PDA

View Full Version : My New Purchase

Wodjno
13-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi All..

Following on from my purchase of Rich77's White Legnum VR4 i may decide to part it out. My original plan was to fix the ABS issue and sell the car on for a fast Buck ..

Now the following things i have found issues with are nothing to do with Rich77 trying to pull the wool over mine or anyones eyes. :stop: Please let me make this clear /bat
Rich's mechanical knowledge is not the best(His words, not mine)

On start up there was the standard tic tic tic... Nothin to worry about.. But also a bit of belt squeal, still nothin to worry about.. And as Rich's diveway is between 2 houses it was quite noisey with the Fujisubo and Ticking so waited for it to warm up.. It all quitened down and the ticking subsided also /yes

Once all was running smooth i had a dig around the engine bay and could here a squeakin noise. On futher investigation(Long Screwdriver) it showed the water pump was squeaking badly, pointing towards it needing replacement.
I also found it has a Manual boost controller that Rich didn't know about ..
Also it has HID's. And a Cone Airfilter :(

So out for a test drive.. The car is very smooth with seamless changes whether in Tip or Auto. The Ticky had all but dissapeared ... Once out on the open road i gave the loud pedal a little tickle in Auto mode in 5th at around 40mph, and the Autobox kicked down to 2nd and the engine pulled smoothly like a train towards 7k where it changed smoothly into 3rd and kept on pulling. The boost gauge fitted showed a peak of 0.7bar, levelling to 0.6bar. So the MBC has been set a Tad over standard boost levels.. The roads were clear so i stopped and gave it a 2500 RPM launch and once again the car did as expected and shoved me n Mrs Wodj back in our seats and the car shot upto to 80 + fairly rapidly :2thumbsup
Ok.. Now time to turn it around and head back.. Found a lane and turned down it, but before i turned it around i popped the hood and had a fiddle with the MBC /bananaroc 3 turns Anti Clockwise should do it i thought /Hmmm
Back in and turned around and now in tip mode. Floored it in 1st, into 2nd at 6k, into 3rd 5k, foot flat and /Hmmm Fuel cut at a peak of 1.2 bar (So nothing wrong with tubs /bananaroc )
So i stops again. Floor it in 1st, into 2nd at 6.5k, into 3rd at 7k, this time no fuel cut as the there is not so much load as i'm further up the RPM range. Peak of 1.1 bar and setlling just under 1 bar. The car was transformed into a fire breathing dragon :D
So enough of the powertests, all seemed good on that front /yes
So into 5th and cruising around 60mph. I could hear a noise from the rear.1st i thought it was the exhaust droning. But after putting car in Neutral for a few seconds i could here the Wheel Bearing WuhWuhWuhWuh noise. It sounds like NSR..
So back to Rich's.. Tell him about the issues and ask if he would drop the price a Tad(don't get if u don't ask :sad3: ) He was Blunt(But in a nice way) and said No !! I understood as there is a line of members waiting to snatch the car /yes
I told him i would possibly break it, but if could fix cheap enuff would still like to see it back on the road and in another persons hands for futher enjoyment /bananaroc

So i payed the money and took my choice :p

On the way home, taking it nice and sedately /yes I needed to get out of a little jam i was heading into on the dual carriageway. So i knocked it into Tip and dropped in 4th at around 70mph. Under load the car started to Judder quite strongly /help I let off the loud pedal. After finding a bit of space i tried it again and it did it again in 5th and 3rd from lower revs.. My 1st thoughts was Gearbox and the replacement of Oil or maybe something more sinister ?
Once home i had a chat with the nice Mr mann as i know he has sorted quite a few VR's with juddereing issues. He thought that as it was under load that it could be the front driveshafts worn and juddering underload. If it wear Gearbox then it would have done it more under light load and dissapeared on WOT.. Thanks for your input Nick :2thumbsup

My thoughts then turned to why Rich may have not mentioned the juddering :huh: From what what Nick had said about load making the driveshafts judder, i remembered i had turned up the boost /Hmmm
Could the increased load from the increased boost have shown up something that was not previously visible at the lower setting ?
So out to the car and turned the MBC off completely..
Out to the test track.. /toycar On full throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd there was no judder. When in 4th or 5th there was a very slight amount at WOT but barely noticeable if you wasn't looking for it and wasn't hooning it aswell /megawoot
So looks like the inner joint on the frontn driveshafts are worn.. Nick says that the issue can be so sorted by swapping the inner joins over from Driverside to Passenger side.. As the warn edges will be on the otherside of wear the bearings sit under load while going forward. It will only show ir you starts trying 0-60mph runs in reverse :quasi:

So the car was really as described in the For Sale thread taking into consideration Rich's limited Mechy Knowledge :p

So my dilemma now is !

Do i put the extra time and money into replacing the defective parts and sell on at not so profitable margin ?

Or part it out ??

Which ever i do decide it has to be rather quick as i need the money spent back in my bank by the 1st of August /Help

So if i decided to break the car ? Who would be interested in what and how soon ?

Cheers

Wodj

New Thread started regarding parts: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=565170#post565170

Edit.. 1st things for sale would be.. All prices delivered UK..

1. Full set of Wind Deflectors delivered UK.. £90

2. Side Skirts delivered UK .. £150

3. Rear Bumper extension splitter thingy delivered UK. £120

4. Aftermarket front Grille £50

Items 3, 4, and 5 as a Bundle £300 ...

Fujitsubo 3" Cat back exhaust.. £350 This has a muted tone and is fairly quiet while cruising, not invasive into the cabin. Sounds Luuuvely at idle. And has a nice throaty reverberation on full chat. It has 2 inline resonators as well as the Back box and comes in 3 sections.

4 Door cards with Black Leather inserts. £125

Fronts Lights complete with HIDS built in (Not sure which 1's, will check for those that are interested..) £120

Everything else would also be for sale obviously but would like to have at least the above agreed for sale before i did decide to break the car..

Cheers

Glenn

Humpty's Revenge
13-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Nice thread there bud.

How much for the hid`s per chance? unless your keeping them for yourself.

Something I don`t need but thought I`d ask mate.

Any other goodies on it Glenn please?

Just seen your edit mate provisional first dibs on HID`S please, if you can find out which ones they are as you said that will be good mate.

Wodjno
13-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice thread there bud.

See EDIT :P

Humpty's Revenge
13-07-2010, 05:13 PM
See EDIT :P

See above your post /Nuuu

I sneaked an extra line in mate

PaddyB
13-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Is the exhaust stainless - if so I'll be interested. Need to get in touch with the insurance people tho to see how much it''l load my claim first...

Wodjno
13-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Is the exhaust stainless - if so I'll be interested. Need to get in touch with the insurance people tho to see how much it''l load my claim first...

I think it is.. It's wet at the min. If it drys up a'll take a look. If not it'll be t'mora /yes

Re insurance.. It shouldn't load ur claim. As it is cheaper to replace than stock.. /Hmmm

Wodjno
13-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice thread there bud.

Just seen your edit mate provisional first dibs on HID`S please, if you can find out which ones they are as you said that will be good mate.

I'll take a look after dinner :2thumbsup

Wobble
13-07-2010, 05:52 PM
glenn you pipped me for it :inquisiti , happy stripping.
you must of pmed him within 10 mins of the advert going up./Grrr

pezza
13-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Hmm, all I can say is:

- it looks nice in white, esp with those sideskirts

- sounds fantastic, with that fujitz!

- Has moonroof :afro:

Nice car :thumbsup: Shame to break

Wodjno
13-07-2010, 06:00 PM
glenn you pipped me for it :inquisiti , happy stripping.
you must of pmed him within 10 mins of the advert going up./Grrr

Thing it was about 2mins :D

Wobble
13-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Thing it was about 2mins :D

up your /Grrr .

glad it turned out to be a good one, if you feel sorry for me because you pmed him first then go ahead and give me the exhaust to make up for it :thinking:

Wodjno
13-07-2010, 06:10 PM
if you feel sorry for me because you pmed him first then go ahead and give me the exhaust to make up for it :thinking:

I'll happily give it to you for £500 /yes

Humpty's Revenge
13-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I'll happily give it to you for £500 /yes

Now that`s a deal and a half. /haz

rich77
13-07-2010, 07:01 PM
hang on wodjno limited mechanical knowledge ??? its not limited ,,,,,,,,,,,, its non existent sorry i did not let you know of the problems i really didnt know mate i hope you make a killing on it and if you dont i have a spare room you can kip in when you get kicked out for not paying the mortgage ;-)

Geraint
13-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Fujitsubo 3" Cat back exhaust.. £350 aslong as its in good nick, V interested!

Wodjno
14-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Fujitsubo 3" Cat back exhaust.. £350 aslong as its in good nick, V interested!

Had a look at the Zorst and 1 section is Mullered.. It's the centre section of 3 .. It's a 90 degree bend that go's from the back box to the main section with the 2 resonators. It's about 18" x 18" long..
Shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced at a local Zorst shop..

Price is dropped to £250 to reflect the fooooked section..

Wodj

PS..Please post any further reply's in the following thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50538