PDA

View Full Version : dump valve fitting?

Wobble
02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
right i have just received my second hand VTA dump valve . without even looking under the car i can tell that the normal vr4 pipe will not be a snug fit to go on the new VTA about 10mm different how doo i get around this?

Also i need a cap to bung the other pipe where do i find that?

wish i hadnt bothered now and brought a new one with the correct attachments.

cheers dave

Ghost_2008
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
As a very cheap bung, I have used a lucazade bottle lid, it's a perfect fit and I have secured it with a jubilee clip on the outside of the pipe....... I was going to change it but I never got round to it........ and no need to really.........

Depending on the bov you have purchased you can pick up different fitments, dont give up on the fitting it........ if you have a picture of the bov or even the make and model someone will probably show you what you need.....

Wobble
02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
teh size differents......

Ralliart1
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
The standard`s flange is 34mm,mesure the flange on VTA and check on ebay for some silicone hose coupler reducer and a 34mm straight flange.
Is just an idea...

Ralliart1
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/32-25mm-1-straight-reducer-Silicone-Hose-BLACK-/280423156471?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item414a85caf7

This one maybe would be ok.

Wodjno
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
right i have just received my second hand VTA dump valve . without even looking under the car i can tell that the normal vr4 pipe will not be a snug fit to go on the new VTA about 10mm different how doo i get around this?

Also i need a cap to bung the other pipe where do i find that?

wish i hadnt bothered now and brought a new one with the correct attachments.

cheers dave

Dave

Chill out mate. Why didn't you just PM me with the probs instead of posting on here and making it sound like you have been hard done by :unbeleeva
I've been a busy man of late and it had slipped my mind about the bung, and i didn't look at the fitting for the dumpvalve, but it must still be on the car !
I'm going to the car in the next hour(infact i just got back from there :p )
I'm just waiting for a fellow club member to arrive from Germany to pick some parts up. /Steeringw
When i'm back there i'll take off the bitz and pop them in the post tomorrow /yes
Theres always an easy solution to these probs ;)

Cheers

Wodj

Wobble
02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
wasnt having a moan about you . didnt want to bother you about a bung if i could have done an easy fix my self. i thought that the other attachment needed i would get my self .

If you can help out then great , problem solved .:beerchug:

Wodjno
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
wasnt having a moan about you . didnt want to bother you about a bung if i could have done an easy fix my self. i thought that the other attachment needed i would get my self .

If you can help out then great , problem solved .:beerchug:

Sorry .. But maybe i misunderstood when u typed " I wish i hadn't bothered"

But no worries and sorry for the hiccup.

I'll get the bitz in a little while.

Cheers

Wodj

Wobble
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry .. But maybe i misunderstood when u typed " I wish i hadn't bothered"

But no worries and sorry for the hiccup.

I'll get the bitz in a little while.

Cheers

Wodj

will give you a big hug when i see you next wodj./grouphug

sorry if i came across as a moody t**t have had a nightmare few days/Hissy

cheers Dave :smitten: