PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Type-S and Type-V specs?

Viruz_One
22-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Does anyone a link for specs on the Galant VR-4 Type-S and Type-V with performance specs and curb weights?Also how can i get an AYC system on a 5-speed gearbox. Is it substantially better than traction control?

pjjohnson
22-06-2003, 08:34 AM
The Type S INSERT INTO post VALUES ( with AYC) is 20kg heavier than the type V INSERT INTO post VALUES ( no AYC).

Pescha
22-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Well I have AYC and Traction control and with the two working together you are basically like glue on the road.

I wouldn't be without them both :thumb:

Cheers,
Pescha!

Roadrunner
22-06-2003, 08:52 AM
According to my Ralliart catalogue, the difference is 70Kg, with the manual weighing in at 1480Kg and the auto at 1550Kg. Estate is 1570Kg INSERT INTO post VALUES (auto only).

Performance specs are only given for the autos at 6.9s 0-62mph for the saloon, 7.0s for the estate. Top speeds 149mph and 142mph respectively.

Type V, IIRC, is 5-speed manual, has no AYC, narrower wheels as standard INSERT INTO post VALUES (6.00JJ x 16 with 205/55R16 tyres); narrower track INSERT INTO post VALUES (1510mm front, 1505mm rear); no plastic wheelarch extensions.

Type S is 5-speed auto with INVECS II sports mode, has AYC, 6.5JJ x 16 wheels with 225/50R16 tyres, front track 1525mm, rear track 1520mm, plastic wheelarch extensions.

Catalogue says that AYC is only available on autos, but I seem to recall some people on this BBS with manuals who also have AYC, so prepared to be corrected ;)

It is a form of traction control, but quite dynamic and, in my experience of different traction control systems, the best I've used. As with all such systems, has its limitations and you can't overcome the laws of physics!

Brian

Spirit
22-06-2003, 10:55 AM
As H7 says, I have a Type S INSERT INTO post VALUES (InvecsII box) and have AYC and Traction Control INSERT INTO post VALUES (which I can turn off) the same as Pescha.

However, Barry INSERT INTO post VALUES (Braind G) has a manual box with AYC aswell

Can't tell you which is best for cost reasons but I would certainly go for a Type S again.

Pete

-LegnumVR4-
22-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Info on the 1996 up to 98 just before they did the face lift.

Legnum VR-4:
http://sirius.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/mcnet/spec/legnum/htm_01s.htm

Galant VR-4:
http://sirius.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/mcnet/spec/galant/htm_06s.htm
Couldn't find any later spec on the Galant VR-4.

Later spec on the Legnum VR-4: INSERT INTO post VALUES (face lift)
http://sirius.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/mcnet/spec/legnum/htm_02s.htm u can see that the auto has 280bhp.

http://altavista.com use this to translate.

Viruz_One
22-06-2003, 07:24 PM
I heard somewhere that the pre-98's could be found with both a manual and AYC. I heard that the AYC system works great on the Evolution. Its what gives it its advanatage on rally and road. Also a couple questions about the 96-98? models...Some came with 4WS. anyone know how great this system is? does it work really well like on the Skyline. thanx for the responses.

BraindG
22-06-2003, 07:28 PM
think its jsut the 6G's that had 4ws... might be wrong though

Brind
22-06-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't believe the 2.5 V5 VR-4's have 4WS but GTO's AKA 3000GT does.
As Barry just said, the older Galant VR-4's may have since they don't have AYC.

I have also read that traction control is an optional extra! and those here that have traction control have a switch to disable it, I have the latest shape official import and I don't have traction control switch so that appears to backup the traction control is an optional extra.
For those with traction control is there any thing other than the switch and warning lights to tell you if you have it? like the actual mechanical device under the bonnet or the car?

-LegnumVR4-
22-06-2003, 08:13 PM
You can get whatever transmission u like in the VR-4, manual or auto. The late model VR-4's INSERT INTO post VALUES (EC5W, EC5A) don't have AWS.

Brind
22-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Is there a traction control device on yours -LegnumVR4-? because if anyone knows what the device looks like it would be you.

I have nothing to tell me if I have it but if I can see it I'll know.

-LegnumVR4-
23-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Yup:)

Between silver plate with all the cars info on it and the window wiper motor.

It has to valves INSERT INTO post VALUES (black in colour) with pipes coming off them. The are mounted on a bracket which has a grey cylinder clipped on it. It also has pipes coming off it.

Brind
23-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks mate, I can now confirm I don't have Traction Control.
Is it really needed with four wheel drive and AYC etc anyway?
I know what it does but would the VR-4 really benefit from it?

-LegnumVR4-
24-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Well I've gunned it around twisty roads and had the TCL light flash and all 3 AYC bars show up on the dash, it doesn't really feel like it is doing anything :)