PDA

View Full Version : ebay diesel performance box

lancerevo3
26-07-2010, 11:07 PM
has anyone used the diesel performance boxes from ebay?
thinking about getting one for an octavia tdi.

thanks in advance
mark

Nutter_John
26-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Be carefull on the ones you use as some do nothing more than fool the ecu into pushing more fuel by adding a resistor onto the fuel pressure sensor .

Remap is always the better option

Wodjno
27-07-2010, 05:34 AM
I bought 1 for Mrs Wodjies Alfa about 18months ago. I took it off half an hour after fitting it!
Not because it didn't work, but because it made clutch slip like twat in the torque zone.
I dix some initial testing of 30-70mph times without it in 3rd gear and the car was average 9secs. After fitting the box and with the clutch slipping, the average was 7sec. Accelerating out of junctions made for plenty of wheel spin and then clutch slip when it made traction. Since taking it off i have not had the clutch slip, even in extreme conditions ie: Fully loaded, up hill, high gear and in the torque zone.
So the increased torque was phenomenal, and without the clutch slipping i think 30-70mph would be close to 6 sec /yes
I was going to wait for the clutch to slip from natural causes, then replace it with an uprated 1 so i could refit the box of tricks, but it still hasn't happened.
It's also supposed to give better fuel consumption(obviously not while 30-70mph testing :) )
But as i never had it fitted long enough to find out, i can't comment on that side of things.
The box sit's in a draw in my garage just waiting for the clutch to slip, so it can see the light of day again.
The cost was £90, and that's the main reason i thought i'd give it a try. If it didn't work i hadn't lost a fortune..
It was also just plug and play.
If u can wait until Thursday i can let you know what it was called, unless i remember before then ?

Cheers

Wodj

bowz
27-07-2010, 01:00 PM
If your going to get one go for the spider tuning brand as they come with a 12 month engine & transmission warrenty.

lancerevo3
28-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I bought 1 for Mrs Wodjies Alfa about 18months ago. I took it off half an hour after fitting it!
Not because it didn't work, but because it made clutch slip like twat in the torque zone.
I dix some initial testing of 30-70mph times without it in 3rd gear and the car was average 9secs. After fitting the box and with the clutch slipping, the average was 7sec. Accelerating out of junctions made for plenty of wheel spin and then clutch slip when it made traction. Since taking it off i have not had the clutch slip, even in extreme conditions ie: Fully loaded, up hill, high gear and in the torque zone.
So the increased torque was phenomenal, and without the clutch slipping i think 30-70mph would be close to 6 sec /yes
I was going to wait for the clutch to slip from natural causes, then replace it with an uprated 1 so i could refit the box of tricks, but it still hasn't happened.
It's also supposed to give better fuel consumption(obviously not while 30-70mph testing :) )
But as i never had it fitted long enough to find out, i can't comment on that side of things.
The box sit's in a draw in my garage just waiting for the clutch to slip, so it can see the light of day again.
The cost was £90, and that's the main reason i thought i'd give it a try. If it didn't work i hadn't lost a fortune..
It was also just plug and play.
If u can wait until Thursday i can let you know what it was called, unless i remember before then ?

Cheers

Wodj
please do that would be great,the one i seen was also £90 and i had the same thought about not losing a fortune.
i agree that a remap would be best,but i just very curious about something like the one wodj has for the money.

AlanDITD
28-07-2010, 10:36 PM
We bought one for my mothers astra CDTI...

Plugged it in took it down to my mates rolling road and it was bang on...more power fueling was fine etc etc....

80quid i think it was.

lancerevo3
28-07-2010, 10:43 PM
ya its worth a shot for the money,what was the name of that brand alan?

AlanDITD
28-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Hmm i honestly dont rememeber mate, my mum may still have the email with the details ill check for you.

lancerevo3
30-07-2010, 10:06 PM
any luck with brand names lads?

1timeVR4
30-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I had one From DTUK for a vauxhall combo 1.7 cdti. It worked certainly and very well too but be warned eventually things will start to break, injectors etc.....

My advice, get it done properly, go for a remap, bigger injectors etc. Better in the long run.

Wodjno
30-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I just took a look at the 1 i got.. It's not branded.. I thought it was !

AlanDITD
30-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Sorry mate i havent been in touch with my mum for a few days, ill try her tomorow :)

ritch_w
31-07-2010, 12:16 PM
some are sophisticated, some are resistors, you pays your money.

http://tuning-diesels.com/ these ones are supposed to be very good.

I went for the remap option, costs a bit more but worth it

lancerevo3
01-08-2010, 04:24 PM
thanks for the replys people