PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please!

andyleaves
16-07-2010, 10:40 AM
WTF?

Got in the car this morning, pulled out of the drive, just doing 10-15 mph. nice and straight and slow road couple of bends coming up.

Skiddy car light came on the same time as, what I can only describe as the abs going into overdrive, nearly brought the car to a stop. Combined with a nasty sounding grinding/banging noise from the front drivers brake?

Pulled over shut the car down looked at the front drivers (Just in-case something had fallen off!) could not see anything.

Got back in the car started her up. Fine drove 12 miles (Fast A-road 45-60 mph) not a problem, then some time in traffic still no issue?

Have looked up ASC (Skiddy Car) along with braking and I can't seem to find anything!

Possible error code 47 although I don't really understand the meaning.

Does any of you have any idea what the h*ll has happened?

elnevio
16-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a glitch - possibly a stone or something got briefly lodged in the snesor assembly? Code 47 on the ASC points towards to the front right anyway - mentioning something about pressure valve. Perhaps a techie one can comment further on this! :)

chris g
16-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Andy

From my experience in mental health and drug and alcohol work, there does not appear to be any evidence of mental health or addictions...

...but sounds like the skiddy car light was coincidental with a disturbing grinding/banging noise...

As problem seemd to go away and an error code appeared there is probably something to sort out

You do not need to phone NHS Direct but wait patiently and some clever techie bugger will be along shortly..

There may be some two-tones and blue flashing lights as they dash to your aid

Try not to worry help is on it's way

And God, I hope it arrives quickly, I cannot carry on being reassuring for much longer ...

chris g
16-07-2010, 10:48 AM
PS I obviously have nothing much to do today on my day off...

andyleaves
16-07-2010, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=chris g]Andy

From my experience in mental health and drug and alcohol work, there does not appear to be any evidence of mental health or addictions...

QUOTE]

Hmm! I'm a trained Nursery Nurse, could be interesting... I teach Health and Social Care now at my local college, I might one day ask you in for a session on NHS Jobs type of thing?

I do hope its a stone not not somthing serious...

chris g
16-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I hesitate to say this given the suspected/desired cause of the problem but...

...if it's a conversation about this NHS jobs malarkey, I do not know if possible as...

...I may be more than a stones throw away from your location.........

Wodjno
16-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Hope fully just a glitch, maybe some very small dirt got between ABS sensor and ring and cleared by itself. If not it could be a cracked ring or maybe a fault on an ABS sensor, bad wiring connection ?

Hope it's the former /yes

Cheers

Wodj

andyleaves
16-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Glenn any quick way to tell without stripping everything down.
Already appreciating the advice.

Ghost_2008
16-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, probably not....... it's all well tucked away........ you only experienced the issue once, although I'm sure it was all very disconcerting........ monitor it closely or strip it down but if it was a cracked ring or damaged sensor I'm sure the problem would have reoccured in the rest of your journey.......

I hope it something minor and there's no need to strip the hub down and check it all out....... good luck mate

Barney
16-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Andy,
Sounds very much like my problem about 9 months ago.
Not the ABS but the ASC activating because it receives the signal that the front wheels are turning at different speeds.
In my case it happened when turning tightly at low speed (eg tight mini roundabouts and T junctions).
Traced the fault eventually to the Steering Wheel sensor on the underside of the column being goosed.
When I put the lock on, the wheels turn on different radii so one travels on a longer arc at a different rotational speed. The ASC shouldn't be activated because the steering sensor tells the ASC ECU that there should be a difference.