PDA

View Full Version : karate kid , alot better than i was expecting

rees
13-08-2010, 01:27 PM
very good , not just a cheap retake on the original

crane kick 2010 YEAH BABY:beerbang: :beerbang:

Ghost_2008
13-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Karate Kid is tought the mystical art of KUNG FU........

This has really pi**ed me off to be honest, why call it Karate Kid when it's simply not the case.........

Karate: A Japanes matial art derived from the Ancient Art of Ju Jitsu........

Kung Fu: A Chinese martial art........

This is boarderline racism.....

No offence and I'm sure it's not a bad movie, far from it it's got Jackie Chan in it........... it's the franchise......... why are we continuing to remake old movies where has imagination gone.....

Wodjno
13-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Karate Kid is tought the mystical art of KUNG FU........

This has really pi**ed me off to be honest, why call it Karate Kid when it's simply not the case.........

Karate: A Japanes matial art derived from the Ancient Art of Ju Jitsu........

Kung Fu: A Chinese martial art........

This is boarderline racism.....

No offence and I'm sure it's not a bad movie, far from it it's got Jackie Chan in it........... it's the franchise......... why are we continuing to remake old movies where has imagination gone.....

Chill Bill.. It's only a film :quasi:

Ghost_2008
13-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Chill Bill.. It's only a film :quasi:

I know it's only a film and I meant it half in jest, but for some myself included, martial arts are more than a work out, it is a phylosophy and the difference between Kung Fu and Karate is huge......... I have studied Karate and Ju Jitsu and I wouldnt stand for it to be called Kung Fu as it completely miss represents what it is......

However putting that aside, why call this film "Karate Kid" when he is tought KUNG FU, it's just an other example of Hollywood not being able to create something from scratch and having to reinvent something that was best left alone.........

I will probably see this film and I may well enjoy it, it just doesnt sit right with me.......

Kryton
13-08-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought the film was a bit 5H17 to be honest. Pretty much no action for the 1st 30 mins & what the heck is this all about:

Put your jacket on, Take your jacket off, Put it on the ground, Pick it up, Hang it up, take down your jacket (& round & round we go) - or something like that

I know the say rather than wax on wax off, its jacket on, jacket off, but it ain't. Seriously though, who came up with this & thought it would be good?!

Wodjno
13-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I know it's only a film and I meant it half in jest, but for some myself included, martial arts are more than a work out, it is a phylosophy and the difference between Kung Fu and Karate is huge......... I have studied Karate and Ju Jitsu and I wouldnt stand for it to be called Kung Fu as it completely miss represents what it is......

However putting that aside, why call this film "Karate Kid" when he is tought KUNG FU, it's just an other example of Hollywood not being able to create something from scratch and having to reinvent something that was best left alone.........

I will probably see this film and I may well enjoy it, it just doesnt sit right with me.......

I can take it for what it is /yes

I have trained also in the Arts. Training in Judo, Shotokan, Lau Gar, Combined Tai Chi Mantis, Kick Boxing, Boxing, Tang So Do, Taekwondo, Kyokushinkai and Wado Ryu.
I used to live, eat and breathe the arts. But i take films for what they are /yes Just films /Wyhy

Kujoy
13-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Really enjoyed it. Kids loved it as well. Jaden smith played the role better than Ralph Macchio ever could have.

Kujoy
13-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I did prefer the wax on, wax off from the first films. jacket thing was a bit naff..

:)

Ghost_2008
13-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I can take it for what it is /yes

I have trained also in the Arts. Training in Judo, Shotokan, Lau Gar, Combined Tai Chi Mantis, Kick Boxing, Boxing, Tang So Do, Taekwondo, Kyokushinkai and Wado Ryu.
I used to live, eat and breathe the arts. But i take films for what they are /yes Just films /Wyhy

I appreciate that, but simply why call it Karate Kid?:smash: :smash: :smash:

It's like U-571, it's a film pretending to be something it's not........ people will watch it go to their local dojo and expect to learn something that they dont teach.......:upsidedow

Wodjno
13-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I appreciate that, but simply why call it Karate Kid?:smash: :smash: :smash:

It's like U-571, it's a film pretending to be something it's not........ people will watch it go to their local dojo and expect to learn something that they dont teach.......:upsidedow

Not if they go with an empty cup /YMaster

Geraint
13-08-2010, 09:26 PM
ghost_2008

i agree mate, why call it karate kid when he does kung fu! stupid. And why remake such an epic film. its always gona fail as a remake but could be alright as a film in its own right.