PDA

View Full Version : Headlights - will these fit?

Barney
15-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Do you think these lights have the correct fittings fo a PFL Leggie?

Nutter_John
15-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm sure those are the ones Rees installed in his car , but I may be wrong

have you got the link rather than the images

swinks
15-07-2010, 11:56 PM
IMO, they are aftermarket USDM, hence won't fit due to shape and light pattern.

Barney
16-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm sure those are the ones Rees installed in his car , but I may be wrong

have you got the link rather than the images

Think they are JDM but difficult to tell from the website

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x127061238&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhghQIxm9UsZCQATNdrgCJgBQ-K8Ug

Gly
16-07-2010, 01:14 AM
there usdm, and are alot more narrow at the indicator end,

they will fit but there will be a large gap at the end,
they dont fit usdms perfectly either,

pbaron
16-07-2010, 02:01 AM
They are USDM, I purchased a set to see if they will fit:

The mounting points after different so some bracketing is required to mount them.
They are not as wide as a JDM light, they fit into the guard correctly at the indicator end but leave a 20mm ish gap at the grille end.
They are not as tall as a JDM light, they leave a gap around 15mm between the top of the front
bumper and the bottom of the light.

With all of the above I have not tried to fit them up to mine, could chop a couple of grille's to make one wider but can't be bothered with the bracketing required to do a decent job.

Have thought about cutting the new ones up to retro fit the projectors to a set of OEM JDM lights but have not gone down that route yet.

For me I would not buy another set knowing what I do now, but until I got a set it always looked like a good idea to get some.

Cheers

MarkSanne
16-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Some guys over here bought these. Fitment is horrible and it will never line up with the front bumper (leaving a 1-2cm gap).

Waste of time & money IMO.

Have thought about what pbaron said: chop up a set of these thingies and fit them in a JDM set. But I'm not willing to try such experiment and the current cost of these headlights.

Barney
16-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys.
Giving them a wide berth