PDA

View Full Version : FS 1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-M

VR4WGN
22-07-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=305540503

i hope you guys dont think im over boasting bout her:smitten:

wintertidenz
22-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Does it actually switch to the MIVEC cams now?

fuel
22-07-2010, 11:53 AM
so uh.. how fuel efficient did it end up being? :P

VR4WGN
22-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Does it actually switch to the MIVEC cams now?

when she wants too.. im drilling the oil pickup so i get more oil through then it will be fine

VR4WGN
22-07-2010, 08:03 PM
so uh.. how fuel efficient did it end up being? :P

when she was not healthy it was best at 265km but now its last masterton run fetched 360,dont know bout it now a sit seems better so may be more im hoping BUT...

going by a ST-r usage its n par now

mattnz
23-07-2010, 04:32 AM
I thought the VR-M was an East Asia thing, not Europe?

fuel
23-07-2010, 05:22 AM
yeah that's what I thought too - available in Hong Kong and Singapore I think.

bradc
23-07-2010, 07:02 AM
The engine is from an FTO. The car originally had a 2.4 boat anchor

KHK
23-07-2010, 07:06 AM
i thought too VRM available in Hong Kong and Singapore only
but
recently i find that within Japan territory also has VRM, they didn't export all of them

VR4WGN
23-07-2010, 07:10 AM
fixed

fuel
23-07-2010, 11:21 AM
weird you would have thought if Japan had the VR-M that at least one of them would have found its way to NZ as a used import. I certainly haven't seen any mention of the VR-M model on Japanese brochures or specification sites.

bradc
23-07-2010, 12:26 PM
None were sold new in Japan. It is possible I guess as Keith suggested that some didn't make the boat trip over to Hong Kong and Singapore

Fully
24-07-2010, 06:59 AM
I would never buy a car out of there due to there high humidly.

Im confused? what is it 4wd or 2 wd?

Jamlerts New!

We have found some warnings for the vehicle:

Licence expired 2 weeks 6 days ago on 4th July 2010.
WOF expired 4 months 3 weeks 1 day ago on 3rd March 2010.
Last WOF inspection did not pass.
Odometer readings are inconsistent and jump backwards sometimes.
Never miss a warning for this vehicle — get Jamlerts by email

There may be more warnings for this vehicle in the CarJam Report because we have access to more information.

Has the vehicle been reported stolen or of interest to the New Zealand Police? Find out in the CarJam Report or login to find out for free

If you have found a potential issue with a vehicle which we have not picked up please let us know.

Registration expires: This month = Very bad Do not BS mate!
You have also Lowered the KM's.
171,716 2009, September 3rd Vs Your Kilometres: 123,000km
You should be more professional as you are a trader!
Very miss leading ;)

dickytim
24-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I would never buy a car out of there due to there high humidly.

Im confused? what is it 4wd or 2 wd?

Registration expires: This month = Very bad Do not BS mate!
You have also Lowered the KM's.
171,716 2009, September 3rd Vs Your Kilometres: 123,000km
You should be more professional as you are a trader!
Very miss leading ;)

Since we are 3 weeks into this month I think it is fair that the rego expired this month, that isn't BS.

Probably not a bad idea to mention the k's are from the new dash and the actual k's are a bit higher, however I'd be more interested in the k's on the engine and gearbox as that is more relivent.

fuel
24-07-2010, 08:13 AM
it's 4WD, it started out as an EC3W 2.4 GDI 4WD now it's technically more EC4W spec with 2.0 V6 MIVEC and still 4WD but now 5spd manual instead of I assume a tiptronic originally.

I do agree with the kms though, I would rather know what the body and suspension has done rather than the engine, which we really don't know for sure what it could have done as the donor car could have had an engine replacement at some stage too.

bradc
24-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Again Fully, it isn't from south east asia. As Phil said, it is an EC3W 2.4 GDI 4wd that has been re-engined.

The FTO engine had done low km's, I remember that much. I can't remember exactly what though.

VR4WGN
24-07-2010, 02:39 PM
yup so lets get facts straight before shooting ankles or youmay trip!!!

engine indeed has done LESS than that,body has from memory done 170 witrh 1 owner(my friend)

lastly you need to read before trying to put my car down ok!! listing tells the story and details needed ok as mentiond it WILL come with a wof n reg n cert but thats not YOUR concern Fully.. its mine!

now how bout not spammin it up..
iom not a fraudster,if you think i am tell me upfront and dont be shy!!

from my time iv come to know most people purchase a car wanting to know the kms on the engine not the car anyhow.. thats the majority speaking!!!

Fully
25-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Firstly I never said It come from Singapore or HK, I was just stating a fact.

Come on admit it, It is misleading!

Expires this month, (to me) means it still has some time on it, But had clearly Expired on the time of the auction was put up.

2ndly I never bagged your car or put it down.

3rdly Have you heard of Consumer Guarantees Act?
This was more directed at you - so **** doesnt come back and bite you in the arse!

4thly @bradc 123k km's is not low k's. Is that the engine Km's?

5thly - It has no WOF and no Reg - How does the potential buyer test drive it? Nuff said!

fuel
25-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm not sure about Q's situation but for me as a dealer often I don't have WOF or reg on my cars when it comes time to advertise - reason being that unless I auction off the car 'as is where is' I have to sell a car with a WOF no less than 28 days old at time of sale, so it can be pointless WOF'ing a car, and having to WOF it again if it takes more than 28 days to sell the car. Same with registration, when a car is added to the dealer network if the cars registration expires it no longer is continuous, and the date to renew the rego starts from the date of sale or when I purchase a new rego. Having said that I do have dealer plates which more or less allows me to drive a no WOF/reg car on the road for road testing purposes legally.

KHK
25-07-2010, 07:07 AM
If i am a potential buyer

1) i don't care whether car is from Singapore/HK/Japan/ wherever
2) i don't care it has WOF or Reg this moment, i'd expect the seller to get it done before changeover
3) 123k km is not low but not high, in NZ, rent a car always has mileage over 150k km and still drive excellent; my mate's mazda is 220k km and still runs fine except the ugly exterior

4) the hurdle for this VRM legnum to be sold is to compete with other VR4 in the used car market

VR4WGN
25-07-2010, 07:48 PM
you list an auction when the rego expires on the same month as the lisitng is listed!!!! wahts fraudulant about that, enough said i said it will be legal upon sale,if you dotn like it shut up !