PDA

View Full Version : Changing a tailgate

PaddyB
05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Are there any tips/tricks when changing a tailgate, or snags to be avoided.

It all seems quite simple apart from the wiring so I'm thinking I'm probably missing something.

Cheers.

Nick Mann
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
It's fecking heavy!

I seem to remember the wiring is easier to remove from the car than the tailgate. There is also the washer pipework to sort. It's been a very long time since I did it!

PaddyB
05-08-2010, 05:45 PM
It's fecking heavy!

I seem to remember the wiring is easier to remove from the car than the tailgate. There is also the washer pipework to sort. It's been a very long time since I did it!

If brawn is required I'll be OK - it's the brains bit that catches me out.

So are the some connectors for the tailgate wiring inside the car buried under (above??) the headlining ??

The washer on mine is just a flexipipe between the car & tailgate - looks like it should pull of.

PaddyB
05-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Just had a gander in the manual & there's a harness connector just inside the car. :)

It looks like it could be a pain to adjust it correctly tho' - hanging doors has never been a forte of mine.

GalantOnly
05-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Saloon got connector in the trunk, but estates don't... It's quite illogical:huh:
So removing loom inside the tailgate on estate is the easiest way to do it. There are two connectors inside the tailgate for this job

I removed a lot of tailgates in my life and never had any adjustment issues. So don't worry about that /yes