PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Legnum VR4 Silver

Jared81
22-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Well it's time to let go!

Car failed its warrant, and is currently unregistered.

WOF issues:

Front left fog lamp needs to be replaced
Excessive play front right tie rod end

and the biggest punch to the gut...

Damage to the underside of the chassis that will require a panel beater to inspect/repair. I have absolutely no idea how this happened as I haven't been driving the car like a madman, and definitely haven't been involved in any crashes etc. Some people have said that the mechanic was probably just being a bit hard, but I'd rather know about potential problems as opposed to not knowing.

I didn't bother getting a quote from a panel beater, because the repair bill was already getting to the $500.00 mark, and that was just for the other WOF issues (it's hard when you don't have mates that are mechanically minded...)

There were a couple of other issues identified by the mechanic, something to do with solenoids or vacuum switches or something (clearly cars aren't my forté!) and that part was quoted at $324.00 or so.

I decided it was better to just use the money for a deposit on another car instead.

ANYWAY - there is now a car up for grabs. I'm looking at $2000, but happy to consider offers. :)

I'm moving house this weekend, but I'll take some photos if there's enough interest here.

bradc
22-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd love to see some pics. What part of the country are you in?

VR4WGN
22-07-2010, 07:59 PM
and how much you want for it... ill buy it...

VR4WGN
22-07-2010, 07:59 PM
ill give you $1450 cash today!!

Jared81
22-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the interest guys, I live in Hamilton.

I'm looking for a quick sale, so $1450 is fine by me.

dickytim
22-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey Jared,

I had a small amount of chassis damage to mine at one stage, the dealer had tried to cover it up with bog, I went next door to the testing station and they had a look for me and called up their head office, because it was not structual they couldn't fail me on it.

Might be worth a second opinion.

Jared81
22-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey Jared,

I had a small amount of chassis damage to mine at one stage, the dealer had tried to cover it up with bog, I went next door to the testing station and they had a look for me and called up their head office, because it was not structual they couldn't fail me on it.

Might be worth a second opinion.

Thanks for the advice DT.

I've spent quite a bit sorting out different issues with the car in the 12 months since I bought it, and after the WOF issues and other things mentioned in my original post, I simply gave up!

I know owning a car is never going to be cheap, and certainly not an investment, but I think a basic level of enjoyment is something a driver is entitled to. :P

bradc
22-07-2010, 08:46 PM
They have changed the rules recently though about chassis damage and are much stricter on it now.

dickytim
22-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the advice DT.

I've spent quite a bit sorting out different issues with the car in the 12 months since I bought it, and after the WOF issues and other things mentioned in my original post, I simply gave up!

I know owning a car is never going to be cheap, and certainly not an investment, but I think a basic level of enjoyment is something a driver is entitled to. :P

No worries, I am sorry that you didn't get to enjoy your car they are a great car when they go right. I know the feeling of having a car that you can never seem to go right and the stress that takes from the enjoyment of owning it.

VR4WGN
22-07-2010, 09:19 PM
ok 0277210104 is my number,give me a ring,i will see if you live near brad and if brad can go pick it up and pay you,ill pay him today or twhatever he decides..
Brad ring me plz if you may sir

bradc
22-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I can pick it up on the weekend no drama's but I don't have $1450 spare. I can pay for half though, $725 :)

fuel
22-07-2010, 11:55 PM
PM'd

fuel
22-07-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm here in Hamilton guys and have a fairly flexible schedule during the day and evenings so I can go look at it and post back my findings for you guys if you like.

VR4WGN
23-07-2010, 01:20 AM
thanx fuel for the offer bud i apreciate that,um pics wud be good but im pretty confidnt by the description its in good nic apart from the mentioned so im happy with it,
Brad thats fine i can credit you now if you send me bank details asap youll have the $$ by Satday 1am
~Q~

VR4WGN
24-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Big thanx to Brad and Carsten for my new clutch firstly...and for the pickup form the airport and drop off in hamilton... Love the VR Brad!!!!!

and a huge thank you to Jared for the VR4, you described it as if it was in ont too good shape but im stoiked with the condition,im very happy with it.. and the trip went great!!

hope all goes well with the move and you enjoy the Tezza ok

thanx again to all you guys and the quick thinking today

im wasted

bradc
24-07-2010, 09:50 PM
How was the fuel consumption?

Gly
24-07-2010, 09:57 PM
good to see you made it back home in one piece,

did you get funny looks taking suspension as carry on?? :)

bradc
24-07-2010, 10:00 PM
It was all in a suitcase, so noone would have known. Do they scan domestic baggage in the radar thingees now? They didn't last time I was on a domestic flight.

Johny
24-07-2010, 11:37 PM
so you drove an unregistered unwarranted car from hamiltion to palmy? pretty ballsy lol

VR4WGN
25-07-2010, 12:01 AM
nope johny it "was" still within its limits anyhow so all was good...
Brad iv squeezed 465km out of a full tank at Caltex on exit of Hamz so im pretty stoked its consumtion is acceptable..

Carsten i was a bit suspect at first that they may not have allowed it but they did at 30kg they didnt even flinch however said its changing to 23kg in august lol,so lucky us!!!!!!!!

felt sorry for the bag tossers trying to toss that uppy over their heads lol...

fuel
25-07-2010, 12:54 AM
yeah the one I had a coupla weeks back was terrible - like 300kms out of a tank. I thought I had a reason to complain about getting a max of 450kms out of the 55L tank in my E39A VR-4 all open road driving but evidently not, there are worse out there!

Good work with getting it for that amount, Jared was too kind! I came and had a nosey at it but you got to him before me, was reading through all the receipts etc it certainly was a bargain for that price.

No doubt you will have a spare air con display unit but if you don't I have one floating around.

Also I often drive no wof/reg cars around the country when I pick up other dealer trade ins, as long as you're not driving like a muppet the chances of getting pulled over are slim.

bradc
25-07-2010, 04:16 AM
On the same stretch from Bombay to Palmy I've done 500km to 44 litres and that was in a completely stock manual VR-4. I sat at 110kmh the entire way pretty much.