PDA

View Full Version : Euro NCAP (anyone see Top Gear today?)

Brind
22-06-2003, 09:48 PM
They showed some 'Brave guy' crash a new Renault Megane INSERT INTO post VALUES (you know the ugly one with the huge rear bumper) into the side of an old shape Ford Mondeo at about 30mph.
The Megane by the way has a 5 star NCAP rating which is the highest you can get.
Needless to say he survived and the cabin was virtually untouched, even the doors still opened and closed.
Just after that they had other cars on there as a comparison, they has a Toyota somthing which also rated 5 and various others with various ratings and they had all been crashed at 40mph, they had a Land Rover on there which only had 2 stars and it was in a hell of a state, a fraction faster and it would have really been alot more serious as the roof bars were ready to break.

They then asked the audience what cars they had and then told them the results of their cars from the list they had.
An update of the NCAP results will be out shortly but I was looking to see what the Galants rating is.
On the Parkers website they list a 2001 Carisma with 3 stars, I can't load the NCAP website as I guess many viewers have jumped on their site killing their bandwidth.

We know Barry survived when he wrote off his last VR-4 so it can't be that bad.
It would be intersting to see what it scores.

Parkers gives it 4 stars and says: Above-average, with driver and front passenger airbags plus ABS; V6 also has side airbags; saloon has a three-point safety belt for the centre rear passenger.
But that isn't an NCAP rating.

PUDD
22-06-2003, 11:40 PM
yes m8, i seen it and i would love to find out how galants fair up:)

BraindG
22-06-2003, 11:50 PM
they dont fair to well going side ways into lampposts..