PDA

View Full Version : missing when comming on boost

dickytim
30-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem with the engine missing for a second just before it comes on boost when you nail it ?

This problem has just started occuring yesterday afternoon. Any one got any ideas ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Richard :)

Spirit
30-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Have had it before and then stopped, now not had it for a couple of months.

Some suggestions could be:

coil pack(s)
spark plug(s)
fuel pump

I would monitor it for now, try an ECU reset also, and see if it disappears

Brind
30-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Could have an air leak somewhere?

Spirit
30-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Could it also be a bit of crap in the system and a good old blast may clear it out ?

zentac
30-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem with the engine missing for a second just before it comes on boost when you nail it ?

This problem has just started occuring yesterday afternoon. Any one got any ideas ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Richard :)

Sounds like fuel cut to me, I was getting it all weekend spent ages playing with the FCD and boost controller to get rid of it.

Spirit
30-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Could be but if he has similar symptons as me it was not doing it at full boost/revs - mine happened at speeds as low as 30 when you just started to floor it - i.e. turbo's just started to spool up. Any more info dickytim as too when it happens ?

zentac
30-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Thats exactly what fuel cut does. I was getting it if I slowed down to 20mph then booted it in 5th gear, when the boost came on I hit fuel cut.

-LegnumVR4-
31-08-2004, 07:01 AM
Yeah boost cut would come on early as u have put a large load on the engine.

I would have a look at the spark plugs as a starting point. Maybe ring ur Mitzy dealer and ask them if they have heard of the problem before? Most likely they have.

Rhys

dickytim
31-08-2004, 08:41 PM
I have been told it seems like a TPS (throttle possition sensor) problem, to test this theory I went all off or all on, on the way to work and what do you know no miss.

Will have it confirmed when I take it into road, race and rally today.

Cheers for the suggestions guys.