PDA

View Full Version : gauges and a BOV

Pugme
29-07-2010, 06:58 PM
well the time is near, ill be joining as a full member tomorrow, and as of sunday my little pug is gone and i can drive the leggy so basically as im working my way thru the staged mods, im looking for advice firstly on gauges.

iv seen the 3 in a clock thread and think it looks the nuts and will be attempting something along them lines, when i bought the car i was told it at one point had defi gauges in it so the sensors are still there, but to get boost oil temp and pressure its looking about £600!! im not tight but the hell with that!!

so whats a good gauge im looking for 70% accuracy (i appreciate 100% accuracy costs good money!) and 100% looks, id like them to look sort of OEM so they match nicely with the original clocks. and as said ill be looing for boost, oil temp and pressure.

now as for the BOV when i drove the car home from buying it i didnt seem to hear much in the way of "ppppttttsssshhhhhhhh" sort of noises, i have no idea what BOV is on there but id like something that sounds pretty cool, and is off a good quality, what do you guys recommend from experience?

aboo
29-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a Auto gauge for boost & it go's really well with the dash. As for Bov I went for a cheap HKS replica of ebay & have been really happy with it.

Pugme
30-07-2010, 08:29 AM
i found a couple of videos on youtube of a legnum with a sard r2d2 (im a star wars geek) is there much performance difference in bovs? and is this one any good?

gareth001
30-07-2010, 09:33 AM
i found a couple of videos on youtube of a legnum with a sard r2d2 (im a star wars geek) is there much performance difference in bovs? and is this one any good?

Don't quote me on this - but I think the better the BOV, the more pressure it can handle. Which is why you would upgrade the standard bypass valve because around the 1psi area it doesn't perform that well.

However there are many threads on here discussing if you should get a BOV as the car is origionally setup to work with a bypass valve and not a BOV other changes like ECU.

John TheAntique
30-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Get a Nomad from Amber performance in Dunstable they areabout £80 make a great noise and wil take any boost you can throw at it. You can get good gauges from www.rspec.co.uk If you are about tomorrow I'll show you

mattnz
30-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Just get a free flowing filter and boost controller and it'll make a nice sound. I suppose you'll have to replace the dump valve anyway though, if it's factory.

Pugme
30-07-2010, 03:29 PM
cheers lads, well on the gauge front iv been offered some smoked autogauge ones, which ill pm later :)

i rang amber, the sard one is discontinued, andthey said nomad just do universal stuff andthey recommended a blitz one, at 233 quid! on commission is he! lol

trouble is my mates just told me how much the full service cambelt oils etc is gonna be 7-750! so everything else is now on hold with a holiday to spain, a ring trip, and a trip to wales this month, itll be next month b4 i buy anything for the car :(

John TheAntique
30-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Talk to Nutter-John his unit is only down the road from you