PDA

View Full Version : insuring modded VR4's

nz_vr4_nz
28-08-2004, 04:35 AM
my insurance company (NZI) wont let me do any other mod to my VR4, they just let my Big Bore muffler through but wont let anything else.

SUX....!!!!
I only want a pod filter..they said no
asked about tints...they said no
no..to 17inch rims
no ....to straight through exhaust..

help please nz peps!!!!
what insurance companies do you people use...

Im in Hamilton by the way..keen to join the club too!!!
Hey anyone seen that HOT black VR4 in Hamilton here? rego: grimreaper???
ITS THE BOMB....LOOKS SH*T HOT!!!

ShadyNZer
29-08-2004, 07:04 AM
**** i didnt even ask my insurance company if it was alright to do my mods lol rat****....tho i do only have my learners and usually drive around without the full licensed driver anyways ahhh well....
as for tints theres a good place in aucks that does em for $260 life time warranty if u wanna check them out, they pretty cool chaps too...heres a pic of what they did to mine (not a very good pic tho)

chur

matsondawson
29-08-2004, 07:29 AM
bugger. I'm with NZI and want to do a few mods next year. I guess I'll have to find another company. My car came with tints, couldn't you just get them done and say it was factory?

Cheers,
Matt

my insurance company (NZI) wont let me do any other mod to my VR4, they just let my Big Bore muffler through but wont let anything else.

SUX....!!!!
I only want a pod filter..they said no
asked about tints...they said no
no..to 17inch rims
no ....to straight through exhaust..

help please nz peps!!!!
what insurance companies do you people use...

Im in Hamilton by the way..keen to join the club too!!!
Hey anyone seen that HOT black VR4 in Hamilton here? rego: grimreaper???
ITS THE BOMB....LOOKS SH*T HOT!!!

dickytim
29-08-2004, 07:50 AM
It all depends on how much you want to spend on your insurance, You could try NAC but you will have to fork out 150 odd/ monthv then have a 5,000 excess. Or you could try a broker, Mobile Insurance Consultants (look in the yellowpages) there is another In broker or something if you got to NZPC mag forums ask ZFETSH he'll tell you.

KiwiTT
29-08-2004, 11:27 PM
I am with AMi and all they asked was what Make and Model is was. Didn't even ask if it was a VR-4 or it had been modified. It had. ( 17" Alloys and Pod Filter.)

jtfleming
30-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Even if they don't ask, you still must tell them about mods otherwise they may not pay out, we have all seen the stories on Fair Go. Also if you mod the car at a later date you must tell them. I'm insured with AMI and they were more concerned the car was parked in a garage at night.

chris
10-09-2004, 02:41 AM
Im insured with AMI and as far as I know they will only ask abouts mods over $1500 i.e mags,etc

_simon_
20-09-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm with AMI as well, and they're also concerned with performance mods.
They wouldn't give me insurance for under 25s which kinda sucks as my partner is under 25 so she can't drive our car!!!! Oh well she turns 25 in a few months so its not worth kicking a fuss about but still.