PDA

View Full Version : CVR4 V2: The ins and outs

BraindG
14-08-2010, 05:12 PM
As stated in the main thread I am looking for feedback from you the CVR4 member to help improve the site and or ensure items arnt overlooked.

Name 1 thing to remove from the site and why?
Name 1 thing to keep and give a reason why and possible suggestion for improvement.

For example.

Remove: Video Depository
Reason: Its not very friendly to use, Youtube is better and brings wider audience.

Keep: Pager
Reason: I love being able to message people quickly
Improve: make it easier to see historical messages per user.

Please keep it simple, we can go into depth at a later stage - Just dont forget; this wont be the only thread about this topic /Hyper

Wodjno
14-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Remove: Historic For Sale Items ie 3 months
Reason: It junks the place up.

Keep: Pager

Reason: I love being able to message people reasonably quickly
Improve: Make it possible to reply to a pager that was sent historically. ie. 1 that you read but did not reply straight away to. But now wish to reply.

SGHOM
14-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Don't change anything Barry ....... I'll need re-training /dunce

Adam.Findlay
15-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Remove: drop down menus on the top right
Reason: they do not work on all browsers such as chrome.

Keep: Picture Uploader
Reason: A picture is worth 1000 words especialy for articles
Improve: make it easier to use! accept wider ranges of image sizes and types, i my self have never figured out how to upload images

mattnz
15-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Will the new forum be based on vB?

If it is, I would like to see [img] tags enabled. I know that you want to make sure the links stay active, but most offsite images are hosted for a pretty long time, especially from photobucket, imageshack etc. I don't see how it's that much different from linking to an eBay auction and asking questions about that, as that page will definitely expire in a couple of weeks, leaving anyone searching with no idea what the thread was about.

Also, with the youtube thing, perhaps you could enable the [youtube] tags, I find them quite handy in general.

bradc
15-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Remove: small attached image size
Reason: bigger is better, and it will be easier for non-computer people to figure out uploading images.

Oblivion
15-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Keep: Photo Gallery
Reason: Like being able to easily look up other peoples cars and mods.
Could improve by also being able to sort by Images, Comments, Views.

Keep: 1/4 mile database
Reason: makes it easy to see how your times compare
Improve by removing the obviously fake ones!

For Youtube, Im not sure what its called (embedded?) but its handy if you can watch the clip on the forum page without having to open a new web page.

Wodjno
15-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Would it be possible to implement an Auto picture resizer ? I myself haven't any issues with uploading, but for those who do, it would make things easier !
Or link to an easy picture resizer like Faststone picture resizer.