PDA

View Full Version : MAF question

Mark 4
18-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Just doing a bit of work on my cold air box and it has occured to me that piping would be a little tidier if I tun the MAF through 90 degrees as in picture. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this ?

Nick Mann
18-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Your air box won't fit!

But as it looks like you have a cold air box where the battery was, you should be okay. :D

Mark 4
18-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes, very amusing Mr Mann.

Gly
18-08-2010, 08:32 PM
no its fine, mines been like that for years

Mark 4
18-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Cool, thanks a lot.

Eurospec
18-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I see them upside down on evos quite a bit, since when you do certain mods it wont fit in the normal way up, and they seem fine. Part of me thinks they probably are designed to be a certain way up, since they are always in that orientation on every mitsu maf car, but in practice i think they are fine whatever way you can get them in.

Cheers,

Ben.

andyleaves
19-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Mate of mine had a scooby STI Classic, (please scooby and classic in the same sentence) we turned his MAF upside down for some pipe work we had done.
The reason we had to do this was the box thing on top was just a little to close to the hood when closed. Anyway all went back together fine started fine but the engine died not 10 meters after driving down the road, tried several times with the MAF no good. Turned the MAF the right wat up and working again...

It might just have been his Scooby, or the MAF.