PDA

View Full Version : Inception

funkstardelux
11-08-2010, 07:38 PM
got to say wow what a movie

rees
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Didn't rate it tbh, visually stunning but I didn't buy the story dream with in a dream with in dream ...pfft

It was no matrix

OnBoost!
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I reckon it was extremely boring,I felt like walking out several times.

I was disappointed as I thought it would be a great movie.

Pastor of Muppets
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
i saw the a team movie and that was chuffing brilliant!!! i am an old school a team fan and although the casting wasnt what it might have been it had the lighthearted fun feel about it!!

funkstardelux
11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
yeah the A team... loved it

Lillywotsername
12-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Saw this last week..... and TBH I fell asleep through it a couple of times. What I saw of it was visually good though

TJFTO
12-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I enjoyed inception, anyone else had some funky dreams since?

MikeKey
12-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I loved it, kept me glued to the screen from start to finish.

Atik
12-08-2010, 03:44 PM
I really enjoyed the film. I deliberately stayed away from reading/watching any reviews so went into watching it without any expectations and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Humpty's Revenge
12-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I thought this was a new fertility drug for men!/pale

gareth001
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Got to be a top 10 film for me of all time, very very good.

Off to see the A-Team tonight though, damn film was released back in June the day after I was over there on business so had to wait until now...

andydckent
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
A decent film but in my opinion it does not come close to ranking amoung the top films of all time.

OnBoost!
13-08-2010, 12:55 AM
A decent film but in my opinion it does not come close to ranking amoung the top films of all time.

Yeah it's not even anywhere in the top 100!

mattnz
13-08-2010, 01:50 AM
I think it was a good film, a bit of a strange one in that it is a 'thinker', requiring a bit of effort on the part of the audience, but you can't think about it too much, or you realise how ridiculous it is.

MikeKey
13-08-2010, 10:33 AM
The A Team was surprisingly good. It won't win any awards for, well, anything, but definitely one of the best TV show spin-off/remake movies there's been for a while.
Knight and Day is also worth a watch if you're going to the cinema, a lot funnier than I expected!

gareth001
13-08-2010, 10:48 AM
The A Team was surprisingly good. It won't win any awards for, well, anything,

Was an enjoyable film - I don't know about awards though, I would nominate it for:

Most unrealistic scene (many to choose from...)
Most unrealistic CGI for 2010 film (exploading end scene)

Although I don't remember the Oscars covering these categories last I watched.

VR-04-TT
13-08-2010, 11:05 AM
The movie was enjoyable, but certainly does not deserve the hype it has received. It's very straightforward and easy to follow, I don't get why people have been saying it's complicated and a mind-bender etc.

I advise people to wait for the DVD release as it's not a 'cinema' movie.

orionn2o
13-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Interesting because I went to see it with no expectations as I hadnt seen any reviews or anything. And I loved it.

Kept me glued right up until the end.

gareth001
13-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Interesting because I went to see it with no expectations as I hadnt seen any reviews or anything. And I loved it.

Kept me glued right up until the end.

We went to see it in a cinema where the air con had broken and it was really really hot. But got so into the film neither me or my fiancee noticed the temperature until the film finished

BraindG
13-08-2010, 11:38 AM
We went to see this lastnight, again didnt read reviews no expectations and we loved it - Glued to the end.

but is he or isnt he in the Real World.. dum dummmm duuuuuuuummmmm!!

Atik
13-08-2010, 11:43 AM
They did finish the film at a perfect point though...

Real world or not?

funkstardelux
13-08-2010, 11:44 AM
well some people didn't like it, some did.
for me i thought it was at least something decent that came out this year..there really hasn't been much.

andydckent
13-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I thought Shutter Island was quite good!

scott.mohekey
13-08-2010, 12:33 PM
I've seen it twice now, and I believe he is in the real world, and Christopher Nolan is just ****ing with the audience at the end there..

andydckent
13-08-2010, 12:51 PM
The thing that confused me about whether they were in the real world or not was the scene where they went to Mombassa and met the guy who made the sleeping potions. There is a point in this scene where he runs up a narrow alley and it gets so tight that he has to squeeze out the other end. That strikes me as something that would only happen in a dream.

BraindG
13-08-2010, 01:08 PM
That's a good point! Forgoty about that alley scene, I did say to ness lastnight; what if it was all a dream, while he was on the plane home to his kids

rees
13-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I really enjoyed the film. I deliberately stayed away from reading/watching any reviews so went into watching it without any expectations and thoroughly enjoyed it.

hmm yeah maybe i shouldda done that , it was too built up for me

rees
13-08-2010, 01:46 PM
The thing that confused me about whether they were in the real world or not was the scene where they went to Mombassa and met the guy who made the sleeping potions. There is a point in this scene where he runs up a narrow alley and it gets so tight that he has to squeeze out the other end. That strikes me as something that would only happen in a dream.

yeah i know what you mean i thought this for a second , but i dont think that was intentional ; just shoddy building work lol

gareth001
13-08-2010, 01:59 PM
This is a vast Q&A website with the film talked about in great deapth: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Inception-Explained-Unraveling-The-Dream-Within-The-Dream-19615.html

rees
13-08-2010, 07:24 PM
This is a vast Q&A website with the film talked about in great deapth: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Inception-Explained-Unraveling-The-Dream-Within-The-Dream-19615.html

aow:rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes3 :upsidedow /bounce :quasi: :greedy: :stars: :stars:

MikeKey
14-08-2010, 10:12 AM
One other thing that made me wonder if it was reality or a dream is the fact that there were loads of guys with automatic weapons on every level, some of them shooting at the team at fairly point blank range while they were stuck in a car, but only Saito ever gets hit!

foxdie
15-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Watched this yesterday afternoon, both me and Chris felt it didn't live up to the hype. It was a good film, but it was just that, it wasn't groundbreaking, it wasn't jaw-dropping, it wasn't even amazing.

Personally had we known what we know now, we wouldn't have gone to see it in the cinema, but would have probably waited for it to come out on DVD before watching it.

Wobble
15-08-2010, 02:48 PM
This started off as a 'was it any good or not thread '. /wall

lets spoil more films which people may have not seen

star wars - that dude in a black cape and mask is the other dudes dad. :huh:

the sixth sence - older dude is dead :rolleyes3

gareth001
16-08-2010, 09:44 AM
This started off as a 'was it any good or not thread '. /wall

lets spoil more films which people may have not seen

star wars - that dude in a black cape and mask is the other dudes dad. :huh:

the sixth sence - older dude is dead :rolleyes3

While you are at it: Titanic, the boat sinks...