PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason for shudder around 20-30 mph

GalantOnly
03-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Now it's officially (in my mind): the reason for slight shudder/vibration from the front of the car CAN be caused by LOWERING SPRINGS.

I had couple of Galants that did that, but I never really realized what was wrong. But today - changed 80mm lowering to 40mm - the vibrations is gone.

On another car, I changed 40mm to original springs - it helped on vibrations too... But I thought that it was lucky coinsidence. Apparently not.

Don't know why the're tend to vibrate, but they do /Hissy

Just wanted to share it with you, guys /yes

fluffnik
04-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Don't know why the're tend to vibrate, but they do /Hissy

Driveshaft angles? :inquisiti

GalantOnly
04-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Driveshaft angles? :inquisiti

Yeah... But why most of our cars don't do that even with bottom-lowered coilovers? :inquisiti

thugbulletproof
31-12-2010, 07:13 PM
track rods ends could be shot, jacked upthe car rocked the wheel left to right with ur hands to see if ther is a play

HOODY
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
autobox oil change?

The Vee
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
It is most likely the drive shaft angles - especially on higher mileage cars. There is a mod which is basically an 1/8th thickness washer placed over the stub axle which sits flush between the hub and the CV joint. This still allows insertion of the locking split pin in the hub nut but just alters the angle enough to "mostly" remove the vibration.

GalantOnly
09-01-2011, 07:01 PM
It is most likely the drive shaft angles - especially on higher mileage cars. There is a mod which is basically an 1/8th thickness washer placed over the stub axle which sits flush between the hub and the CV joint. This still allows insertion of the locking split pin in the hub nut but just alters the angle enough to "mostly" remove the vibration.

That's interesting /yes