive a 2010 Land Rover that this would be small change.
Clearly shows you that Lets keep up with Mr & Mrs Jones while being up to your eye balls debt.

taylor
05-07-2010, 01:44 PM
No.
I was clearly not at fault. I was not the one coming through the intersection on a give way. How ever I was speeding while being on the wrong side of the road and had being drinking the night before he claims.

My version was like this:
I was going down Papanui Road going to do a right hand turn into Heaton St.
There was a queue of traffic at the set of lights. So I pulled out into the flush medium strip to make my right hand turn.

A few meters I notice the 4X4 stick his nose into the medium strip.
I hit the brakes and stop about 20-30 cm in front of him. Re-leaved that it was a near miss :D
Just as I was about to hit the horn (this dude was looking over his left shoulder)
when my bonnet was coming towards me. (I flattened it out a little to open it)

I ask him to give me his details, refused to and said some **** about not claiming liability. Had an argument I did tell him do you know your give way rules :D
Anyway this clown was being an arse, So I called the cops. Took his car details.
Waited like 40 minutes. Decided to take the car home. Picked up my partners car and drove to work. I made a visit to Mr Plod to report it.

This were it gets interesting. I was told they were looking for me as I was a drunk boy racer who left the scene. Funny that when I had rung them about an hour before hand. Dident take long to sort it out that I was not drunk and a boy racer.

But he is still being a tosser about it. He even rang me and abused me.

I thought if you can live in a flash area of town, take your kids to private school
Clearly shows you that Lets keep up with Mr & Mrs Jones while being up to your eye balls debt.

Dude that sucks. Damage looks about similar to my car, maybe a bit better. and im fixing that myself for under $500 and thats with a aftermarket intercooler, a radiator, and stiching the mostpart of my front end on from another car. and a headlight. Just doing al I can myself.

bumper looks like It can be fixed relatively easily, have you had it off? How bad is the steel around the lights, bonnet catch? Are you insured mate?

Nick VR4
05-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Ouch hope you get it sorted asap

lancerevo3
05-07-2010, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Fully]I thought if you can live in a flash area of town, take your kids to private school

this is why he has all that stuff from not paying what he should the tosser.
hope you get it sorted

djb160
05-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear this Shane. Just to be flippant, you're lucky it was just a Discovery and not an EG Hatch otherwise you're car would have been a write off.

scott.mohekey
05-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear this Shane. Just to be flippant, you're lucky it was just a Discovery and not an EG Hatch otherwise you're car would have been a write off.

Lol.. Enter it in the destruction derby then!!

djb160
05-07-2010, 11:18 PM
naw... it's too puurdy for that.

bCOiN
05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
GUTS mate!! Typical w@nker landrover driver thing to do ay, just cos ur rover is bigger dont mean u get the right of way all the time, and just cos our cars have nice rims dont make us BOY F*KIN RACERS, or drunk.

hope u get it all sorted ok

Fully
09-07-2010, 06:59 AM
All sorted guys.
Got the Car back today dident pay a cent :D

Even has a facelift bonnet :)

Just need to take it back to fit the eye lids, bonnet arm catch and tow hook cover :)

Must admit they did a very good job.

djb160
09-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Oh my god, what the, Fully that's so awesome!

Atik
09-07-2010, 11:16 AM
0MGWTF - that was quick! :D (see what I did there?) /lol

Good to hear you are back up and running /yes

Fully
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys.

That was a Big Thumbs up to Panal Plus in Vagues Road.
There workmanship is outstanding.

I like this though from the insurance company.
The workmanship and parts are guaranteed for life, as long as I still own the car and still have insurance cover from State. :D