PDA

View Full Version : boost/fuel cut in Legnum VR4

pieboy
30-08-2004, 02:28 AM
Hey,

I rekon that its hitting the boost cut/fuel cut. As its happens regardless of gear but its always at wide open trottle or when hard excelerating under load.

The cars totally factory so no boost controll etc. I'll check all the hoses tonight to make sure nothings come loose, but I was having a good sniff round and didn't notice anything.

What could be stopping the factory boost cut? could stuck open factory BOV maybee? boost controll soleniod? any sugestions or comments would be great.

thanks
q

Physician
30-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Hey,

I rekon that its hitting the boost cut/fuel cut. As its happens regardless of gear but its always at wide open trottle or when hard excelerating under load.

The cars totally factory so no boost controll etc. I'll check all the hoses tonight to make sure nothings come loose, but I was having a good sniff round and didn't notice anything.

What could be stopping the factory boost cut? could stuck open factory BOV maybee? boost controll soleniod? any sugestions or comments would be great.

thanks
q

Try switching your TCL off and see if it still happens.

pieboy
30-08-2004, 03:19 AM
Hey,

thanks I'll try that tonight, it'll also do it in higher gears when undr load, i.e. passing on a hill, which is why I rekon its hitting the fuel cut at full boost.

thanks
q

Physician
30-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Hey,

thanks I'll try that tonight, it'll also do it in higher gears when undr load, i.e. passing on a hill, which is why I rekon its hitting the fuel cut at full boost.

thanks
q

OK ...... also have a look at this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541&highlight=fuel+cut) and use the search facility for "fuel cut" to get some other ideas on where the problem may be.

-LegnumVR4-
30-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey,

thanks
q

When in the rpms does this cut happen? About 4000rpms?

Well everything could look stock under the bonnet but if the factory wastegates have been'tweaked' to lift boost (a matter of undoing the nuts and giving the wastegate bolt a couple of twists) then u'll be hitting boost cut as the air temps at the moment are low causing cut. If not then there maybe a small leak in one of the hoses that controls boost.

Crappy spark plugs can cause problems which one person has come across.

Rhys

ako
19-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Spark plugs.. That'd be me :D

Feels JUST like a fuel cut - when it could well be as simple a matter of regapping your spark plugs - about .7mm should fix the problem if thats where it lies. Always helps to get rid of the little things first!