PDA

View Full Version : shame it aint legal

VR4Kaos
09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
got my new plate two days too late but hey it arrived doubt it be legal tho hehehehe

VR4Kaos
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
need to click on middle pic to see finer detail

Confused
09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Looking good :)

More "legal" than some numberplates I've seen!

Ghost_2008
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
The noticable "non-legal" element here would be the size and spacing of the letters....... but as Confused has said it's more legal than a lot, remember most Police dont care or simply dont know, also with the plate at the front the Police would have to approach from the front, see it, notice it's illegal, turn around and pull you over........... not going to happen.......... unless of course your approaching a road side testing thing...... it's at the MOT it may cause an issue but you just swap over the original.........

elnevio
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
The font size might be ok with it being an import (the smaller 64mm, rather than standard 74mm (or whatever the different sizes are!), font can be used where there is not enough number-plate space). The lack of a space isn't allowed, neither is any other writing except for the BS number and the manufacturer's postcode. Having said all that, my standard-sized font number plate has no space and nothing else on the plate at all - front and back - literally just the registration. I've had them on there for 2 and a half years (indeed, the car was first registered and MOTed with them on!) and only had a problem when I was pulled over two years ago for allegedly being a bit naughty, but there was nothing to pin on me - except for the lack of a space in my registration, for which I got a vehicle rectification notice. As it was, the officer didn't give me my part of the paperwork, and despite my best efforts in ringing up the police station so my copy could be sent out to me, nothing was received in the post and there was no follow-up. Can't do much more than that!

andydckent
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Karl, your reg plate number is practically the same as mine!

Did you get your car from WS Imports per chance?

Andy

VR4Kaos
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
yes i did mate did you get yours from here

andydckent
09-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah I got mine for them too. They seem like good guys!

VR4Kaos
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
yeah they do when did you get yours from em did you see mine there

andydckent
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I got mine in January 2009. They did have a Super there at the time parked in their rather muddy little car park, I think that's probably your one!

VR4Kaos
09-08-2010, 05:50 PM
yeah as i got mine in jan this year so they must of had it nearly a year before selling it mmmmm makes me wonder why or was it for sale you just went for your one sorry bout all the questions

andydckent
09-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I am not sure how long your one had been there Karl, I asked them how long they had had mine and they said they got it in about August 2008. The MOT that it came with had been done in early September that year which probably confirms this.

As far as I could work out one of the old guys that ran the place used to own a bigger garage in a nearby town and selling imports is what they do now almost like a hobby so its possible they aren't pushing the sales as much as other dealers would be. Hence stock sits around for a while.

Humpty's Revenge
09-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Like to see the Police on this one!:smash: