PDA

View Full Version : Tein coilover adjustment?

Humpty's Revenge
22-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I know I have a 50/50 hear but can someone please tell me what way you turn the top ring to make the car higher that`s got tein coilovers, many thanks./wall

I think it`s anti clockwise?

miller
22-07-2010, 02:29 PM
i think its anti-clockwise to rise.......

emphasis on think.....from watching my mechanic do my Apexi coilovers

Humpty's Revenge
22-07-2010, 02:32 PM
i think its anti-clockwise to rise.......

emphasis on think.....from watching my mechanice do my Apexi coilovers

Thanks Mike your a star /GJ

The Vee
22-07-2010, 04:14 PM
You sure? On mine it's clockwise to raise the ring up the strut, raising spring seat, lifting car. Hmmmmm
Of course easy to confirm - once lower ring is released, just spin it up and down and see which way it turns for the movement

The Vee
22-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Just had a thought on this:anxious: It depends on whether your minds eye is looking from the top or the bottom!!

miller
22-07-2010, 04:35 PM
my car was 6' in the air on a lift at the time so i take it i was looking up ie from the bottom?

I could be wrong Steve.....its from memory watching someone else do it!!

Humpty's Revenge
22-07-2010, 05:18 PM
my car was 6' in the air on a lift at the time so i take it i was looking up ie from the bottom?

I could be wrong Steve.....its from memory watching someone else do it!!

Thanks guys but it was the same as I thought and what you did say Mike. I was looking directly at the strut from dead on and it was anti-clockwise to lift the car up.

What looks like happens is the spring platform when turned so the spring is compressed takes the car up. It`s probably very simple for those that have done countless ones but for a coilover virgin like myself it does look very strange winding the spring up to higher the car when your brain is saying that should lower it.

Anyway thanks guys for your input but tis done now!!:thumbsup:

Barney
22-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Unlike mine where myself and others have been unable to shift the rings due to rust!
Guess I'll just stay low for a while