PDA

View Full Version : witnessed an oap getting mowed down

Wobble
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
drove up to one of my contracts in Holt ,Norfolk . it was a new build so wasnt on my satnav pulled over to side of road and made a phone call to my office to get the info i needed .

whilst i was waiting for a call an oap was walking on the opposit side of road (there was no pavement).

A nissan qua qui (whatever) then drove round me and hit the oap in the back at about 15 mph then nearly drove over him .

me and my colleage jump out i phoned 999 he went to the oap , the driver that hit him then tried reversing to clear the oap but put it in drive instead and once again nearly drove over him./duh

the man in the car gets out and :shocked: an 87 year old who couldnt walk or talk properly got out asking what had happened /duh

police came and had to wait an hour to give statements.

paramedics and police as well as onlookers were worried about the 87 year old driver but hes passengers assured everone that that is what hes like and he hasnt had a stroke or anything

Cant belive this guy had a licence nor could the police who said they will make sure he doesnt drive again .

Oap that got hit has gone to hospital with back injures was awake throughout , hope he will be ok.

could have been alot worse though .

elnevio
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Blimey

Hope they're all okay at the end of this. It's a bit of a shaker for anyone of any age.

Turbo_Steve
11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
It's a bit of a shaker when you're mid-twenties! Must have been hugely stressful - feel sorry for both parties, really: and for you dude.

Seeing that kind of stuff can really sh!t you up - you ok?

Barney
11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
My neighbour is 97 and only gave up driving last year when he rolled his Honda Jazz.
Even before the accident he had tendons gone in his shoulders so that he couldn't lift his upper arms away from his body. That wasn't a problem when his wife was alive because she used to sit beside him and held the wheel when he let go during turning the wheel (Turn - Hold - Turn - Hold etc etc).
Neither could he turn/look around to reverse and he had already ripped both wing mirrors off the car!

The funny thing about all this is, prior to his tendon problems his wife always sat in the back seat because she felt he was a bad driver!!!!

:unbeleeva