PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper

andyleaves
18-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Just a simple one...
As looking at the rear bumper of mine today, thinking about seating it correctly.

From what I can see I pretty much need to remove the boot interior to get the bolts holding the sides to the rest of the body work?

Really didn't want to take a crow bar to it :D

OH Yeah! one other thing. Does anyone else have a emergency flare in the passenger foot well? I think it's a flare, but then I have to go by the pictures as I can't read Jap! (Small Orange thing looks like a Cuban cigar case)

Wodjno
18-07-2010, 10:07 PM
OH Yeah! one other thing. Does anyone else have a emergency flare in the passenger foot well? I think it's a flare, but then I have to go by the pictures as I can't read Jap! (Small Orange thing looks like a Cuban cigar case)

Mine was fire engine red :D

andyleaves
18-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Glenn, define WAS?

Wodjno
18-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Glenn, define WAS?
Was when i had it /yes No longer have one.. So defined as "was" :laugh:

andyleaves
18-07-2010, 10:34 PM
And there was me thinking you might have set it off!!!

aboo
19-07-2010, 12:03 AM
I have one as well & its red.

Kryton
19-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Mine was red on fto + evos, both had expired by the time I got the cars so chickened out of setting them off :(

kinger
19-07-2010, 05:38 PM
They are meant to be removed when they are imported, as far as i know they are illegal.
but i left it in there and it went through the mot with it in just might have to watch out if you get pulled over and decide to go through the car.

Ghost_2008
19-07-2010, 06:36 PM
They are meant to be removed when they are imported, as far as i know they are illegal.
but i left it in there and it went through the mot with it in just might have to watch out if you get pulled over and decide to go through the car.

They are considered to be a fire arm/explosive.... however there is always reasonable deniability.........

Atik
19-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Back to the original question, yes, to get the rear bumper bolts, you need to access them from inside the spare wheel well area and via the rear light cluster access hatches. The one lowest down on the driver side is very awkward as the AYC gubbins is in the way. Once all the bolts are off, the bumper should just peel away from the car very easily. Its worth having a look at a picture of a bumper that is already off the car to see where the bolt locations are. (I have such a bumper, but not with me so cant post a pic up. I'm sure some other probably would which could help you.

And I never got the flare when I bought my car off Rich. My mate in his Subaru Legacy did though, but he was too chicken to set it off even though it was expired by a couple of years. lol

andyleaves
19-07-2010, 07:53 PM
They are considered to be a fire arm/explosive.... however there is always reasonable deniability.........

Yeah... Like I can read Jap :seeking:

Ghost_2008
19-07-2010, 07:57 PM
It's not a major issue, they come as standard in all Japland vehicles as a safety feature.......... but why would you question something thats obviously fitted to your car as standard???

kiteman
20-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I set off 3 of them, they are simply a flare and burn for a few minutes.
All white light and plenty of smoke. Nothing more.

kiteman
20-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I came upon this thread as I'll be removing a rear bumper soon. Has anyone a photo of the rear bumper off the car as Atik suggested.