PDA

View Full Version : My 3rd crash in 3 years....

SGHOM
17-07-2010, 12:48 PM
.... And each time I've been stationary !!

Looks like another written off saaaab:coat

aboo
17-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Gutted for you mate.

VR4Kaos
17-07-2010, 01:19 PM
sorry to hear this mate hope your ok !!!

miller
17-07-2010, 01:30 PM
ah Jeeez Derek!! What happened?

Wobble
17-07-2010, 02:07 PM
hope anyone who was in the car is ok and unhurt.

giblet
17-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Ouch, atleast your ok!

SGHOM
17-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Cheers peeps

I was stationary, waiting to pull out of a petrol station, when a woman in a focus who'd been pumping her tyre up reversed into me !! /hammer
I couldn't move backwards or forwards, & the sound of my horn fell on deaf ears. I just sat there until she hit me! :thumbsdow

She instantly admitted full liability...... Silly woman ! :jester:

Passenger door is caved in, also sill damage. Mirror is now on the back seat!

Anyway ...... Anyone remember de ja vous??????? Just got off the phone to the insurance company. :whistle:

Humpty's Revenge
17-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Glad to hear your OK and it was only a light bump, still a pain in the backside.

The Vee
17-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Oh Gawd Derek - not again. Glad you're OK. But why is it that your "dings" in the door have to be so big everytime:d Guess Dent Devils are no good then.......................

SGHOM
17-07-2010, 03:47 PM
It's not as simple as that steve.
My mum was in the passenger seat & took the full force of the impact :embarasse

She is nearly 91 & it shook her up badly. I've been put in touch with my insurers solicitors, & will persue it.

Humpty's Revenge
17-07-2010, 04:10 PM
It's not as simple as that steve.
My mum was in the passenger seat & took the full force of the impact :embarasse

She is nearly 91 & it shook her up badly. I've been put in touch with my insurers solicitors, & will persue it.

OH SH1T!!!!:oops:

Is she OK Derek??

Blimey that must of been a huge shock.

The Vee
17-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Sincerely hope your mother gets over the shock quickly. But Derek - you do have a habit of starting a thread with a one liner and assumptions are then made.

SGHOM
17-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Sincerely hope your mother gets over the shock quickly. But Derek - you do have a habit of starting a thread with a one liner and assumptions are then made.

Appologies for the one liners Andy, but this shunt has really p!ssed me off

For the 3rd time I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time. My mum has hurt her back, but being from the old school & having been through the war, all she says is " I'll be fine.... Don't worry" ....... Ffs.. She's 90 !!

I know it's only a cheap runabout, but it's my lifeline as a carer /pale

bradc
17-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Shame to hear that Derek, hopefully it is just a light bruise or something and she'll be bacl to normal in a few days.

The Vee
18-07-2010, 02:03 AM

For the 3rd time I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time. My mum has hurt her back, but being from the old school & having been through the war, all she says is " I'll be fine.... Don't worry" ....... Ffs.. She's 90 !!

No worries mate - hope the back problem is only temporary

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I want my range rover back /wall

I got a bl00dy ashtray!!! At least it's brand new. ;)

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Hmmm? Houston...... We 'may' have a problem here! :thinking2

elnevio
19-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh noes! Another SGHOM cryptic one-liner!

What's going on now, D? Hope your mum hasn't suffered any after-effects.

gareth001
19-07-2010, 02:19 PM

quite a few years back I got hit by a gaylander (freelander!) and had a soar shoulder for just over a week. Compinsation for that was about £1000 and that was at a guess 6-8 years back. This was not me trying to get every penny I could - this was simply me filling in the form saying yes I'm ingured and this is the doctor who confirmed it's details. That's all I did and a couple of weeks later the 3rd party solicitor contacted with offer of £1000 compinsation...

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Solicitors are on the case for mums whiplash injuries. :o

Swinton agents have dealt with my claim in their usual excellent, proffesional manner. The guy I spoke to confirmed everything would be sorted to my satisfaction regarding the repair or if it's not repairable, a suitable offer would be made.

My hire car was delivered bang on cue, all I needed to do was contact the insurance company to inform them of the incident, & arrange with them for collection & assesment of the damage. This I did earlier today. Their response ???

Nothing to do with us /TTTH

gareth001
19-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Nothing to do with us /TTTH

And your response was - "So why do I pay you money?

Nutter_John
19-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Depends if D is thrid party or fully comp .

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Nail/head john!!

Tpff ......... But this ok according to swinton. It was a non fault accident, & their promise to repair or replace will be honoured by them.

The INS co said....... If that's what they said.. Let them sort it !!

gareth001
19-07-2010, 02:41 PM

True true

gareth001
19-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Nail/head john!!

Tpff ......... But this ok according to swinton. It was a non fault accident, & their promise to repair or replace will be honoured by them.

The INS co said....... If that's what they said.. Let them sort it !!

As long as you let them know the garage you want to repair the car for you - if the third party is Norwich Uniion don't let them tuch your car - I had a year of headache trying to get them to sort my car out correctly. Finally Norwich Union allowed me to choose my own garage after 4 attempts! The garage I chose got it perfect 1st time.

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I confirmed with swinton that my car was tpff & the guy put me on hold whilst he checked that this was ok. It was.
They promised to repair the car even though we all know tpff does not cover accidental damage.
All I had to do was notify & arrange collection.
Swinton deliver hire cars, they don't take customers cars for repair.

This could get interesting !!!

elnevio
19-07-2010, 02:57 PM
In a non-fault scenario, the type of insurance you have (or indeed don't have, if that happens to be the case!) is not relevant! The third party's insurers should sort you out without you paying a penny or being unnecessarily inconvenienced in any way. How they sort collection is entirely up to them.

I assume Swinton is her insurance company?

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Swinton are my agent. Provident are the insurers.
No idea who her insurers are.
If swinton are wrong, why did they give me an ashtray? /lol

Humpty's Revenge
19-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Swinton are my agent. Provident are the insurers.
No idea who her insurers are.
If swinton are wrong, why did they give me an ashtray? /lol

Swindles OH sorry Swintons.................../Hmmm ......................:unbeleeva :censored:

I was with swindles all of 5 seconds, they are........well some like them some don`t.

Good luck D anyway mate.

SGHOM
19-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Can you get spinal injuries from driving an astra?

Feck me!! ........ The suspension is so harsh, you could detach a retina going over a cats eye !! :dizzy2:

Gimme back my saaaab

SGHOM
22-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Sorted

spoken to the other parties insurance, & they accept full liability for the accident & any costs or injuries incured.
My car goes in to ADR in the morning for damage assessment.

Tbh.... With me knowing nothing about cars! It's touch & go whether it's repairable?:laugh: it may be old, but it does/did drive superb.

I have to decide by the end of play today whether I want it back or not?? /Devil5

elnevio
22-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh God, not ADR. The ONLY stories I have ever heard about them have been absolutely shocking. :skull:

For example, my neighbour's car was rear-ended. A month and a half later (!), it came back, and the rear bumper had been affixed with silicone. /pan

SGHOM
22-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Nev... As you know, I have no choice in the matter.

The only choice is whether I get the car back or not.... & that is my choice :pimp2:

gareth001
23-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Nev... As you know, I have no choice in the matter.

The only choice is whether I get the car back or not.... & that is my choice :pimp2:

You should have complete choice, by law you can have your car repaired anywhere you like, even if it is the third party paying for it. It's just something that the insurance companies don't like to tell you. Reason is they don't won't the extra papar work to deal with. Plus if the garage is unknown to them they will likely send an inspector to look at your car to confirm the garages charges match what is to be repaired.

SGHOM
23-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Well ..... ADR came this morning for the car. I told them yesterday that the car won't start due to a fault with the imobiliser caused by the accident.

He came in a truck without a winch !!! They will be back later to try again /hammer

the_boy
23-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Got a bit confused half way through this thread.

Thinking what has it got to do with anything if you're 3rd party when it was her fault and she's accepted liability.

You're covered by her insurance.... :D

SGHOM
26-07-2010, 09:04 PM
£1500 for the repair........ So I guess that's a no no !! /toycar

Pastor of Muppets
26-07-2010, 09:10 PM
You all seem to have missed the important thing here!!! Derek has a courtesy car! is it time to organise a offroading meet??

gareth001
27-07-2010, 09:29 AM
You all seem to have missed the important thing here!!! Derek has a courtesy car! is it time to organise a offroading meet??

Or on the beach... (which I guess is still off road!)

miller
27-07-2010, 09:40 AM
well lets not race, hire cars are the fastest road cars out there!!

SGHOM
29-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Insurance companies ?

You either love 'em or hate 'em !! :love:

miller
29-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I take it you love em then Derek?

SGHOM
29-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Very much so !!

The deal of the century ! /GJ

SGHOM
29-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm keeping the saaaab. It only needs a door/door skin, I can easily sort that myself.
Also getting a cheque for almost double I paid for the car to go towards the cost of repair !! /Devil5

Result!!

miller
29-07-2010, 10:00 AM
thats a result, a door should be easy enough to find in the right colour!

SGHOM
02-08-2010, 08:59 PM
"dear ***** INS co,

thankyou for the use of the courtesy car for the past few weeks, it will be ready for collection on Wednesday as agreed.

My apologies for the mud under the wheel arches, but I do live in a rural area & my pressure washer is broken at the moment, also ..... We have had a lot of rain recently.

Also, my uncle & aunt have visited recently, & lit a cigarette in the car on an afternoon out. I will supply an air freshener to cover the odour.

As for the tyres, I did notice some side wall wear when the car was delivered.... Even though it was only 2 weeks old. This was not noted on the delivery sheet.
As for the uneven wear on the tread ( flat spots) I can only assume this is because due to the inclement weather & the fact the car has very keen brakes I'm not used to may be the cause.

Fink I'll get away with it ! Lol /bananaroc

bradc
02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't beleive you :)

It doesn't beat my hyundai with orange brakes though :D

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44054&highlight=hyundai

elnevio
03-08-2010, 01:05 AM
It doesn't beat my hyundai with orange brakes though :D

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44054&highlight=hyundai
I was just thinking of that thread the other day! :curtain:

bradc
03-08-2010, 01:35 AM
And I didn't even get any rep from you!

On that note, I'm waiting for Derek to confirm he did actually send that to them and then I'll give him rep :)

SGHOM
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
And I didn't even get any rep from you!

On that note, I'm waiting for Derek to confirm he did actually send that to them and then I'll give him rep :)

Of course I didn't send it you muppet !! It was just a bit of boredom last night!

I would never abuse a hire car :thinking: /rally Well....... Not tell them at least !

SGHOM
11-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Please can I have my Saab back?

I've agreed the settlement, I've got the cheque, but heard nothing for ages !!! I'm still stuck with this ashtray !! :(

gareth001
11-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Please can I have my Saab back?

I've agreed the settlement, I've got the cheque, but heard nothing for ages !!! I'm still stuck with this ashtray !! :(

On the bright side, if the hire car still has tyres/brakes/clutch left you still have some miles of driving without care to wear and tear :D

miller
11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Dont worry Derek, they will only ring to come pick it up/swap it over once youve just put some fuel in it.

SGHOM
17-08-2010, 12:08 PM
I hate insurance companies....

Did I already tell you that? 

SGHOM
17-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Got an email this morning from drive assist saying to contact them. I rang, & they want the ashtray back...... I've had it too long.

That's fine by me ..... But I want my Saab back.

Nothing to do with us, that's your problem... As of midnight tonight, your insurance is cancelled. :speechles

So I rang ADR about my car, they said it's still here ready for collection. We can deliver it back, but that will cost you £60 as aviva have refused to pay for delivery. :inquisiti

Anyone here ever tried to ring aviva?? Last time I tried it took me 4 days to get through!! /pan

I've paid the £60....... & the bill will be posted to Norwich asap !! Tossers /pan

SGHOM
18-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Just had the saaab delivered back... With a completely blatt fattery :furious4:

Stood in a compound for 4 weeks won't have helped ! It was brand new back in dec. Ah well :anxious:

gareth001
18-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Just had the saaab delivered back... With a completely blatt fattery :furious4:

Stood in a compound for 4 weeks won't have helped ! It was brand new back in dec. Ah well :anxious:

Take battery back to where you got it from and they should give a free replacement as it will probably show up as not being chargable!

SGHOM
26-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Drive assist

the lying little toe rags !! /hammer

There was a scuff on the rear bumber when the ashtray was delivered to me, that was noted on the form I signed. I noticed a few scratches around the door handle. He said that's nothing to worry about... It's when people open the door with the keys in their hand.

Just got a letter saying "new damage to drivers door" !!!

The can feck right off !! /whip

tonyfazer
26-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Cheers peeps

I was stationary, waiting to pull out of a petrol station, when a woman in a focus who'd been pumping her tyre up reversed into me !! /hammer
I couldn't move backwards or forwards, & the sound of my horn fell on deaf ears. I just sat there until she hit me! :thumbsdow

She instantly admitted full liability...... Silly woman ! :jester:

Passenger door is caved in, also sill damage. Mirror is now on the back seat!

Anyway ...... Anyone remember de ja vous??????? Just got off the phone to the insurance company. :whistle:

Hey man at least your ok thats the main thing init.........think the girl who hit you needs a hearing test and should have gone to specsavers!!

Tony

SGHOM
01-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Persistant arnt they? :)

Had a call earlier from another solicitors, they had all the details of the accident & said they were working on behalf of my insurers.
Here's a snippit of the chat:

him: were you hurt?
Me: no

at all?
No

perhaps a little twinge?
No

was your mum hurt?
Yes

so that will help with you're claim
what claim?

Does any part of you hurt?
No.... The accident was 6 weeks ago

these symptoms can appear after that time
I'm fine

any pins & needles?
No

anything at all?
No.... Had a bit of back ache last night from laying on the settee lol !!

So you were hurt then?
NO!!

But you say you have a bad back?
I was joking

I'll get you a claim form in the post tonight
oh FFS !!

Don't worry mr Tew, you don't need to see you're doctor, & we can get you a 4 figure settlement.

Any suggestions peeps ? :elvis:

chris g
01-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Buy a walking stick and get ready for disabled parking...?

SGHOM
16-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I have an appointment with doctor unpronouncable next month for my catastrophic injuries!! /Grrr

The location is at a hydraulic coupling company on an industrial estate !! WTF? :end:

What part of no don't they understand ?? /Grrr

SGHOM
02-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Well......

Been to see dr ramalamadingdong.... Or whatever his name was. He asked me plenty of questions, & he answered all of them !! He avoided any possible ambiguity!

As for the physical .... What a joke !!!

chris g
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
His touch was so delicate it had you laughing...

SGHOM
05-10-2010, 01:51 PM
His touch was so delicate it had you laughing...

He offered me two test tickles ! :d

Well....... With me still denying anything is wrong with me, the 3rd parties insurers have accepted full liability for my injuries!

When asked on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad the pain was .... I said zero, he said ..... So that's a 4 then? /duh

When asked how it is now 2 months on, I said zero. He said it can't be? .............. Ok then, it's the bloody same !! ...... It can't be that either, I'll put it down as a 3.

I just give up & let them get on with it /popcorn

chris g
05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Be careful about being named in a NotW expose of insurance scam...

...'Sheffield electrician exposed in false car ins claim whilst avoiding work, pretending to be carer and having part-time job as Gigolo...' ?

SGHOM
21-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Just had a letter from the solicitor asking if I will accept the offer of £1600 + costs minimum !! :2thumbsup

miller
21-10-2010, 03:21 PM
and we wonder why our insurance costs rocket....damn ambulance chasers! Not you Derek but the legal eagles involved!

chris g
21-10-2010, 03:50 PM
So a meal and a few drinks are on you D ?

I can make it down to Sheffield...

Or will it be just a burger and coca-cola...?

SGHOM
29-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I have accepted... reluctantly... their 1st offer of £1933.50.

Not because I wanted more.... More like it shouldn't have got this far !!

miller
29-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I have accepted... reluctantly... their 1st offer of £1933.50.

Not because I wanted more.... More like it shouldn't have got this far !!

Now put some of that away until next Easter. /Hmmm

aboo
29-10-2010, 03:26 PM
A nice little windfall. Especially at this time of the year.

Beastlee
29-10-2010, 06:13 PM
A nice little windfall. Especially at this time of the year.

But he still needs to replace the SAAB. Not much left for saving....or am I misunderstanding it?

aboo
29-10-2010, 06:15 PM
You could be right Lee.

SGHOM
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Solicitors letter arrived today ..( seems the postman is still alive ! )

my mum will get a minimum £4250 ..... Which is nice 

the_boy
08-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Just had my quote for insurance renewal come through the post.
Bearing in mind I was in an accident in October and the 3rd party admitted full liability, they repaired the car and I told my broker etc.

£680! And this was my most competitive quote!

Now the bit that angers me the most is my previous premium was £500 for a BMW 3 litre petrol costing £15,000.
My current run around is a Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTi worth £4000

I say store the cash away sghom, you're going to need it at renewal time, your fault or not!!

gareth001
10-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Just had my quote for insurance renewal come through the post.

£680! And this was my most competitive quote!

Have you tried direct line as they are supposed to not care about third party at fault accidents?

SGHOM
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
£4483.50 :-)

aboo
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Is that what you got Derek or your Mum?