PDA

View Full Version : EBC brake disks

stonegr
01-09-2004, 01:16 PM
hello

I am interesting for front brake disks and i found EBC disks on Funky Pproduct.

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php?carNumber=24&carMake=Galant&catTypeNumber=14&catType=Brakes&subcatType=Brake%20Discs&subcatTypeNumber=93

These are the first on the top. But our VR4 (ec5a 98+) is not listed. :huh:

Someone said that we using tha same brake disks as Lancer Evo 5 non-Brembo or Lancer Evo 4. So can i proceed to order them?

Thanks

Roadrunner
01-09-2004, 01:34 PM
The EC5A (post-facelift) can fit the same discs as the Evo V onwards (320mm front, 302mm rear), but you'd need 17" wheels to allow room for the Brembo calipers.

Evo IVs and earlier use different hubs with smaller discs and sliding calipers, but I'm not sure whether these are the same as the pre-facelift 8g VR-4s.

Brian

stonegr
01-09-2004, 01:55 PM
My wheels are stock 16inch so i am interesting only for 294mm brake disks

calum
01-09-2004, 10:34 PM
the pre-facelift vr4 uses the same ffront discs and pads as the pre-brembo evo 4. This is a fact, proven through me having evo 4 discs and pads on my car.

The rears are different - don't know what they're the same as, if anything.

I don't rate EBC. Why not look at the national racing and ferodo ds2500 combo that a few people have and are happy with?

Calum

stonegr
11-09-2004, 05:27 PM
the pre-facelift vr4 uses the same ffront discs and pads as the pre-brembo evo 4. This is a fact, proven through me having evo 4 discs and pads on my car.

The rears are different - don't know what they're the same as, if anything.

I don't rate EBC. Why not look at the national racing and ferodo ds2500 combo that a few people have and are happy with?

Calum

I use Ferodo DS2500 and i am verry happy with them.
I am looking for the EBC brake disks because the national dealer here is ... :dozey: anyway.

I look for the black diamond brake disks ( http://www.proven-products.co.uk/products/Black%20Diamond%20Discs.htm ) but the price... Drilled & Grooved 294mm £148.00 pair AND Shipping £85.00 ! :rolleyes5

So my last option is the EBC :|

IF anyone else know if these disks(EBC) fits please PM me.
I must be sure 100% before i order them.

Thank you

calum
12-09-2004, 12:15 AM
if you must be 100% sure and are unwilling to trust what I have said/ done, then do some research, like I did before buying mine.

Calum

craig-1
12-09-2004, 12:34 AM
if you must be 100% sure and are unwilling to trust what I have said/ done, then do some research, like I did before buying mine.

Calum

i have national racing discs fitted with green ebc brake pads have done now for a few months and never had any probs with them ,i was going to fit ebc red but was told they take to long to get to the right temp(ther ok for track days but not normal day to day)