PDA

View Full Version : Anti pinch windows

danatnorth
27-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Hello!
I know its a bit of a cheek but does anyone know how to fix my passenger window? If you let it auto up from the drivers controls it goes to the top and then comes back down about five inches!! You can then manually get it to the top but it is a real pain in the A!!
Sorry for coming on here and straight away wanting advice but if anyone knows of a reset or the part i need hopefully you lot will1
Cheers
Dan.

elnevio
27-07-2010, 06:49 PM
When does it do it - all the time? Or only at speed?

danatnorth
27-07-2010, 07:02 PM
all the the time
The bloke i brought it off said its a dody sensor but i thought id ask here before i investigate!

Nutter_John
27-07-2010, 07:03 PM
as with everything in life lubrication is needed

Wodjno
27-07-2010, 07:15 PM
As Nutter John says /yes

Is the Passenger window slower than the driver window ?

TAR
27-07-2010, 08:38 PM
They have a safety feature whereby they will stop and reopen if they encounter resistance before they reach their natural closed position. This is to stop you strangling the kid/dog/missus when they stick their head out the window.

You will probably find that the runners are full of crap or worst case (but unlikely) the motor is shagged. A good clean might be all it needs.

:happy:

danatnorth
29-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi ive taken the door card off and there seems to be too much space between the two window runners causing the glass to be slightly miss directed! i dont think there is any way of moving them closer together, but will have a go!
Dan.

Atik
29-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Post up a pic if you can, as you may be simply missing a small rubber seal/guide which causes the glass to move around.

MPBVr4
29-07-2010, 04:19 PM
PP had a tendancy to do this when I owned it. The mighty "K" suggested talcum
powder on the runners to stop "grabbing" one side. It worked!!

sonicsoundzdj
03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
if you have aftermarket wind deflectors on this can cause it to stop at the top and come back down a few inches.

rees
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
mine did that , oil on the edge of the wndows as nutter says

Barney
04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
This is to stop you strangling the kid/dog/missus when they stick their head out the window.

:happy:

Anybody know of
a). A way of disabling the sensor and
b). A sure fired way of making the Mrs stick her head out the window

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Dom B
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Mine does this too. It seems to be that the window doesn't know that it is in the parked position. Ie. when it feels resistance when 99.9% closed it should just stop the motor as normal and hey presto window closed. But if it senses resistance at a position where there is a gap then it should automatically back off several inches and stop but it should never happen when there is no gap between window and top of the frame.

This got me thinking and i did a bit of fiddling. If the slides are ok could the fact that the sensor circuit thinks that the current draw is not right at that point could it be a voltage problem.

What i found is that when cruising at 3000-3500rpm ie pretty much maximum alternator output the window does the annoying bounce open when you shut it. But if i press the clutch and let the engine drop to idle the window shuts every time. I wonder if there is a trimmer potentiometer to set the trip limit at the factory that has moved over the years and made it too sensitive so when the voltage is marginally higher it trips.

Nick Mann
04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
What i found is that when cruising at 3000-3500rpm ie pretty much maximum alternator output the window does the annoying bounce open when you shut it. But if i press the clutch and let the engine drop to idle the window shuts every time. I wonder if there is a trimmer potentiometer to set the trip limit at the factory that has moved over the years and made it too sensitive so when the voltage is marginally higher it trips.

When cruising, opening a rear window before closing the front window solves my problem. Every time. I'll try the revs thing next time I think about it.