PDA

View Full Version : What do we know about these?

Subaru ETA
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
saw one of these on the motorway the other day

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Audi/auction-306301847.htm

a rear piece of kit...has anyone had anything to do with them?

charlie munace
04-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Awesome cars man can't say I know alot about them but they were the fastest station wagon in the world when they came out.
Price seems fair to, I wish i had a lazy 25k lying around.......

fluffnik
04-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Nice car!

There are a couple that come out to play on the PistonHeads runs in Scotland from time to time, they move well. :)

Subaru ETA
04-08-2010, 01:42 AM
quite interested iin them.. with the work i have been doing with audi (and the audi track day) i have grown to like them.

but next car i buy is going to be a toy which im going to build so i guess that car doesnt fit the bill...

Ryan
04-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Had a mate at school who's Dad owned one of these and they are pretty quick!

bradc
04-08-2010, 06:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS2_Avant

Doesn't sound much faster than a VR-4 :)

Ryan
04-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Like a VR-4 gets from 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds... in terms of 0-100 times, that is quite a bit better than a VR-4.

Subaru ETA
04-08-2010, 06:28 AM
i would say that it would be quite abit quicker than a vr4! if you want to lend me the money ill buy it and we will see! :p

Ryan
04-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Well when I had my spin in it as a passenger in 1996 it would have been at the most 2 years old. It was the fastest car I'd been in at the time prior to my E36 M3 jaunt (the 3.2L).

I was impressed and was quite enthusiastic about it as turbo'd cars were uncommon in South Africa at the time.

mike74
04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Years ago I used to own an Audi S2 Coupe with the same engine in it. By fook did it fly!
A couple of points to note though; parts are extortionate for them, the steering is very much powered ie theres very little feedback from the wheels (at any speed), if the engine's done over about 90k miles then they recommend rebuilding the lump before any serious power gains can be had & I found that it wasn't that great in the snow/ice! I was parked up once in a pub car park dropping some people off with about 1/2" snow on the ground. I was parked facing across a slight incline & went to move off (gently I may add) & the bloomin thing did a 180 degree pirouet on the spot!! Don't get me wrong, they're great cars but if anything starts to go wrong with them then you might as well hand over your wallet to the stealership. (which up here were a bunch of clueless, money grabbing counts)
In saying all that, it was still one of the fastest cars I've ever driven & if you manage to find a good, low mileage one then you should be fine n dandy :)