PDA

View Full Version : How easy/hard is it to bypass an imobiliser?

SGHOM
05-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Any ideas? /help

Unfortunatly, I'm talking saaaab here.

When I press the fob button, it opens the doors & disables the alarm & imobiliser..... But only on a Thursday with a following wind in the dead of night when the sun is out & gmtv is on !! The rest of the time it point blank refuses to open /pan

It's not the batteries or the fob, it's the signal between the fob & the car. Can this be easily bypassed??

Someone told me I would need a new ecu @ a cost of £150 + vat + fitting !! :inquisiti
I would be quite happy to open the car just using the key ........ Any ideas??

Turbo_Steve
05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
No simple answer to that one.
If the immobiliser is a little box on it's own (like an aftermarket one) then it's just a case of finding it \ the relays it connects to and doing away with them.

However, if it's a manufacturers alarm, and is linked to the ECU, then it can get very complicated very quickly.

How old is your car, Derek - it makes a big difference.

ANTHONY
05-08-2010, 07:33 PM
park the car in manchester for the day theres bound to sombody to sort it out

SGHOM
05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Manufacturers alarm Steve...... Apparently it's been a biatch since chris came in to possesion of the car :speechles

chris g
05-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Hold fob under your chin, press button and signal may get through....

Well it works on roof of Tesco's in Sutton when alarm/imobiliser would not respond...

Something to do with bones in skull helping the signal along...

Give it a go in your local pub car park...

May attract attention of community mental health services but just tell them your head is an amplifier...

horndog
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
If its a saab in sheffield have you tried "phil smith - saab spares and repairs" local independant garage, I've used him for 5 years or so and he sorted my 9-5 alarm when it was playing up. He's on east coast road, down attercliff area

SGHOM
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
If its a saab in sheffield have you tried "phil smith - saab spares and repairs" local independant garage, I've used him for 5 years or so and he sorted my 9-5 alarm when it was playing up. He's on east coast road, down attercliff area

Cheers for that!

I know phil, bought from him before. I'm waiting till I get the saaaab back, then I'll ring his son, ian ........ Better deal I've been told /GJ

SGHOM
23-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Cheers for the replies peeps.

Just been phil smiths.... Got a new ecu fitted & working. Got a NSF door. Got a new tyre fitted & balanced. Got my windscreen washers & headlight wash / wipe working. Got new wiper arms & blades all round...... & got a spare DI cartridge .......... Just in case !

All for £115 !! :bananadan

horndog
23-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Good one,
Im off there later this week for 12month service and MOT on the 9-5,

Got 1 massive problem though.
It means i have to leave the wife with the VR4