PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Recirc piping.

Patryn999
16-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Went to replace the VTA blow off valve in the galant last night and discovered that Subaru ETA had, ah, somewhat shortened the return pipe :P

Would someone have one floating around that I could buy? Preferably in chch for speed, but any would be welcome.

Thanks,
Carl.

Tried to find something that'd suit in the bin a supercheap, but most 'S' bends go too low, and would scrape on ground.

Subaru ETA
16-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Lol that wasn't me! That was gly when we were doing the gearbox :p

taylor
16-07-2010, 03:02 PM
You can have mine if I can have your Vta haha

scott.mohekey
16-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I have a couple.

Patryn999
17-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Today, 04:04 AM

Good to see you're an early bird? haha (likely still awake). I'm impressed, I cut it at 2am this morning. I've sent you a PM asking about it.

Also, I don't have any use for it so if you want it Taylor I can pass it (and the bung) your way. I still owe you $30 for the Amsoil ATF fluid, as you never got around to PM'ing me a bank I could deposit into :P

Subaru ETA
17-07-2010, 01:04 AM
You are giving the bung away?!?! That's a highly engineered piece of kit that! :p

Gly
17-07-2010, 01:16 AM
lol, we didnt cut the pipe short, it was lying on the floor at brads old shed last time i saw it,

scott.mohekey
17-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Good to see you're an early bird? haha (likely still awake).:P

This is why.. http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50625

taylor
17-07-2010, 04:19 AM
Good to see you're an early bird? haha (likely still awake). I'm impressed, I cut it at 2am this morning. I've sent you a PM asking about it.

Also, I don't have any use for it so if you want it Taylor I can pass it (and the bung) your way. I still owe you $30 for the Amsoil ATF fluid, as you never got around to PM'ing me a bank I could deposit into :P

Flick the bits my way and weil call it evens dude. /bananaroc

still keen to have a hoon with evoscan on my car at some point too if thats still algood with u.

Patryn999
18-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Nvm Scott, I was driving past the supercheap on Blenheim road and stopped in on a whim, they had a perfect bit of pipe off a Mazda for $13 bucks, so I snaked that. Fits like a glove.

Got that VTA BOV out for you Taylor, lost a hose clamp somewhere on the way thou, so you might need another. Otherwise I should be able to drop it around or sort something out this week if you live nearby.

scott.mohekey
18-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Sorry Carl, I forgot to get back to you sooner. I've had most of last week of work to relax and have just been chilling.

Patryn999
18-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Np. I wasn't in a rush at the time, just drove past and had one of those "ah bugger it, lets have a nosy" moment. Payed off this time :D

Glad I didn't interrupt you week of relax, keep enjoying what you have left before work rears its ugly head again!

taylor
18-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Sorry Carl, I forgot to get back to you sooner. I've had most of last week of work to relax and have just been chilling.

Time off Scott? Hope you have crossed a few things of your vr4 todo list!

taylor
18-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Nvm Scott, I was driving past the supercheap on Blenheim road and stopped in on a whim, they had a perfect bit of pipe off a Mazda for $13 bucks, so I snaked that. Fits like a glove.

Got that VTA BOV out for you Taylor, lost a hose clamp somewhere on the way thou, so you might need another. Otherwise I should be able to drop it around or sort something out this week if you live nearby.

Like a glove!? One f my favourite sayings haha

Sweet dude my cars at mums which is off Kendal ave which is close to u iirc? I'll flick you a txt when I'm bk in nz tomorow..

scott.mohekey
18-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Time off Scott? Hope you have crossed a few things of your vr4 todo list!

I got a little bit done on the car. There's still a lot to do though.

Patryn999
20-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I head a rumor going around that you (Taylor) tried to make sweet, sweet love to a concrete block? :D

taylor
20-07-2010, 03:31 AM
I head a rumor going around that you (Taylor) tried to make sweet, sweet love to a concrete block? :D

Haha yeah concrete block came off better than I did lol. Got It all fixed and back on the road last night, then my clutch dampner developed a leak and dumped all my fluid on Harper ave.

Got home without a clutch but now 3rd gear is pretty much rooted. Good thing I have a spare gearset

scott.mohekey
20-07-2010, 03:40 AM
The welds held then?

mpau009
20-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Is this that same BOV i bought in 2006? :P

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17258

go valve go, first christchurch, then world domination :evil2:

Subaru ETA
20-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Lol yup it's the same one... Just like the springs in it - I think that they had been in nearly every Auckland members car before they ended up on my haha

taylor
20-07-2010, 12:37 PM
The welds held then?
Yes...

..should I be worried about otherwise?

scott.mohekey
20-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Nope! Just pulling your leg.

taylor
20-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Clutch all sorted today, turned out it was that dampener thing that goes before the slave cylinder. Took it out altogether so clutch line goes strait to the slave. Cos I'm hardcore.

Now my 3rd and 4th gears are a bit rooted so looks like il be dropping the box and swapping the gearset out for the original VR4 one.

So guess I'll need to borrow your engine crane at somepoint Scott, perhaps when I return your sander?

scott.mohekey
20-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Sure.. It's at Kayne's at the moment though so you'd need to pick it up from there unless you have no way of transporting it?

taylor
20-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Sure.. It's at Kayne's at the moment though so you'd need to pick it up from there unless you have no way of transporting it?

I have Adam Findlay. I have ways of persuading him to do things, il just need it over a weeknd, however I might look into
A. Cryoing output shafts.
And B. Doing something similar to brad with evo gears, might pm him

Sorry Carl, I've really hijacked your thread:blahblah:

taylor
20-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Who was that guy you mentioned that does the cryogenic stuff