PDA

View Full Version : Mitsi recall

JTG
08-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Ok, so some may have seen recently I have had a lower arm failure on the driver side which has ripped the driveshaft out with it.

I remember checking a link when I bought the car, which needed translating from Jap to Eng and told me that my car was eligible for a recall for the lower arms. Does anybody have a link which still works? I believe the one I used in the member area just says 'page cannot be displayed' now.

Also, what are the chances of Mitsi taking care of this under warranty for me? A mate of mine who used to work for Mitsi just came to take a look and said if I really am still entitled to a recall then they should recover the car and repair the damage caused by the failure under warranty.

I will be phoning my local stealer in the morning but was wondering if anybody has any advice or input on the situation?

Many thanks

Kryton
08-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Yep, its:

http://recall.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/Recall/resultrecallstatus.do

JTG
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Hmm nobody has any idea if I'll get any luck going down that route?

With the link above, I struggled to get it to translate properly but it appears the bottom arm recall is still outstanding. I have phoned mitsi and they should be getting back to me on whether or not it's due a recall, haven't told them the arm has actually failed yet.....

Kryton
09-08-2010, 04:00 PM
They should still replace the arms under the recall if due but doubt they will pay for any damaged caused by it, due to it being the owers responibility to keep a check of the cars safety. As long as they have issued a letter saying it needs inspecting, I think that is all they need to do legally to cover theirself (I might be wrong though). Also, who are you waiting to get back? Foursons or colt cars? It might be quicker for you to check through colt by going to mitsubishi-cars.co.uk, clicking on faq's then my car is an import (or words to that affect) then filling in the form. This is what I done + got a response within 3 working hours

funkstardelux
09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I contacted mitso online about the recall work i needed doing. had a reply really quickly as my local dealer was saying stuff like we need the sva test etc..basically didn;t wan to do it..but the email from head office got it done in a few days.

JTG
09-08-2010, 04:40 PM
They should still replace the arms under the recall if due but doubt they will pay for any damaged caused by it, due to it being the owers responibility to keep a check of the cars safety. As long as they have issued a letter saying it needs inspecting, I think that is all they need to do legally to cover theirself (I might be wrong though). Also, who are you waiting to get back? Foursons or colt cars? It might be quicker for you to check through colt by going to mitsubishi-cars.co.uk, clicking on faq's then my car is an import (or words to that affect) then filling in the form. This is what I done + got a response within 3 working hours

I filled out said form yesterday and am still awaiting a reply, so I phoned Mitsi customer service (not Fourskins) and they have to check with Mitsi Europe (strangely) and will phone me back when they've found out.

funkstardelux
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
may take a few days..but hell of lot quicker doing it online comapred to going to the dealer straight