PDA

View Full Version : Help please - CD wiring

Kryton
17-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I had my new double-din head unit turn up yesterday & I have followed instructions on here to do most of the work. I have removed all trims, dash etc, connected up mic for bluetooth, wired everything back together so all going well up to this point.

The problem isevery timethe ignition is switched off it loses all the presets. I remember in the past I have had to swap two wires to get round this (on previous Mitsi) & I think it was yellow & red on the block leading from the CD player but want to double check before I blow anything.

I have searched & can't find anything on here. Could someone point me in the right direction in case I have missed it or confirm what I need to do?

Thanks

Chris

taylor
17-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, red and yellow swap them over and see what happens, it will not blow any thing as they are both +ve sources, one switched at the ignition and one not.

If that fails try checking fuses, or you wiring with a test light, the yellow wire should have power all the time and the red when you turn it to acc.

I would check the latter, sounds like it to me

Goodluck dude

Kryton
17-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I swapped the two & I works fine :)

Cheers

taylor
17-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Glad the knowledge from 7 million headunit installs I have done over the years can help dude :)

scott.mohekey
17-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Installs or uninstalls?