PDA

View Full Version : Good Forces discounts

RobboVR4
18-07-2010, 12:39 PM
For those of you in the Forces, you may already know these but i found 2 good discounts i have discovered.

1: Half price pizzas at Dominos (just show them ur ID), which makes the price justifyable lol.

2: If your a Techie wiether it be Aircraft, generators, vehicles or Comms take your training certificate and your Military ID to Halfords and you can get a Trade card. Which gets you discounts on tools and oil etc.

Hope this is useful

WildCards
19-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Burger King & Subway both give discount to Forces personnel aswell.

andyleaves
19-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Blacks / Millets give, if I remember give a 15% discount.
Boots, camping gear, SATNAV's...
Not only the Forces, but also the Old Bill...

oldgit9
19-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I don’t know how true this is, but I heard that if anyone in the Navy wears their No.1 uniform to stringfellows in london, they will get in for free.

andyleaves
19-07-2010, 07:28 PM
**** will have to dig mine out....
It's only half hour by tube :D

---------------------------------------------------------------
No wait I only have 5J's and 4's not fair....

dinger1983
19-07-2010, 07:35 PM
do you not get the yearly discount book theres hundres of stuff in it

oldgit9
19-07-2010, 08:08 PM
yeah we do...when they can be bothered to hand them out. they do have a web site, but in my eyes, its badly put together. just like the forces it supposed to help...lol

have you also noticed, how thin the book is these days. when i first had one (11 years ago), it was nearly an inch thick and full of discounts. now it's only say quarter of an inch thick and full of ad's and hardly any discounts :( just goes to show, how much the forces is appreciated in this country. you ask any student in any collage/uni how much discounts they get, and they'll be able to real you a list off a mile long.

don't get me started on students :rifle:

andyleaves
19-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Nope not gonna start on the student trip...

Barney
19-07-2010, 10:10 PM
The truth is of course that they seldom do it to support you guys. They just do it to get more customers with little thought to you.

It's all wrong but thats life

RobboVR4
21-07-2010, 06:54 PM
do you not get the yearly discount book theres hundres of stuff in it

Havent for a while as they are full of crappy adverts. Just thought id but a few up that i thought were useful i.e the Halfords trade card. Also just discovered the other day that Nandos do 20% discount & ive been going there for years.

Like Oldgit said i dont think the Forces are appreciated in this country, ive been to the states and been welcomed with open arms. The worst ive had here is i asked a pizza place if they did forces discount they said no, but they did give me something, pubic hairs on the under the base. Thought that was revolting i was lucky to notice it before i ate it, but i did inform enviromental health on the matter. So sometimes uve got to be careful.

Barney
21-07-2010, 09:36 PM
, ive been to the states and been welcomed with open arms.

Have to agree with that observation. My Brother-in-Law was staying with me in my place in Florida on Veterans Day. We were visiting Sea World when before the Shamu show they asked all US servicemen current & veterans AND UK COUNTERPARTS to stand and received a minute long applause from the crowd.

My Brother in Law did his time in an admin role and never left UK !!!

bluemooney
26-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I loved going to the states like being almost royalty we went out in willmington on halloween did not buy a single drink.(not that i am cheap but we had then bourght for us)

got very good discount for disney land , universal studios ect .

over here no one cares what you do,i have a bullet hole in my leg and order of services for 4 of my mates means not a jot.

gaz

andyleaves
26-07-2010, 06:28 PM
:iagree:

RobboVR4
27-07-2010, 06:13 PM
I remember a few years ago there was a story in one of the papers that a servicing soldier had come back from his OOA. Went into a hotel with in uniform having just got back & was refused as the manager did not believe the governments foreign policy in Iraq or something like that. I thought that was absolutely pathetic.

Scanny
26-05-2013, 03:47 PM
https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/index.php?p=home

past and present plus spouses etc

gixer599
26-05-2013, 04:36 PM
https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/index.php?p=home

past and present plus spouses etc

I have this card already, you get a Iceland 10% discount card with it, which is valid till feb 2014, the defence discount card itself costs £4.99 and is valid for 5 years and I have saved more than that at Iceland alone.

Scanny
26-05-2013, 04:53 PM
its iceland that provide a lot of my income. just applied for my discount card today but i have to use snail mail to send them my service record since my printer and laptop stopped talking to each other.

according to the iceland discount i need my discount card and an iceland forces discount card to use the discount. is that right? how do you get their card?

gixer599
26-05-2013, 07:03 PM
It's 2 separate cards they send you Richie, the defence discount card, and a Iceland card, I seem to remember they came in the same envelope. At Iceland I have only shown their 10% discount card, you or your partner are allowed to use this card. If you do a lot of motorway driving Moto services give 20% discount. Only place had a slight problem was KFC, got the card when they came out and the manager had the memo and hadn't told the staff about it, but with a smartphone just brought the webpage up and they was happy with that.

Scanny
27-05-2013, 05:55 AM
you are also eligible for a costco membership if you are serving or have served. its £30 a year membership but worth it if you dont mind bulk buying. they sell a lot of different things from food to american style freezers but dont expect much variety. wholesale is a lot cheaper than retail prices but as i said, it is bulk so have plenty of money available and clear your boot. play it right and you can easily make your £30 back in one trip and you can take 2 guests with you

Scanny
13-06-2013, 03:36 PM
24th to 29th june 2013 only. in support of armed forces day
http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/armedforcesdayofferfacebook/