PDA

View Full Version : British GP - chat & spoilers

Spirit
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Qualifying starting at 1pm.

The Red Bulls are looking strong as always, with Alonso going well too.

McLaren are struggling with the new blown diffuser not working as predicted so they have had to move back to the Valencia set up.

There were so many cars going off the track in practice that there may be many incidents during qualifying and the race. The bumps at turn 11 seem to be the main issue, but even wind direction changes are throwing cars off the track !

Could be another cracking race /yes

Jane
10-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Could be another cracking race /yes

Oh, I do hope so - especially as we are going to be there /woot

Spirit
10-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh, I do hope so - especially as we are going to be there /woot

Wow ! Have a great time guys..........if you set off now you may get in before the race tomorrow :thumbsup:

Jane
10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow ! Have a great time guys..........if you set off now you may get in before the race tomorrow :thumbsup:

Yep, we will be queuing to get in at 5am tomorrow :rolleyes4

aboo
10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Button out of Q3.

Spirit
10-07-2010, 02:52 PM
As expected at the front: Vettel, Webber, Alonso and then Hamilton

The Red Bull's just blew the rest away though !

Button 14th /JawDroppi

Jane
13-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, all I can say is WOW!

We were lucky enough to be given tickets FOC for the Sunday and it was absolutely amazing - the atmosphere was just fantastic. I think if Jenson had managed a podium, the place would have exploded /Poms

Despite not knowing we were going until Friday lunchtime, we managed to get a hotel 15 miles away but couldn't collect our tickets until almost 9.30, so didn't arrive at the hotel until midnight on Saturday. Having been advised to get there as early as possible, we got up at 4am and were at the track by 5, the third car in the car park and just managed to get a fantastic spot right by the fence and opposite a big screen at Vale /Steeringw

It was a long, hot day but I am already thinking about booking for the three days next year and camping onsite /yes

Still buzzing /woot2

SGHOM
13-07-2010, 01:26 PM
If it were brands.... I'd be there like a shot :guitarist

But I hate silversh!te. Been to many GP's at brands, & if you get a space @ the right spot.... You can see most of the circuit, ( paddock )

The 1st one I saw was when someone walked in front with a red flag !! :uhoh:

Nick Mann
13-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I've been to two F1 races at Silverstone. I thoroughly enjoyed both. I think you get a feel for just how on the edge the cars are, which you don't get on the TV.

I'm jealous, Jane! Glad you enjoyed it.

Spirit
13-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Glad you had a good time Jane.

Did you take the camera ?

Jane
13-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Cheers guys - it sure was fun :D

Didn't take a camera, Pete - mainly 'cos I no longer own one ;)

Spirit
13-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I no longer own one ;)

Wow ! Have you given up the photography then or are you between cameras ?

Jane
13-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow ! Have you given up the photography then or are you between cameras ?

Pretty much given it up - other than JapFest, I hadn't used the camera since last August and it seemed like a waste to be sitting in a bag ......